Farewell

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Farewell

Post by parabelum »

After 6 years being a member here, I’ve had enough of censorship. Last straw was when my post was deemed as profane because I called that leftist moron Juan Williams a “ illegitimate child ”. Really, a “ illegitimate child” is such a profane word?! Drawing a line in the sand. Many thanks for all Patriots I had pleasure to meet here, Carl etc. Wish everyone all the best.

cirus
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Farewell

Post by cirus »

:smilelol5: Start your own forum and I'll join you. I hang out at m14forum.com. Great bunch of guys and alot of ex military. Of course everyone has an m14 on there. They're pretty blunt and to the point. Good luck .

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Don’t.

Oh, I get it, I’ve had a post deleted before as well and didn’t think it should have been.. But those are the rules here and we all know them when we join. We just learn how to be creative when trying to get our feelings across. I tried Texas Gun Talk for a while and I left because too much cussing and attacking members. While this forum might be a little heavy handed on moderation it’s still one of the best sources of information and helpful members I’ve found. Especially when it comes to “Texas” things. I think you would do a disservice to both yourself and the forum if you left. But if you must then good luck to you. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Keep your account open and when you cool off, come on back. We all get a little worked up on occasion. :tiphat:

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

Tex1961 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:54 am Don’t.

Oh, I get it, I’ve had a post deleted before as well and didn’t think it should have been.. But those are the rules here and we all know them when we join. We just learn how to be creative when trying to get our feelings across. I tried Texas Gun Talk for a while and I left because too much cussing and attacking members. While this forum might be a little heavy handed on moderation it’s still one of the best sources of information and helpful members I’ve found. Especially when it comes to “Texas” things. I think you would do a disservice to both yourself and the forum if you left. But if you must then good luck to you. Hope you find what you’re looking for.
:iagree: :iagree:

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

I came here because of the freedom to post.

Many gun forums don’t allow posts because of ideas.

Not here.

But the language must be nice. I think not offend a young girl was the message I often receive.

Sometimes I forget.

Cool off. Stay.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

True some of the other forums may be more tolerant of abrasive language, but the problem there is that too many people pick that ball up and run with it, and you end up with posts full of stupid crap.
-Ruark

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Ruark wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:08 am True some of the other forums may be more tolerant of abrasive language, but the problem there is that too many people pick that ball up and run with it, and you end up with posts full of stupid crap.
And Crap is not a bad word, since it is the shortened nickname for the inventor Thomas Crapper of England.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Crapper

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I think the ban on substitutions for profanity is a bit much, but as others have said, we all know the rules (or are quickly reminded of them). On the whole, I personally think this is the best forum for the exchange of ideas on topics related to guns in Texas.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

What brought me to the Forum in 2005 is the fact there were grown ups here that had a good understanding of the English language and did not have to use gutter language to express their self. My thoughts are real simple and that since you are typing you are having to think. Surely you can think of something other than that what is offensive to women and children (and should be for men of Faith also). If not there are are plenty of gutter sights that you are allowed to use. I hate to see anyone leave. I have had post deleted more than I can count not for language, but the content. It just happens. Everyone is welcome, wanted, and needed.

Thanks to Mr. Cotton for having high standards!

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I like the cleaner atmosphere we have in this room. It was my main reason to join. The knowledge I found in this room from the members quickly became my next good reason. Very glad to be here even though I mostly listen (read) 95 percent of the time.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:52 pm I like the cleaner atmosphere we have in this room. It was my main reason to join. The knowledge I found in this room from the members quickly became my next good reason. Very glad to be here even though I mostly listen (read) 95 percent of the time.
The knowledge here is unbelievable. Any subject doesn’t matter. The depth of knowledge on any subject is really fantastic. Thanks !!!!

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

philip964 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:16 pm
Take Down Sicko wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:52 pm I like the cleaner atmosphere we have in this room. It was my main reason to join. The knowledge I found in this room from the members quickly became my next good reason. Very glad to be here even though I mostly listen (read) 95 percent of the time.
The knowledge here is unbelievable. Any subject doesn’t matter. The depth of knowledge on any subject is really fantastic. Thanks !!!!
:iagree:

Other forums are too lax and let keyboard warriors attack one another and use all sorts of foul language. This site with it's knowledgeable members and clean family atmosphere make it one of the best ones available. My son looks over my shoulder a lot when I am online. I never have to worry about him seeing something inappropriate on this site when he watching what I am reading.
Ron
NRA Member

JRG

Post by JRG »

Yep, what drew me to this site and keeps me here is the not allowing personal attacks on people. I have dropped off of many sites due to being attacked or being called stupid and such. This site is great for the information and climate.

Joe

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 pm What brought me to the Forum in 2005 is the fact there were grown ups here that had a good understanding of the English language and did not have to use gutter language to express their self. My thoughts are real simple and that since you are typing you are having to think. Surely you can think of something other than that what is offensive to women and children (and should be for men of Faith also). If not there are are plenty of gutter sights that you are allowed to use. I hate to see anyone leave. I have had post deleted more than I can count not for language, but the content. It just happens. Everyone is welcome, wanted, and needed.

Thanks to Mr. Cotton for having high standards!
:iagree:
Some of my grandkids have learned to read on this site while sitting in my lap. The only way that could have happened is with the restrictions placed on the content.
They (as well as myself) have also learned so much about firearms from those on this site. When the time comes for me to have great grandkids, they too will be welcome in my lap to read and learn about all things Texas firearms related.
Charles and mods, thank you for a civilized site where we don’t have to worry about foul language.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”