TX: No place but Plano

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: No place but Plano

Post by philip964 »

BLM blocks traffic with apparently police protection.

Flightmare

Re: TX: No place but Plano

Post by Flightmare »

A little context

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

cirus
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cirus »

And this will continue to happen until some irate motorist gets out with an AR and does a 60rnd mag dump.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

I'm actually surprised some motorist didn't shoot those blocking the road and pointing a gun into traffic
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

Absolute nonsense.

They are obstructing the right of way and a public thoroughfare. That cop should be moving them out of the road and the arresting them if they do not clear the road and move to the sidewalks.

Play in traffic... well that’s a stupid thing to do.

The prize should be as expected for playing stupid games. I see nothing wrong with obeying the traffic signals and driving through them.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

Mel

Post by Mel »

cirus wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 am And this will continue to happen until some irate motorist gets out with an AR and does a 60rnd mag dump.
This is exactly what they are hoping for! Nothing is going to improve until the cities/counties/states begin enforcing the laws.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

cirus

Post by cirus »

Jeff B. wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:41 am Absolute nonsense.

They are obstructing the right of way and a public thoroughfare. That cop should be moving them out of the road and the arresting them if they do not clear the road and move to the sidewalks.

Play in traffic... well that’s a stupid thing to do.

The prize should be as expected for playing stupid games. I see nothing wrong with obeying the traffic signals and driving through them.

Jeff B.
:iagree:

cirus

Post by cirus »

Mel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:53 am
cirus wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 am And this will continue to happen until some irate motorist gets out with an AR and does a 60rnd mag dump.
This is exactly what they are hoping for! Nothing is going to improve until the cities/counties/states begin enforcing the laws.
They're not gonna enforce the laws. Its just gonna get worse until it explodes. Then you won't be able to stop it.

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

cirus wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:03 am
They're not gonna enforce the laws. Its just gonna get worse until it explodes. Then you won't be able to stop it.
Agree 100%.

Once that genie is out of the bottle it’s not going beck on quickly or easily.

Jeff B.
Don’t ever let someone get away with telling you that no one wants to take your guns. - Joe Huffman

cirus

Post by cirus »

Jeff B. wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:34 am
Agree 100%.

Jeff B.
It seems like its usually our side that gets told to stand down or get arrested in these situations. Why? Because out side is law abiding and easier to control. LE knows they can't control the left without being brutal and most LE in big cities is in Demorat controll. The only way the left will be defeated is for us to become more brutal than they are. Our side is going to have to disregard the law to get the job done.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

cirus wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:15 am
Agree 100%.

Jeff B.
It seems like its usually our side that gets told to stand down or get arrested in these situations. Why? Because out side is law abiding and easier to control. LE knows they can't control the left without being brutal and most LE in big cities is in Demorat controll. The only way the left will be defeated is for us to become more brutal than they are. Our side is going to have to disregard the law to get the job done.
In a case like this where it would be one citizen and one peace officer facing down a mob the situation calls for buying time for reenforcements to arrive, retreating, getting the citizen to stand down, or some combination thereof. The only other option is to try going out like a viking.

Yes you can fight, and you might somehow win by some miracle, but is that slim chance of winning the battle at that time worth the risk and the costs? Antifa/BLM/whatever they call themselves is doing a good job of picking their time and place and picking their battles, what we need to do is learn to do the same.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Jeff B.

Post by Jeff B. »

I’m not talking about fighting, I’m talking about the expectation for the authorities to enforce the law and maintain order. I saw a police officer who was doing neither one and allowing a mob to rule.

I also did not see and “reinforcements” nor hear of or see any arrests. When the laws are not enforced and order is not maintained with a bias towards one side, faction or movement, those not in that movement can only assume that the authorities and the government is not representing them and is therefore not legitimate units jurisdiction over them.

That’s a recipe for a very bad situation, which the above incident can be described as the tip of the iceberg.

Jeff B.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

G.A. Heath wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:56 am
cirus wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:15 am
Agree 100%.

Jeff B.
In a case like this where it would be one citizen and one peace officer facing down a mob the situation calls for buying time for reenforcements to arrive, retreating, getting the citizen to stand down, or some combination thereof. The only other option is to try going out like a viking.

Yes you can fight, and you might somehow win by some miracle, but is that slim chance of winning the battle at that time worth the risk and the costs? Antifa/BLM/whatever they call themselves is doing a good job of picking their time and place and picking their battles, what we need to do is learn to do the same.
Sir, I get what you are saying. I stay away from big cities as much as possible because that lessens my chances of bad incidents. However, the reasons that BLM/Antifas/leftist agitators are "winning" this stuff is due to their adroit manipulation of video on social media, and the FACT that the mass news media machine loves those troublemakers more than they love the breath of life itself. Of course, many of the Democrat politicians running big cities already agree with those agitators, and certainly don't want to do anything that might attract negative media attention. I don't envy any police officers in those cities and certainly have no desire to do that work myself. If I was in that line of work in one of those places, I'd be looking for employment elsewhere.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/05/08 ... ng-n376686

Well this is getting some legs.

I didn’t realize the BLM protestors were pointing guns at people. Geez.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

philip964 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:39 pm https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/05/08 ... ng-n376686

Well this is getting some legs.

I didn’t realize the BLM protestors were pointing guns at people. Geez.
Update from Plano PD. The item pointed was an "electronic control device".

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”