Haiti - probably don’t want to visit

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Haiti - probably don’t want to visit

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/catholic-officia ... 29436.html

9 Catholic priests and nuns kidnapped.

Maybe more than 5% of what the Clinton Foundation received from people in donations after the Haiti earthquake should have been spent on actual relief.

Topic author
philip964

Re: Haiti - probably don’t want to visit

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/worl ... sionaries/

Notorious gang leader threatens to kill 17 American missionaries that were kidnapped last week.

Maybe Hillary can secure their release since she did so much good for that country after the earlier earthquake.

Not hearing anything from Xiden. Maybe he will pay the ransom.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Post by longtooth »

Our Church supports actively a missionary there in Haiti. The word we get from her is that it is far worse than any news media here admits.
Violence, kidnapping is rampant. Food and water are terribly scarce. So far our missionary in unharmed. I wont say safe at all but unharmed.
Thank you Lord and we ask your divine protection over all you servants there and especially the children in Jesus Name AMEN
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

17 Kidnapped Missionaries escape at night on their own guided by the stars.

Well done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59736726

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I have a friend who is from Haiti. His parents still live there.
He has told me about armed people randomly shooting people.
It is a really big mess. I don't have any idea if or how they can stop it.
The only thing I can do is pray for them.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/dozens-killed-ha ... 18565.html

Dozens killed in 2 weeks of violence.

Probably not a good place for the Clintons to have scammed all those donations.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://news.yahoo.com/haitis-deadly-vi ... 20878.html

Hmmmm.

Vigilantes have apparently killed 160 criminals in Haiti in the last few weeks and have brought gang violence to a standstill.

And I thought armed vigilantes ( militias ) were a bad thing.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

philip964 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:17 pm https://news.yahoo.com/haitis-deadly-vi ... 20878.html

Hmmmm.

Vigilantes have apparently killed 160 criminals in Haiti in the last few weeks and have brought gang violence to a standstill.

Depends on which side of freedom you stand.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:24 pm
philip964 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:17 pm https://news.yahoo.com/haitis-deadly-vi ... 20878.html

Hmmmm.

Depends on which side of freedom you stand.
I believe it is a double edged sword. Typically the vigilante groups become a type of gang themselves and start deciding to punish people for what the vigilante group decides is crime. It could be something as simple as spreading butter on the wrong kind of bread. I have to admit though, with the recent dramatic increase in gang violence we are experiencing in America, and our corrupt leftist politicians refusal to do anything about it, I am beginning to change my mind and think maybe some vigilante justice might do our country some good.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:33 am
I believe it is a double edged sword. Typically the vigilante groups become a type of gang themselves and start deciding to punish people for what the vigilante group decides is crime. It could be something as simple as spreading butter on the wrong kind of bread. I have to admit though, with the recent dramatic increase in gang violence we are experiencing in America, and our corrupt leftist politicians refusal to do anything about it, I am beginning to change my mind and think maybe some vigilante justice might do our country some good.
As Robspierre found out during the French Revolution - he who wields that sword of justice is just as easily struck by it. There might be some short term good from vigilante exercises but mobs of any kind, no matter how well-intentioned, cannot be controlled so I completely agree with your assessment that "crime" can quickly become a fluid term. I'm not aware of a case where a grass roots justice campaign was undertaken that resulted in a democratic, rule of law result. Once the rule book is thrown away, it is hard to write a new one. So working within the system is our best hope but I do admit that in the face of Soros funding, that is unimaginably difficult. We all know the purpose of the engineered crime spree - the public's demand for a new system. I don't want to play into that.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

chasfm11 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:00 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:33 am
As Robspierre found out during the French Revolution - he who wields that sword of justice is just as easily struck by it. There might be some short term good from vigilante exercises but mobs of any kind, no matter how well-intentioned, cannot be controlled so I completely agree with your assessment that "crime" can quickly become a fluid term. I'm not aware of a case where a grass roots justice campaign was undertaken that resulted in a democratic, rule of law result. Once the rule book is thrown away, it is hard to write a new one. So working within the system is our best hope but I do admit that in the face of Soros funding, that is unimaginably difficult. We all know the purpose of the engineered crime spree - the public's demand for a new system. I don't want to play into that.
Vigilantes are extra-LE actors. When there is no LE, I don't think the actors are vigilantes in the original sense of the word.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

we were supposed to pull in there for a port call back in 90 something, we had just left antigua you know making friends :biggrinjester:

our captain came on the speaker and told us he was not going to put our crew into such a crazy as a bat dangerous area to please some body in DC
so we went to PR to do "repairs" that suddenly came up

that place has always been a stable of nothing good or safe
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Consider the difference in 2 different countries where natural disasters have struck:

Haiti - Earthquake ruins everything, in a country that has always been a basket case. Years later, it's still a basket case. The people don't know which way is up, as far as governing themselves, and building back. I used to work with 2 Haitians who moved to the states. One told me that the German government had gifted the country with a brand new, fully equipped ambulance. The First Lady of Haiti commandeered it for her personal use, so that her driver could drive her around on shopping sprees and personal errands.

Japan - Tsunami causes horrible damage to large areas, as well as damaging the nuclear power site. Years later, the industrious, hardworking Japanese people have cleaned up the mess, and are getting back to normal. Personal property that people find goes to a central lost and found, where people can retrieve their items. They were presented with serious problems, and put their noses to the grindstone to better their situation.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:23 pm Consider the difference in 2 different countries where natural disasters have struck:

Haiti - Earthquake ruins everything, in a country that has always been a basket case. Years later, it's still a basket case. The people don't know which way is up, as far as governing themselves, and building back. I used to work with 2 Haitians who moved to the states. One told me that the German government had gifted the country with a brand new, fully equipped ambulance. The First Lady of Haiti commandeered it for her personal use, so that her driver could drive her around on shopping sprees and personal errands.

Japan - Tsunami causes horrible damage to large areas, as well as damaging the nuclear power site. Years later, the industrious, hardworking Japanese people have cleaned up the mess, and are getting back to normal. Personal property that people find goes to a central lost and found, where people can retrieve their items. They were presented with serious problems, and put their noses to the grindstone to better their situation.

SIA
yep night and day
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”