Is it me or are postings down

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tomneal
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is it me or are postings down

Post by tomneal »

I haven't noticed any posts from TAM recently. That on it's own could make it seem that postings are down.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by K.Mooneyham »

tomneal wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:28 pm I haven't noticed any posts from TAM recently. That on it's own could make it seem that postings are down.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything from him in a while. Even his social media hasn't had anything on it in a while, either. :headscratch

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:24 am
tomneal wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:28 pm I haven't noticed any posts from TAM recently. That on it's own could make it seem that postings are down.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen anything from him in a while. Even his social media hasn't had anything on it in a while, either. :headscratch
Just checked and his last post was June 20. Hope everything is okay with him
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I heard from TAM, and he is doing alright, just not as engaged on the forum due to other factors, that's all.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

THE ENGINEER wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:55 pm I think folks have lost interest in the forum due to a shift in the topics being discussed or they feel like it is an otherwise uninviting environment.

Personally, I feel the forum has become too much of a political soundboard. Topics far outside of Texas CHL or Texas gun legislation are commonplace. Many people are simply sick and tired of hearing about the election, theories about voter fraud, and so on.

Titles such as “George Floyd who died of an overdose….”, “Covid19…from China”, “Joe Xiden”…and so on do not give the appearance of an inviting forum where all ethnicities or races that are interested in learning about Texas gun laws or concealed carry are welcome. Combine that with at least one member sporting a confederate flag avatar and others that make exclusionary comments, I can see why forum activities are slow.

Shift forum focus back to TX concealed carry with an emphasis on helping anyone interested in learning about gun safety and Texas gun laws and I bet forum activity increases.

I know that for me, this is the reason I rarely post anymore. Very little discussion of LTC, gun/range reviews, holsters, etc. just political discussions, that devolve into either divisiveness, or an echo chamber. This used to be the best place for new gun owners, or those wanting to obtain their LTC, to get information, with helpful “pros” ready, willing, and able to assist. The demographics, were very diverse, and included men and women. I enjoyed engaging in discussions, with those who had different ideas, and experiences. There are many places on the internet, where political views, and other controversial topics can be discussed. As others have said, these places do not lend themselves to civility, and eventually leave only those posters, who thrive on that. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

The lack of availability and increased price of ammunition these days has certainly put a damper on range time for many of us. When you find ammo available for some reasonable price, you buy what you can and then feel bad if you shoot it up because you don't know when you might find more. I believe this fact has certainly led to a lower interest in the normal topics for this forum. Additionally, the lack of/high prices of ammo most certainly ties into the current political climate, and I'm also sure that has led to a shift in topics here, as well.

Return to “Off-Topic”