Shooting at Tennessee store

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Shooting at Tennessee store

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Shooting at Tennessee store kills one, injures 12; shooter dead
https://www.fox21news.com/news/national ... oter-dead/

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Shooting at Tennessee store

Post by Tex1961 »

Hey honey, running to Kroger to grab a few things. Be right back. Below is the text I just got from my wife a few minutes ago.

Have you looked at news lately? Kroger mass shooting in Memphis. “But I’m just going to the store I don’t need to carry “. You win - always carry

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:38 pm Hey honey, running to Kroger to grab a few things. Be right back. Below is the text I just got from my wife a few minutes ago.

Have you looked at news lately? Kroger mass shooting in Memphis. “But I’m just going to the store I don’t need to carry “. You win - always carry
My darned daughter is bad about that. She has a bad habit of carrying "when she thinks she is going to a dangerous place". My response is always the same. If you think it is dangerous, why the heck are you going there to begin with?

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:47 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:38 pm Hey honey, running to Kroger to grab a few things. Be right back. Below is the text I just got from my wife a few minutes ago.

My darned daughter is bad about that. She has a bad habit of carrying "when she thinks she is going to a dangerous place". My response is always the same. If you think it is dangerous, why the heck are you going there to begin with?
That's the same logic as "I'll put my seatbelt on if I think I'll be in a car accident"
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tex1961 »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:56 pm

That's the same logic as "I'll put my seatbelt on if I think I'll be in a car accident"
Yeah, my wife kind of understood why I always carried. I think this really set it for her as we always go to our local Kroger.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:58 pm

Yeah, my wife kind of understood why I always carried. I think this really set it for her as we always go to our local Kroger.
Drives me nuts. "I just went to get a quick burger. No, I didn't bring my gun." When I go out with her and my SIL, they tell me they figured I was carrying so they didn't need to.

I would bet dollars to donuts that many people think this way. I bet very few of us carry on a regular basis.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

I carry 24-7 as many of you do. I am thankful my wife carries now on a regular basis. She did say one time years ago, as above, but you are carrying.
My response: OK, if I get shot defending you who is going to be my backUp???
Now when something like this hits the news I always say, "And some folks still wonder why I carry 24-7.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:01 pm
Tex1961 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:58 pm

Drives me nuts. "I just went to get a quick burger. No, I didn't bring my gun." When I go out with her and my SIL, they tell me they figured I was carrying so they didn't need to.

I would bet dollars to donuts that many people think this way. I bet very few of us carry on a regular basis.
I used to think that way, but since all the covid stuff started, there are just too many angry folks out there so now I carry a .380 in my pocket at the minimum.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:47 pm She has a bad habit of carrying "when she thinks she is going to a dangerous place". My response is always the same. If you think it is dangerous, why the heck are you going there to begin with?
Exactly! Flightmare wins the internet for today. :cheers2:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Boy, I'm sure glad Kroger bent the knee to the Mad Mommies back in 2019 or someone mighta gotten hurt... oh, wait...

2014: https://www.everytown.org/press/moms-de ... -property/

2019: https://momsdemandaction.org/everytown- ... ts-stores/
Prohibiting open carry in stores will help to keep Kroger and Walmart shoppers and employees safe
- didn't work, did it?

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

AndyC1911 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:02 pm Boy, I'm sure glad Kroger bent the knee to the Mad Mommies back in 2019 or someone mighta gotten hurt... oh, wait...

Prohibiting open carry in stores will help to keep Kroger and Walmart shoppers and employees safe
- didn't work, did it?
Leftists are all morons.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I will still believe any evident means of self defense is a deterrent to crime.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:30 pm Leftists are all morons.
:iagree: But I think that some of this goes deeper. Businesses have watched the regularity with which defenders get sued by the families of perps, particularly perps that don't pass the room temp challenge and are afraid of being the deep pockets in a defensive shooting scenario. Allowing concealed carry still could land them in that same position but it is not as overt as OC.

That said, we have a lot of companies today that have bended knees to the militant Left organizations on a range of subjects. I'm glad that we haven't seen more .06 signs to go with that.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

flechero

Post by flechero »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:01 pm I bet very few of us carry on a regular basis.
Not unlike many here, I have callouses behind the point of my hip, and just above the belt. ;-)

flechero

Post by flechero »

AndyC1911 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:02 pm Boy, I'm sure glad Kroger bent the knee to the Mad Mommies back in 2019 or someone mighta gotten hurt... oh, wait...

- didn't work, did it?
I wish there was a way to call them out, like on TV, to illustrate that point.

Return to “Off-Topic”