General Milley

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Re: General Milley

Post by longtooth »

crazy2medic wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:49 pm I'd like to see Trump win Reelection and Milley get a Very Public Court marshal
I would too but prolly wont happen.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Paladin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paladin »

Victor Davis Hanson is all over this one:

Victor Davis Hanson: The Afghanistization Of America
If that bizarre assertion is true, Milley himself might have essentially risked starting a war by eroding U.S. deterrence in apprising an enemy of perceived internal instability inside the executive branch, and the lack of a unified comman...

Milley has been reduced to a caricature of a caricature right out of “Dr. Strangelove”—and is himself a danger to national security....

Milley should either deny the Woodward charges and demand a real apology or resign immediately. He has violated the law governing the chain of command, misused his office of chairman of the Joint Chiefs, politicized the military, proved inept in his military judgment and advice, and may well have committed a felony in revealing to a hostile military leader that the United States was, in his opinion, in a crisis mode.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Excaliber »

And Biden will keep him in his post because for his purposes all those issues with Milley are features, not bugs.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

Milley should know that Biden is more likely to get us into a war than Trump was.
Charlie

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

TxRVer wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:54 am Milley should know that Biden is more likely to get us into a war than Trump was.
And get us badly defeated. Remember Black Hawk Down.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

longtooth wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:21 am
TxRVer wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:54 am Milley should know that Biden is more likely to get us into a war than Trump was.
And get us badly defeated. Remember Black Hawk Down.
Sadly, True.
Charlie

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Tom Cotton Asks Gen. Milley: "Why Haven't You Resigned?"

Good on him! I want to know why Milley hasn't resigned too!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

dlh

Post by dlh »

Is there a phone transcript of the call(s)? If so, I am more interested in what it/they say than General Milley's later self-serving declarations about what he said. If there is a phone transcript and he/his bosses refuse to release it then that speaks volumes.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 7

Post by powerboatr »

dlh wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 pm Is there a phone transcript of the call(s)? If so, I am more interested in what it/they say than General Milley's later self-serving declarations about what he said. If there is a phone transcript and he/his bosses refuse to release it then that speaks volumes.
yup we all know if trump was still in office the transcript would be all over the news.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Yesterday's hearings were all about throwing Biden under the bus so that the generals didn't get tarnished with the splatter from the Afghan debacle. Of course at least the Fox News crew was playing the generals' statements against the video footage of the Biden statements about retaining 2,500 troops and about the Afghan military and government collapses after the U.S. withdrawal. All played out on the world stage. Lovely. Peace through strength.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

God Bless Tucker! He called it:

Ship of Fools: How a Selfish Ruling Class Is Bringing America to the Brink of...

The clown show needs to end.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

All US military officers in pay grades O-6 and above have official biographies. General Milley graduated from the Princeton ROTC program in 1980 with a degree in political science. All the bios I do find talk about his command and staff jobs held later in his career, but none show units of assignment and jobs held when he was a junior officer in the grades of O-1 through O-4. I want to know what his "formative years" in the US Army were like. The mass news media did their best to slag Senator Cotton about his US Army service, but he was actually a platoon leader during his Iraq deployment, went outside the wire, and led troops in potential danger situations. I want to know that sort of information concerning General Milley. If anyone knows where to get that bio, or can access it, please PM me, thank you.

E10

Post by E10 »

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

The next war we get in and pay trillions of dollars for 20 years. I hope we win. I just can't get over 20 years and trillions of dollars spent.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

Deitz83 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:51 pm The next war we get in and pay trillions of dollars for 20 years. I hope we win. I just can't get over 20 years and trillions of dollars spent.
Elections (even if they are rigged) have consequences.

Apparently the General has decided that this Lt. Col. who dared speak up, go to the brig.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... -brig.html

I guess being under oath before Congress gets you a pass on saying something different than your commanding officer said.

Return to “Off-Topic”