Up to 18% of Products out of Stock Nationwide

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Up to 18% of Products out of Stock Nationwide

Post by Paladin »

Joe Biden and his Departments of Commerce, Labor, and Transportation have failed to solve a supply chain crisis causing the backup of supplies at U.S. ports and cross country transportation as the left-wing media lays the blame solely on the coronavirus.
CNN reported Costco and Sam’s Club and other grocery outlets will once again limit customer purchases.

And data from a supply tracking company shows that 18 percent of beverages, 15 percent of frozen foods, 16 percent of snacks, 15 percent of candy and 18 percent of bakery items were out of stock at stores during the week ending on October 3, according to IRI.
This is where extreme incompetence starts to get into the danger area for any society. The "Let them eat cake" approach the propaganda media (CNN) is promoting historically has had severe consequences.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Up to 18% of Products out of Stock Nationwide

Post by Grayling813 »

I read somewhere earlier today that some retail stores have started adjusting their shelving, creating less space so as not to appear to have so much out of stock.
It's only going to get worse if Pres * ever gets around to signing that Executive Order mandating (alleged) coronavirus vaccines.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I’d heard that ink was also on the shortage list. Went to Office Depot a few days ago and sure enough, probably 30 to 40% empty shelves.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I can only confirm about the A/C industry but it is extremely hard to find equipment, material and some parts. On top of that, we have had price increases 4 times already this year for anything with metal in it. These increases to date have been a total of 32%. I have been told there may be another Nov. 1st but for sure by Jan. 1st.
So ready for my son to take over so I can retire :mrgreen:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:26 am I can only confirm about the A/C industry but it is extremely hard to find equipment, material and some parts. On top of that, we have had price increases 4 times already this year for anything with metal in it. These increases to date have been a total of 32%. I have been told there may be another Nov. 1st but for sure by Jan. 1st.
So ready for my son to take over so I can retire :mrgreen:
Yep. It has been horrible. We had to go from "which efficiency do you want?" to "this is the one we can get". Right now Lennox literally has ZERO evaporator coils in stock. We have evap coils we filed for warranty claims back in May that we still have not received.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Yeah; things do not bode well and, personally, I think in we're in for a double whammy (in truth, maybe a triple or quadruple whammy) of continued supply chain disruption which will, in turn, only fuel increases in wholesale and retail goods and throw gasoline on the inflationary bonfire that the Biden administration has been able to get roaring in just a scant nine months. If you want to be lectured via euphemism and spin-doctoring, here's the White House's position as of September 23: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo ... sruptions/.

I think--since the media hasn't really been reporting this, or maybe even had it as a priority blip on the radar--that we all tend to see the first real signs of it in the way in which starts to impact our daily lives; things like lowered availability, longer delivery times, and increased prices for the stuff we buy. My eyes sorta opened a few weeks ago when a local famous-for-his-bad-commercials furniture mogul, Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale, began talking about "the foam crisis" in his TV ads and how he had beds in stock and ready for delivery. I mean...a foam crisis? Who knew?

I hate to link to a openly biased rag, but there was an interesting article in The Atlantic on October 7 by Derek Thompson: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ge/620322/. I don't know that I can buy into all of his deductions about causative factors (or omissions therein), or all of his conclusions. But remember when someone--now wildly reviled and hated--had slogans like "Make America Great Again" and "America First"? Thompson makes a very salient point:
"Our dearth of manufactured parts and containers is part of a broader crisis of manufactured scarcity in America. A protectionist and anti-growth instinct runs through government.... Focusing on the redistribution of income and goods is natural for today’s progressives, who tend to emphasize the virtue of equality. One lesson of the Everything Shortage is: You cannot redistribute what isn’t created in the first place. The best equality agenda begins with an abundance agenda.... Decades from now, we might look at the legacy of the pandemic, and see that it took a global crisis of choke points to teach us that real progress begins by removing the choke points at home."
The pessimist in me doesn't think this is simply a manufactured scarcity issue, though. I think it runs deeper than that, to people and infrastructure issues (as much as I hate to use that word right now). I had a friend stranded in Miami last Sunday in the whole Southwest Airlines fiasco, which root cause seems to be a lower than optimum number of available flight personnel coupled with an outdated internal system for scheduling and routing those personnel. The molehill turned into a mountain. The U.S. Postal Service has been demonstrating for over a decade now that it can effectively, efficiently, and reliably deliver mail...if it were still 1985. And the Texas February Icepocalypse showed us how well power providers have been maintaining and upgrading their forecasting, scheduling, and delivery systems over the years. But, of course, when the national workforce has turned upside down and companies trying to recover are faced with a dearth of skilled personnel, well, that's the perfect time for federal overreach and a mandate to private companies that their employees have to be vaccinated or fired.

I'm very worried. The only times we've seen double-digit YOY inflation in the U.S. were 1946, 1974, 1979, and 1980. The highest we've hit since 2007 was 3% in 2011. The historic cycles seem to expansion, reaching a peak, followed by a period of contraction, reaching a trough, followed by expansion again. The Fed is forecasting that we stay in expansion mode through 2023, that we end this year with a 1.8% inflation rate, followed by 1.9% and 2% respectively for 2022 and 2023. And I think they're full of it. National debt ballooning at a rate and to numbers that a Neil deGrasse Tyson would have trouble visualizing, plus a chicken-choked supply-side and consumer prices soaring does not bode well. That and another three years of leadership guaranteed to be more interested in taxation, bigger government, "redistribution of wealth," and pandering to a radical left that is somehow becoming more progressively (yeah; pun very much intended) influential, and we could be in serious, long-term trouble.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

der Teufel

Post by der Teufel »

Rafe: That's a pretty succinct summary of the current situation, thanks!

I have a Twitter account, although I only follow about five people with it. One of them is Mohamed El-Erian, former head of PIMCO's bond funds, now president of Queen's College at Cambridge University. I think when it comes to economics he is pure dead brilliant! He's been saying that inflation will NOT be transitory for months, and the data coming in seems to support his arguments. It looks like we're in for a few tough years. Hopefully this opinion article from the NY Times is correct: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/08/opin ... ation.html
But here’s the truly frightening thought for frustrated Democrats: This might be the high-water mark of power they’ll have for the next decade.

Democrats are on the precipice of an era without any hope of a governing majority.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. — Rudyard Kipling
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Life Member

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Hmmm, it's almost like paying people not to work decreased the number of people working, while simultaneously giving them enough income to buy things. So less stuff was produced and the same (or more) was demanded....

But CNN's assuring me that has nothing to do with the shortage of goods, so that can't be it.

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 am Hmmm, it's almost like paying people not to work decreased the number of people working, while simultaneously giving them enough income to buy things. So less stuff was produced and the same (or more) was demanded....

But CNN's assuring me that has nothing to do with the shortage of goods, so that can't be it.
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Classic!!
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:58 am Hmmm, it's almost like paying people not to work decreased the number of people working, while simultaneously giving them enough income to buy things. So less stuff was produced and the same (or more) was demanded....

:thumbs2: :thumbs2:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Return to “Off-Topic”