Black Rifle Coffee goes Woke

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Black Rifle Coffee goes Woke

Post by rtschl »

BRCC did interview with NY Times. Seems like they built their brand and now abandoning the people who they marketed their coffee to. Do they really think the anti gun left is going to buy their gun named and themed coffee instead of Starbucks?

That the owner believes anyone who thinks Kyle Rittenhouse acted in self defense is a racist and needs to be flushed down the toilet is absurd. One may or may not agree with Rittenhouse's actions but that doesn't make one a racist. But even more disturbing in his comments, though I'm not Catholic, he believes a woke person in the Pentagon that Saint Michael crushing the head of Satan is a white supremacist racist symbol? I guess BRCC thinks the OK symbol is racist too.

I'm against cancel culture, but when you specifically build your brand towards Veterans, Police, and 2A supporters they are canceling themselves. Maybe I'm wrong, but it does seem BRCC has chosen BLM over their base. Go woke, go broke.

Ron
NRA Member

Grayling813

Re: Black Rifle Coffee goes Woke

Post by Grayling813 »

Who gives an interview to the NY Slimes expecting anything other than being misquoted and twisted?
Last edited by Grayling813 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MadMonkey »

They did the whole "guns for me but not for thee" a while back, too.

Everybody needs to be careful of companies that pretend to be on our side :???:
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

They don't support criminals. I don't support criminals either. Participation in mob violence of any kind is a criminal action. It is fashionable today to turn a blind eye to the sins of one's own side while denouncing the sins of the other. Hafer is demonstrating that he has more backbone than 99% of public figures by using conduct rather than nominal affiliation to judge events and the people in them. Good for him.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

I would be very careful of what he said versus what it is reported he said. For example, he did not say that the image of St. Michael was a racist symbol. He said he was told that it had been embraced as such by some white supremacists because of how close it looked to George Floyd. He did make it clear he does not like white supremacists and would pay to get them out of his customer base, and as such he decided to not use the bag he had planned on. I have never understood why any business would care what the customers believed in if they had the cash to pay for the product, but he apparently does. I am guessing it is at least partially because he is afraid of being "cancelled" for allowing these people to buy his coffee, That makes me lose some respect for him, but I am not ready to trash his company over it.
Steve Rothstein

Topic author
rtschl

Post by rtschl »

While I agree with sentiments above about not wanting to be associated with criminal or racist activity and I have no problem with statements from them that make that clear. But that is not all that was the object of Haver's and Best's derision in the NY Times interview. BRCC is promoting the article on their social media accounts so it doesn't appear that they disagree with what was written. The point I was trying to make is that it seems they profited off their marketing to conservatives and now are now trying to distance themselves from the image they themselves created and insulting many of their customers who are not racist or woke to do it.

Here's an article from RedState that I think is balanced and fair.

My gut feeling is that the company management is making a move to moderate its image before going public. Black Rifle Coffee has transitioned from a subscription-based coffee company to one that has a brick-and-mortar presence; however, to really make that move work, it will require a volume of cash that can’t be generated via increasing sales or borrowing.

Just as Black Rifle Coffee is on the cusp of changing its financial structure, it is also arriving at a philosophical decision point. Will it stay conservative and cater to the people that made it successful? Will it go “woke”? Will it complete the transition from a cause to a grift? Unfortunately, the signs aren’t all that great.

https://redstate.com/streiff/2021/07/17 ... it-n412402
Ron
NRA Member

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

rtschl wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:32 pmWhile I agree with sentiments above about not wanting to be associated with criminal or racist activity and I have no problem with statements from them that make that clear. But that is not all that was the object of Haver's and Best's derision in the NY Times interview. BRCC is promoting the article on their social media accounts so it doesn't appear that they disagree with what was written. The point I was trying to make is that it seems they profited off their marketing to conservatives and now are now trying to distance themselves from the image they themselves created and insulting many of their customers who are not racist or woke to do it.
The part in bold makes me retract my statements. You are correct that if it was the NY Times twisting their words (as I believe the Times does in most interviews, especially with a conservative), they would not endorse or promote the interview. They would post a clarification of any disputed points.

The Redstate article is much more even handed (as they usually are) and attempts to explain why they would change their attitude. That is not a good enough reason for me.
Steve Rothstein

flechero

De Espresso Liber. Better coffee, better cause.

