9/11: Never Forget

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

9/11: Never Forget

Post by Vol Texan »

It has been 20 years now since that horrible day. I’ll never forget where I was, and I’ll never forget the sacrifices of all my brothers and sisters in arms who have paid the price to protect us since.

Good bless our troops and first responders.

And please, God bless the USA - and soon.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

RPBrown

Re: 9/11: Never Forget

Post by RPBrown »

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

I was at Haltom City Fire Station #3, I was on duty and saw that happen on the news! Those fire fighters entering the building and I'm sure most knew they would die!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

:patriot: :angel: :sad:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

philip964
Posts in topic: 3

Post by philip964 »

“Todd: Hello… Operator…listen to me…I can’t speak very loud. – This is an emergency. I’m a passenger on a United flight to San Francisco.. We have a situation here….Our plane has been hijacked…..can you understand me?

Lisa: (exhaling a deep breath to herself) I understand… Can the hijackers see you talking on the phone?

Todd: No

Lisa: Can you tell me how many hijackers are on the plane?

Todd: There are three that we know of.

Lisa: Can you see any weapons? What kind of weapons do they have?

Todd: Yes…. they don’t have guns….they have knives – they took over the plane with knives.

Lisa: Do you mean…like steak knives?

Todd: No, these are razor knives…like box cutters.

Lisa: Can you tell what country these people are from?

Todd: No…..I don’t know. They sound like they’re from the mid-east.

Lisa: Have they said what they want?

Todd: Someone announced from the cockpit that there was a bomb on board. He said he was the captain and to stay in our seats and stay quiet.
He said that they were meeting these men’s demands and returning to the airport… It was very broken English, and… I’m telling you…it sounded fake!

Lisa: Ok sir, please give me your name.

Todd: My name is Todd Beamer.

Lisa: Ok Todd….my name is Lisa…Do you know your flight number? If you can’t remember, it’s on your ticket.

Todd: It’s United Flight 93.

Lisa: Now Todd, can you try to tell me exactly what happened?

Todd: Two of the hijackers were sitting in first class near the cockpit. A third one was sitting near the back of the coach section. The two up. front got into the cockpit somehow; there was shouting. The third hijacker said he had a bomb. It looks like a bomb. He’s got it tied to his waist with a red belt of some kind.

Lisa: So is the door to the cockpit open?

Todd: No, the hijackers shut it behind them.

Lisa: Has anyone been injured?

Todd: Yes, ..they…they killed one passenger sitting in first class. There’s been lots of shouting. We don’t know if the pilots are dead or alive. A flight attendant told me that the pilot and copilot had been forced from the cockpit and may have been wounded.

Lisa: Where is the 3rd hijacker now Todd?

Todd: He’s near the back of the plane. They forced most of the passengers into first class. There are fourteen of us here in the back. Five are flight attendants. He hasn’t noticed that I slipped into this pantry to get the phone. The guy with the bomb ordered us to sit on the floor in the rear of the plane……….oh Jesus.. Help!

Lisa: Todd….are you ok? Tell me what’s happening!

Todd: Hello…..We’re going down….I think we’re going to crash……Wait – wait a minute. No, we’re leveling off….we’re ok. I think we may be turning around…..That’s it – we changed directions. Do you hear me….we’re flying east again.

Lisa: Ok Todd…. What’s going on with the other passengers?

Todd: Everyone is… really scared. A few passengers with cell phones have made calls to relatives. A guy, Jeremy, was talking to his wife just before the hijacking started. She told him that hijackers had crashed two planes into the World Trade Center……Lisa is that true??

Lisa: Todd…..I have to tell you the truth…..it’s very bad. The World Trade Center is gone. Both of the towers have been destroyed.

Todd: Oh God —help us!

Lisa: A third plane was taken over by terrorists. It crashed into the Pentagon in Washington DC. Our country is under attack….and I’m afraid that your plane may be part of their plan.

Todd: Oh dear God. Dear God…….Lisa, will you do something for me?

Lisa: I’ll try….if I can….Yes.

Todd: I want you to call my wife and my kids for me and tell them what’s happened. Promise me you’ll call..

