Happy Constitution & Citizenship Day

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Rafe
Posts in topic: 1

Happy Constitution & Citizenship Day

Post by Rafe »

On September 17, 1787, the Founding Fathers signed the most influential document in American history, the U.S. Constitution. One that, sadly, many politicians and "social activists" feel is anachronistic and should be rewritten...if not scrapped altogether. But on September 17 we not only celebrate Constitution Day, but also Citizenship Day, a holiday meant to honor and celebrate the privileges and responsibilities of U.S. citizenship for both native-born and naturalized citizens.

I doubt the mainstream media will mention it today--I haven't seen anything so far--and ironically so when we're currently facing the greatest illegal crossing surge at our southern border in over 20 years. So I'll take this day to remember the Constitution, to remember the meaning of citizenship, and to remember that America has always been a nation that opens its arms and its heart to those who come here legally.

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Mel

Re: Happy Constitution & Citizenship Day

Post by Mel »

I also noted that on my Calendar (which HAS federal holidays) Constitution Day was not listed. Every January I compare the U.S. Flag code with my calendar and add the missing holidays.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

E10

Post by E10 »

Yeah, they leave out all the important holidays: Battle of Gonzales (in two weeks!), Sam Houston’s birth/Texas Independence, Fall of the Alamo, Battle of San Jacinto, etc., etc.

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

And.... I was reading that a number of college students in Florida were signing petitions to get rid of the Constitution. Why has our education system gone so wrong>?
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

AF-Odin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 pm And.... I was reading that a number of college students in Florida were signing petitions to get rid of the Constitution. Why has our education system gone so wrong>?
The mistake of hiring liberal teachers!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”