Larry Vickers' firearms seized by ATF

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 1

Larry Vickers' firearms seized by ATF

Post by AndyC1911 »

I've seen the docs (direct PDF download-link: https://t.co/gTYC1UIffK?amp=1 ) - but I'm wondering what/who the heck is behind it all.

LTUME1978

Re: Larry Vickers' firearms seized by ATF

Post by LTUME1978 »

Do you know if he was arrested/jailed?

snapcap45
Posts in topic: 2

Post by snapcap45 »

Found out about this today. Been searching for any information. None so far aside from the ATF docs.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paladin »

All those SIG 550 series... yep. It's the Larry Vickers we all know and love.

"seized... for forfeiture pursuant to 26 U.S.C. Section 5872"... gonna have to look that one up.

Would suck if they kept Larry's awesome collection
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Oh I am sure he will get his weapons back WINK WINK!
Oh and those the go missing I am sure he will be properly compensated...

21-ATF-029948: Unknown Unknown Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:93976, valued at $1,000.00, seized by the ATF on
August 25, 2021 from Larry Vickers in Huntersville, NC for forfeiture pursuant to 26 U.S.C. Section 5872.
21-ATF-029950: Unknown Unknown Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:038, valued at $1,000.00, seized by the ATF on
August 25, 2021 from Larry Vickers in Huntersville, NC for forfeiture pursuant to 26 U.S.C. Section 5872.
21-ATF-029951: Unknown Unknown Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:WA3488, valued at $1,000.00, seized by the ATF on
21-ATF-029952: Unknown Unknown Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:3533, valued at $1,000.00, seized by the ATF on
21-ATF-029955: Astra Unknown Pistol CAL:ZZ SN:22478, valued at $1,000.00, seized by the ATF on August 25,
2021 from Larry Vickers in Huntersville, NC for forfeiture pursuant to 26 U.S.C. Section 5872.
21-ATF-029956: URJ M70 B1 Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:456194, valued at $1,000.00, seized by the ATF on August
25, 2021 from Larry Vickers in Huntersville, NC for forfeiture pursuant to 26 U.S.C. Section 5872.
21-ATF-029958: F.N. Unknown Machinegun CAL:ZZ SN:LC10061, valued at $1,000.00, seized by the ATF on
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

Long list. So many unknown machine guns. And all of them have a value of $1,000 and homemade silencers for $1. I would take a transferable machine gun for 1,000.

Edit: Looking at the list it has none of his many handguns. Is this something that gets published if someone looses/relinquishes their FFL/SOT and have to give up their inventory of fun guns?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

CHAPTER 53—MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER FIREARMS
§5871. Penalties

Any person who violates or fails to comply with any provision of this chapter shall, upon conviction, be fined not more than $10,000, or be imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.
§5872. Forfeitures

(a) Laws applicable
Any firearm involved in any violation of the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to seizure and forfeiture, and (except as provided in subsection (b)) all the provisions of internal revenue laws relating to searches, seizures, and forfeitures of unstamped articles are extended to and made to apply to the articles taxed under this chapter, and the persons to whom this chapter applies.

(b) Disposal
In the case of the forfeiture of any firearm by reason of a violation of this chapter, no notice of public sale shall be required; no such firearm shall be sold at public sale; if such firearm is forfeited for a violation of this chapter and there is no remission or mitigation of forfeiture thereof, it shall be delivered by the Secretary to the Administrator of General Services, General Services Administration, who may order such firearm destroyed or may sell it to any State, or possession, or political subdivision thereof, or at the request of the Secretary, may authorize its retention for official use of the Treasury Department, or may transfer it without charge to any executive department or independent establishment of the Government for use by it.
http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req= ... ion=prelim
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Looks like 239 items seized. Mostly machineguns, but a number of receivers and rifles. At least one AOW.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

TexasVet wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:23 pm Long list. So many unknown machine guns. And all of them have a value of $1,000 and homemade silencers for $1. I would take a transferable machine gun for 1,000.

Edit: Looking at the list it has none of his many handguns. Is this something that gets published if someone looses/relinquishes their FFL/SOT and have to give up their inventory of fun guns?
I have heard that if you loose your SOT bad things can happen to your MGs. Like forfeited or destroyed.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

And all of them were seized on August 25. I’m surprised nothing has been said about before now.
NRA lifetime member

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

TexasVet wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:23 pm Long list. So many unknown machine guns. And all of them have a value of $1,000 and homemade silencers for $1. I would take a transferable machine gun for 1,000.

I've never seen a MG sell for less than 15K. And most I've seen were over 25K. If SOT's can get them for 1K, I'm definitely in the wrong business.

flechero

Post by flechero »

KC5AV wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:09 am And all of them were seized on August 25. I’m surprised nothing has been said about before now.
That was my though.... it's been WAY TO QUIET!! He's a big name in this industry- I'd have expected some news on some site, somewhere!

snapcap45

Post by snapcap45 »

According to John Crump due to Larry's health issues he let his SOT lapse. Therefore the ATF seized his MG's. There was no illegal activity.

flechero

Post by flechero »

snapcap45 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:36 pm According to John Crump due to Larry's health issues he let his SOT lapse. Therefore the ATF seized his MG's. There was no illegal activity.
I have no idea what it takes to renew- but he just lost about a quarter mil (probably a very conservative estimate) in property... seems a renewal would have been worth it even if he had to hire someone to liquidate it all, if for nothing else but to his future estate.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

flechero wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:29 pm
snapcap45 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:36 pm According to John Crump due to Larry's health issues he let his SOT lapse. Therefore the ATF seized his MG's. There was no illegal activity.
I have no idea what it takes to renew- but he just lost about a quarter mil (probably a very conservative estimate) in property... seems a renewal would have been worth it even if he had to hire someone to liquidate it all, if for nothing else but to his future estate.
Yep. Over on ARFCOM someone indicated there is an outfit out there that does SOT liquidations, as even the ATF doesn't want to have to deal with it.

I'm glad to hear that there is no criminal matter involved. Sounds like Larry must be very ill.

Return to “Off-Topic”