Lisa: I promise – I’ll call.

Todd: Our home number is 201 353-1073…….You have the same name as my wife…Lisa….We’ve been married for 10 years. She’s pregnant with our 3rd child. Tell her that I love her…….(choking up)..I’ll always love her..(clearing throat) We have two boys.. David, he’s 3 and Andrew, he’s 1…..Tell them……(choking) tell them that their daddy loves them and that he is so proud of them. (clearing throat again) Our baby is due January 12th…..I saw an ultra sound…..it was great….we still don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy………Lisa?

Lisa: (barely able to speak) I’ll tell them, I promise Todd.

Todd: I’m going back to the group—if I can get back I will…

Lisa: Todd, leave this line open…are you still there?……

Lisa: (dials the phone..) Hello, FBI, my name is Lisa Jefferson, I’m a telephone supervisor for GTE. I need to report a terrorist hijacking of a United Airlines Flight 93….Yes I’ll hold.

Goodwin: Hello, this is Agent Goodwin.. I understand you have a hijacking situation?

Lisa: Yes sir, I’ve been talking with a passenger, a Todd Beamer, on Flight 93 who managed to get to an air phone unnoticed.

Goodwin: Where did this flight originate, and what was its destination?

Lisa: The flight left Newark New Jersey at 8 A.M. departing for San Francisco. The hijackers took over the plane shortly after takeoff, and several minutes later the plane changed course – it is now flying east.

Goodwin: Ms. Jefferson…I need to talk to someone aboard that plane. Can you get me thru to the planes phone?

Lisa: I still have that line open sir, I can patch you through on a conference call…hold a mo…..

Todd: Hello Lisa, Lisa are you there?

Lisa: Yes, I’m here. Todd, I made a call to the FBI, Agent Goodwin is on the line and will be talking to you as well.

Todd: The others all know that this isn’t your normal hijacking. Jeremy called his wife again on his cell phone. She told him more about the World Trade Center and all.

Goodwin: Hello Todd. This is Agent Goodwin with the FBI. We have been monitoring your flight. Your plane is on a course for Washington, DC. These terrorists sent two planes into the World Trade Center and one plane into the Pentagon. Our best guess is that they plan to fly your plane into either the White House or the United States Capital Building.

Todd: I understand…hold on……I’ll…….I’ll be back..

Lisa: Mr. Goodwin, how much time do they have before they get to Washington?

Goodwin: Not long ma’am. They changed course over Cleveland; they’re approaching Pittsburgh now. Washington may be twenty minutes away.

Todd: (breathing a little heavier) The plane seems to be changing directions just a little. It’s getting pretty rough up here. The plane is flying real erratic….We’re not going to make it out of here. Listen to me….I want you to hear this….I have talked with the others….we have decided we would not be pawns in these hijackers suicidal plot.

Lisa: Todd, what are you going to do?

Todd: We’ve hatched a plan. Four of us are going to rush the hijacker with the bomb. After we take him out, we’ll break into the cockpit. A stewardess is getting some boiling water to throw on the hijackers at the controls. We’ll get them….and we’ll take them out. Lisa, …..will you do one last thing for me?

Lisa: Yes…What is it?

Todd: Would you pray with me?

They pray: Our father which art in Heaven
Hallowed be thy name,
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive our trespassers,
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory

Forever…..Amen

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…
He makes me to lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside the still waters
He restores my soul
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name’s sake

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, for thou art with me…..

Todd: (softer) God help me…Jesus help me….(clears throat and louder)

Are you guys ready?……..

Let’s Roll……………………”

allisji

Post by allisji »

I am right at the age where I could have signed up to join the armed services right after 9/11. A bunch of young men just like me fought and died in Afghanistan and Iraq. I grew up in a very small town and only knew a handful who went on to defend freedom. I was raised to believe that college was the only option for me after graduation and though I thought many times about whether I should fight in the war, I never did.

