Police stop girl in OHIO from killing. BLM off and running!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 9

Police stop girl in OHIO from killing. BLM off and running!

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Police in Columbus, Ohio, on Tuesday fatally shot a Black teenage girl they confronted as she lunged at two people with a knife, as seen in police video footage of the encounter, authorities said.
https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-police-kill ... 54243.html

And here we go again! Maybe the cop should have just filmed the girl stabbing the other girl with his body cam. I am amazed at the stupid people saying the cop should not have used deadly force. People in these communities need to start training their children better. Simple as that IMHO.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Police stop girl in OHIO from killing. BLM off and running!

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

OneGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OneGun »

I don't think the current atmosphere will change until a city loses its entire police force, and people are forced to fend for themselves against the criminals and their gangs.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Post by flechero »

So when did they start getting ready made signs to show up with at crime scenes for the photo ops????
ready to go signs.jpg

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Paladin wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:03 am
Perfect video!

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

I have not seen or heard that the police officer was out of line. All I have heard and seen is that the officer is a "Hero." I would agree, that the made the right decision, made a really great shot and acted according to his training. Maybe I am missing something...

Hoodasnacks

Post by Hoodasnacks »

The slow motion video of this shows amazing police work. The officer had almost no time to asses the situation. He was directly behind the attacker who was lunging at another girl (and the other girl was also down range of his gun). He took a slight step to the right to get a clear shot and fired when the knife was around 12 inches from the other girl's face.

We don't know how the whole thing started (e.g. maybe the other girls started the fight), but you can't have a fist-fight on your front lawn and try to stab someone.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

This was a clean shot from what I can tell. Was he supposed to wait until she jabbed that knife 5” into the other ones abdomen to act?

cirus

Post by cirus »

OneGun wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:34 am I don't think the current atmosphere will change until a city loses its entire police force, and people are forced to fend for themselves against the criminals and their gangs.
:iagree: I say shut the police department down for one month and let them have at it. I'd buy a ticket.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

cirus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:25 pm
OneGun wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:34 am I don't think the current atmosphere will change until a city loses its entire police force, and people are forced to fend for themselves against the criminals and their gangs.
:iagree: I say shut the police department down for one month and let them have at it. I'd buy a ticket.
I cannot disagree with this. Did you see how far Minneapolis had to go to get assistance for the verdict? The neighboring counties had already said they would not send their men into that county because of the DA. This time they got help from Nebraska and Ohio, and a third state I do not recall. I am thankful we still have a few dedicated officers left because I would have refused to go if I were one of them. You would not even get the benefit that in state officers get from laws allowing police to do things because you are not legally an officer there. I would definitely be worried about someone trained in Texas and our rules for justification going up there with their laws being different.

And it will not be long until we start seeing a critical shortage of police officers, even in Texas. A very popular meme in the police forums is to post how many days you have until retirement. Many of the younger officers are also looking at ways out since they are not even vested in retirement yet. Many other officers have stopped doing any proactive police work because of the risks involved. There is an old saying that is being repeated a lot in police circles: You cannot get in trouble if you don't do anything.

So the real question becomes how many officers are really needed to police a medium large city before it sees enough crime to wake people up?
Steve Rothstein

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

srothstein wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:50 pm
So the real question becomes how many officers are really needed to police a medium large city before it sees enough crime to wake people up?
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm very certain this is the plan.

1. Incapacitate the local police. Make sure that they cannot do their jobs and that there are not enough of them to act if they wanted to. I suggest that we have already reached that point in parts of most of the big cities. I do not believe that Chicago, for example, gets "normal" policing in the gang controlled areas. I have no police training but believe that if I were charged with stopping crime in one of those areas, I'd want to saturate it with officers, at least in the short term, and start picking off the "problems", one at a time if necessary. As long as that level of man-power isn't available, control of the area will rest with the gangs/criminals
2. Have people get fed up with the lawlessness and demand a solution. That "solution" is Federal level troops to be replaced, over time, by Federal police officers who are not under local control. I'm convinced this is why the big push for gun control so that people will not have the power to do the clean up themselves. Call it TSA 2.0 The whole organization grew from nothing and in a short time. In my mind, TSA is ruthless - they are to do as they please within the mission that they have and the Federal police will be the same. I expect it to be phased in an area or a city at a time. When success is achieved in one area, the cries from other areas will produce rapid expansion. Yes, I understand that staffing could be an issue.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

srothstein wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:50 pm So the real question becomes how many officers are really needed to police a medium large city before it sees enough crime to wake people up?
Ask the city of Dallas. They have a MASSIVE shortage of officers, and crime has been on the rise.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

chasfm11 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:35 pm
Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm very certain this is the plan.

1. Incapacitate the local police. Make sure that they cannot do their jobs and that there are not enough of them to act if they wanted to. I suggest that we have already reached that point in parts of most of the big cities. I do not believe that Chicago, for example, gets "normal" policing in the gang controlled areas. I have no police training but believe that if I were charged with stopping crime in one of those areas, I'd want to saturate it with officers, at least in the short term, and start picking off the "problems", one at a time if necessary. As long as that level of man-power isn't available, control of the area will rest with the gangs/criminals
2. Have people get fed up with the lawlessness and demand a solution. That "solution" is Federal level troops to be replaced, over time, by Federal police officers who are not under local control. I'm convinced this is why the big push for gun control so that people will not have the power to do the clean up themselves. Call it TSA 2.0 The whole organization grew from nothing and in a short time. In my mind, TSA is ruthless - they are to do as they please within the mission that they have and the Federal police will be the same. I expect it to be phased in an area or a city at a time. When success is achieved in one area, the cries from other areas will produce rapid expansion. Yes, I understand that staffing could be an issue.
:iagree:

Locally based Police will likely not participate in gun confiscations or military-style raids on citizens since they live and work in the area.
BUT, Federal Police will have no such qualms on armed enforcement of edicts from Washington.

When the very first Federal Police Officers are deployed to a city, town or State, the States will have no more rights.
If you think the Constitution is meaningless now.....you ain't seen nothin' yet.
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Deitz83 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:14 am I have not seen or heard that the police officer was out of line. All I have heard and seen is that the officer is a "Hero." I would agree, that the made the right decision, made a really great shot and acted according to his training. Maybe I am missing something...
Yeah. I think you are. They were protesting last night about it in Ohio.

https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-police-kill ... 41623.html

another one
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/more_spo ... i-BB1fSfwX

Return to “Off-Topic”