Post by flechero »

De Espresso Liber has a line of Gold Star coffees, each dedicated to an individual special forces soldier who was killed in action. Priced similar to sbucks, but portion of the proceeds go to that soldier's or his families charity of choice.

http://www.deespressoliber.com/

Evey order is custom roasted to order and shipped the day it's roasted. Best I've ever had.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

srothstein wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:47 am
rtschl wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:32 pmWhile I agree with sentiments above about not wanting to be associated with criminal or racist activity and I have no problem with statements from them that make that clear. But that is not all that was the object of Haver's and Best's derision in the NY Times interview. BRCC is promoting the article on their social media accounts so it doesn't appear that they disagree with what was written. The point I was trying to make is that it seems they profited off their marketing to conservatives and now are now trying to distance themselves from the image they themselves created and insulting many of their customers who are not racist or woke to do it.
The part in bold makes me retract my statements. You are correct that if it was the NY Times twisting their words (as I believe the Times does in most interviews, especially with a conservative), they would not endorse or promote the interview. They would post a clarification of any disputed points.

The Redstate article is much more even handed (as they usually are) and attempts to explain why they would change their attitude. That is not a good enough reason for me.
:iagree:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

kayt00

Post by kayt00 »

Some issues not touched on but Evan has a rebuttal.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Topic author
rtschl

Post by rtschl »

I watched Evan Hafer's Instagram post above and his and Mat Best's interview with Dana Loesch (link below). I'm leaning towards giving them the benefit of the doubt, but why did their company's social media accounts promote the NY Times piece and block any and everyone who asked about it? That just added fuel to the fire and made it seem BRCC was dissing their customer base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFmJ0rvgCHs
Ron
NRA Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The Proud Boys were created as a group to defend conservatives right to speak in public, who were being brutalized by ANTIFA terrorists.

St. Michael is a Christian symbol/angel.

Kyle was just a 17 year old kid defending himself from a violent rioting mob, specifically killing a child molester and another violent criminal... and wounding a man who was threatening him with a pistol.

Apparently Hafer isn't Christian, doesn't support Christianity or the right of conservatives to speak in public, but does support violent riots and child molesters.

Glad I don't drink coffee... if its BRCC or Starbucks... I'll pass on both.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse made lots of mistakes. I've watched the videos. I wasn't thinking of his acts of self defense. I was thinking of putting himself in harms way. 50 years ago, when I was 17, I made lots of mistakes as well. Lucky me, there were no videos. (Now that I've thought about it, 50 years after I was 17, I am still making plenty of mistakes. AND I JUST HOPE there are no videos.)

I don't talk to reporters because if asked what I think about 'common sense gun control', I might think it's COMMON SENSE that you should attempt to get both hands on the 1911 when firing because you will be able to CONTROL it better for the follow up shots. Why yes, I do believe in common sense gun control. :biggrinjester:

Remember the mortal words of Steve J. when asked what is the best gun to take to a gun fight? Steve J.: "Heck, if I thought there was going to be a gun fight, I just wouldn't go!"
Kyle Rittenhouse's mistake, was that he went anyway.

So....
Where should I buy coffee, if not from Black Rifle Coffee Company?
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

tomneal wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:45 pm So....
I buy and drink Community Coffee….cause I’m from Louisiana and that’s what I’ve always had. ;-)

I have bought some from De Espresso Liber more to help support their charities than the coffee. https://www.deespressoliber.com/

Overall, if companies would just keep their mouths shut about anything other than their products and their services I would buy whatever I liked and preferred. Most companies these days can’t seem to help themselves trying to out-woke each other.

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

tomneal wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:45 pm 17 year old Kyle Rittenhouse made lots of mistakes. I've watched the videos. I wasn't thinking of his acts of self defense. I was thinking of putting himself in harms way. 50 years ago, when I was 17, I made lots of mistakes as well. Lucky me, there were no videos. (Now that I've thought about it, 50 years after I was 17, I am still making plenty of mistakes. AND I JUST HOPE there are no videos.)

I don't talk to reporters because if asked what I think about 'common sense gun control', I might think it's COMMON SENSE that you should attempt to get both hands on the 1911 when firing because you will be able to CONTROL it better for the follow up shots. Why yes, I do believe in common sense gun control. :biggrinjester:

Remember the mortal words of Steve J. when asked what is the best gun to take to a gun fight? Steve J.: "Heck, if I thought there was going to be a gun fight, I just wouldn't go!"
Kyle Rittenhouse's mistake, was that he went anyway.

So....
https://www.151coffee.com/ Has been very first responder friendly every time I’ve been there :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Return to “Off-Topic”