I don't cry very often. I've lived a very good life, in part because of the men and women who fought terrorism all over the globe to prevent any other 9/11 style attacks on the USA. I'd say that most years since 2001 I maybe haven't cried more than one time in the year, but I think that every year I've at least shed a tear on 9/11. Now we have a full generation of kids and young adults who weren't even born yet. Our colleges are full of students who don't have a clue what 9/11 felt like. They teach kids that America is evil.

My kids will know that college isn't their only option after they graduate. And if my son wants to join the fight one day and go into the military I will be proud of him and I won't try to talk him out of it. He turns 9 this year and he's a very intelligent kid. Smart enough to know right from wrong when he sees it, but the institutions of indoctrination are strong in our country. Teaching the next generation the lessons from 9/11 and to never forget is a very important mission now that we have so many who didn't experience it like the rest of us.

Those terrorists didn't attack us because of George Bush, or the election results in Florida. They didn't attack because of abortion or LGBT issues. They didn't attack because of islamophobia or because "America is racist". They attacked because we have freedom and liberty that they hate. They attacked because our money (and we have lots of it) says "In God we Trust" and it was put there by Christian men and women. The attacked us because we aren't like them and they hate us for it.

Our country has sunk so deep into self-hatred and division in the years since everybody came together as one after 9/11. Our institutions are set up to divide us and tear us apart. After 9/11 we viewed cops and firefighters as heroes. Now cops and firefighters are portrayed as racists and skinheads. We sent our kids to fight against evil men who want to destroy the American way of life. Now it seems like the majority party in power in America wants to destroy our way of life.

Our institutions won't teach the kids the lessons we learned after 9/11. We can't be silent now. We have to show them the images and the sounds of that day. They need to hear the words of George Bush from ground zero. They need to see the planes strike the WTC and see the people lining up in the windows and jumping to their death because they'd rather fall to death than burn alive in the fires. They need to know the names of Osama Bin Laden and Khalid Sheik Muhammad and Mohammed Atta and the others who planned and organized these attacks for al Qaeda. They need to know about the celebrations from terrorist sympathizers all over the world after the events of 9/11, and they need to know that the main reason that their hasn't been another 9/11 scale terrorist attack since is because the US Armed Forces pummeled and decimated those people. We killed them violently not because we're evil, it was justice for the people who died senselessly on 9/11 while at work or traveling to and from. People just like you and me. They had kids at school, babies at home, parents and grandparents who needed their care, friends and family who loved them. They brushed their teeth, put on the pants and went to work and didn't come home. And the first responders didn't plan to die that day. They ran into the fire and the rubble. They ran into a building that was practically cut in half by a jetliner. Many of them knew in their hearts that they most likely weren't going to come out of that building but they had a job to do. They had to try to save as many lives as possible as quickly as possible.

Kids don't learn these things in school, but they should.
Last edited by allisji on Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Setting in my church office when I got the call. My flash thought was OH NO, if they will do that they will do anything and I am 20 miles from a gun.
It was 9-11-01 that made me carry 24-7. I sure did not guess right on that day.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://breaking911.com/guantanamo-deta ... treatment/

Xiden releases "20th hijacker" to go home to Saudi Arabia.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:25 am https://breaking911.com/guantanamo-deta ... treatment/

Xiden releases "20th hijacker" to go home to Saudi Arabia.
Best president ever!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

longtooth wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:10 pm Setting in my church office when I got the call. My flash thought was OH NO, if they will do that they will do anything and I am 20 miles from a gun.
It was 9-11-01 that made me carry 24-7. I sure did not guess right on that day.
I have carried concealed every day of my life since I was 18 years old. We had no legal carry license back in those days. My thinking on it was if I am in a situation to need to show my weapon, my life is in danger and court is far better than death. I also had a wife and daughter by the time I was 19 and would have gladly done prison time if it was needed to save their lives. I left home at 15 and spent a year on the streets before managing to work enough to afford an apartment. I saw a side of evil that has stuck with me to this day, 44 years later.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/pro ... ade-center

Pro Palestinian protestors shout Allahu Akbar at World Trade Center. I am assuming at the Memorial.

Imagine pro Japan protestors shouting Banzai Banzai at the Arizona memorial in 1967.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Anyone who doubted the real intentions of that group should pay attention.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”