Saturday Night Live discriminates against African American host

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Saturday Night Live discriminates against African American host

Post by philip964 »

https://thepostmillennial.com/snl-offer ... -elon-musk

A safe space has been created for cast members who don’t want to work with the upcoming African American host.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Saturday Night Live discriminates against African American host

Post by RoyGBiv »

Elon Musk is a white guy from California.

?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:38 am Elon Musk is a white guy from California.

?
IIRC He has South African citizenship along with US citizenship, and Canadian to boot. I also want to say that I believe he was born in South Africa.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

flechero

Post by flechero »

Sat night live is still on air??? who knew. It was a pretty good show in the 80's

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

G.A. Heath wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:58 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 5:38 am Elon Musk is a white guy from California.

?
IIRC He has South African citizenship along with US citizenship, and Canadian to boot. I also want to say that I believe he was born in South Africa.
Ahh! That joke completely missed me, obviously. Thanks for explaining. :oops: :lol: :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

flechero wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:17 am Sat night live is still on air??? who knew. It was a pretty good show in the 80's
No kidding! :cheers2:

Those loosers aren't good enough to hold Elon's coat.

Elon was born in South Africa and as an engineer had a hand in designing many of the things he's world famous for (Cars, rockets, etc).
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

He invented PayPal.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

flechero

Post by flechero »

oohrah wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:57 pm He invented PayPal.
So what. PP was purchased by ebay in 2002. IIRC, that is before the anti-gun policies.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

RoyGBiv wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:51 am
G.A. Heath wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:58 am

?
Ahh! That joke completely missed me, obviously. Thanks for explaining. :oops: :lol: :thumbs2:
yup he is an african american by the standard .. he is also a funny guy, pretty darn smart and a good salesman...but he did screw up and decide to move some tesla manufacturing to austin... he should have moved the plant to east texas :hurry: :hurry:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

powerboatr wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:34 pm but he did screw up and decide to move some tesla manufacturing to austin... he should have moved the plant to east texas :hurry: :hurry:
Austin is less travel time to deliver bags of cash to the Capital. :mrgreen:

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

If corporations in America don't begin rejecting this ridiculous culture of "woke", it is going to be the end of us all. I am not even sure what Elon Musks politics are. Are these snowflakes upset simply because he is rich? He provides woke automobiles to mostly wealthy "woke" people. His customer base is the most disgusting group of virtue signalers in America. Is this a case of eating their own?

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:03 pm If corporations in America don't begin rejecting this ridiculous culture of "woke", it is going to be the end of us all. I am not even sure what Elon Musks politics are. Are these snowflakes upset simply because he is rich? He provides woke automobiles to mostly wealthy "woke" people. His customer base is the most disgusting group of virtue signalers in America. Is this a case of eating their own?
A software company comes up with a brilliant corporate speech policy
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... olicy.html
1. No more societal and political discussions on our company Basecamp account. Today's social and political waters are especially choppy. Sensitivities are at 11, and every discussion remotely related to politics, advocacy, or society at large quickly spins away from pleasant. You shouldn't have to wonder if staying out of it means you're complicit, or wading into it means you're a target. These are difficult enough waters to navigate in life, but significantly more so at work. It's become too much. It's a major distraction. It saps our energy, and redirects our dialog towards dark places. It's not healthy, it hasn't served us well. And we're done with it on our company Basecamp account where the work happens. People can take the conversations with willing co-workers to Signal, Whatsapp, or even a personal Basecamp account, but it can't happen where the work happens anymore

2. No more paternalistic benefits. For years we've offered a fitness benefit, a wellness allowance, a farmer's market share, and continuing education allowances. They felt good at the time, but we've had a change of heart. It's none of our business what you do outside of work, and it's not Basecamp's place to encourage certain behaviors — regardless of good intention. By providing funds for certain things, we're getting too deep into nudging people's personal, individual choices. So we've ended these benefits, and, as compensation, paid every employee the full cash value of the benefits for this year. In addition, we recently introduced a 10% profit sharing plan to provide direct compensation that people can spend on whatever they'd like, privately, without company involvement or judgement.
About a third of Basecamp's employees have said they are resigning after the company, which makes productivity software, announced new policies banning workplace conversations about politics.
Great response…
In one of the greatest management moves of all time, Basecamp's CEO persuaded all of his most grindingly annoying employees to resign at once. .https://t.co/BUUhnfU691

— Scott Adams

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

oohrah wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:57 pm He invented PayPal.
Well... Not quite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PayPal#Early_history
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

ELB

Post by ELB »

The funniest thing Elon could do on SNL is announce he's bought NBC and will be making major staffing starting with SNL...
USAF 1982-2005

ELB

Post by ELB »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:18 pm
Great response…
In one of the greatest management moves of all time, Basecamp's CEO persuaded all of his most grindingly annoying employees to resign at once. .https://t.co/BUUhnfU691

— Scott Adams
Yes it is. :smilelol5:
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Off-Topic”