Death by Overdose

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 2

Death by Overdose

Post by Beiruty »

Anti-guns folks beat the drums for the war against our 2ndA rights and the right to bear arms.
I never heard any of those Anti-guns folks concerned about the 100,000 persons who died each year by drug overdoes.
Where is the outrage?
Where is "even saving one life does matter"
100,000 per year that is almost 1 death each 5 min!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

tomneal

Re: Death by Overdose

Post by tomneal »

Greg Gutfeld of Fox News has said a lot of those overdoses were actually Fentanyl poisoning. Apparently drug dealers are adding Fentanyl to drugs to make them more powerful. The Fentanyl comes from China via Mexico.

So...
China is killing Americans with both Covid and Fentanyl.
No bombs. No gunshots. But it seems like war to me.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Beiruty wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:40 pm Anti-guns folks beat the drums for the war against our 2ndA rights and the right to bear arms.
I never heard any of those Anti-guns folks concerned about the 100,000 persons who died each year by drug overdoes.
Where is the outrage?
Sadly it doesnt meet their agenda
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

RPBrown wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:03 pm
Beiruty wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:40 pm Anti-guns folks beat the drums for the war against our 2ndA rights and the right to bear arms.
Where is the outrage?
Sadly it doesnt meet their agenda
you nailed it.
remember a few years back the gov was dropping big money to stop the fentynal ...congress had a hissy fit. that tells all right there
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

philip964
Posts in topic: 6

Post by philip964 »

Drug overdoes today I understand, happen more innocently than you might imagine.

Mexico makes fake prescription drugs, oxycotten, valium, who knows what else. At a party some kid goes, hey want this pill, the kid names the prescription pill, the other kid is stressed about a test, knows his mom takes it and pops a single pill. He or she then dies because it has a very tiny amount of fentanyl in it.

It only takes a very very tiny amount to be fatal. Mexico illegal drugs don't have really good quality control as you might imagine. They don't have compounding pharmacists making this stuff. The fake pills look just like the ones mom has. And just like that a young life is lost. Not a drug abuser, but a kid who made one mistake.

With the open border, this stuff is flooding across.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

64% of overdose deaths are due to Fentanyl

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/nationa ... ar-are-due
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When I was riding an Ambulance I had 2 10ml vials of Morphine and 3 3ml vials of Fentanyl, we were told to be careful with the Fentanyl
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Father who lost daughter to fentanyl poisoning sends message to Biden: 'Mr. President, where are you?’

https://www.foxnews.com/media/father-da ... ug-cartels

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

It's seems no one gave a flip when crack was an issue. People only gave a flip when it affect white kids. If a person chooses too use drugs it's not a government issue it's a person issue. DON'T USE DRUGS!!!

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

It is my understanding that Texas (DFW) has the highest sex trafficking and the highest fentanyl drying farms. Drying farms is the same as it used to be with heroine. They bring it over in a paste, then dry the fentanyl into a powder, press pills mixed with opioids and then distribute it throughout the US.

It all stems from the border. The 2nd Amendment should be the least of the liberals concerns. Fentanyl is the number one death between the ages of 18-45.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Deitz83 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:23 pm It's seems no one gave a flip when crack was an issue. People only gave a flip when it affect white kids. If a person chooses too use drugs it's not a government issue it's a person issue. DON'T USE DRUGS!!!
Crack is an illegal drug.

Xanax, Percocet, Valium, Oxycontin, etc. are prescription drugs found in many home medicine cabinets. The Mexican cartels now make counterfeits of these drugs. You cannot tell them apart until after they kill you. Kids unfortunately don't understand the danger of a counterfeit drug a friend gives them at a party.

100,000 white kids are dying every year and no one is currently caring. I assume black and brown kids are dying as well.

And yes everything has a racial component. It is why Crack had stiffer penalties than Cocaine, Crack was more popular in African American neighborhoods so the penalties were made stiffer.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:15 pm
Deitz83 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:23 pm It's seems no one gave a flip when crack was an issue. People only gave a flip when it affect white kids. If a person chooses too use drugs it's not a government issue it's a person issue. DON'T USE DRUGS!!!

Xanax, Percocet, Valium, Oxycontin, etc. are prescription drugs found in many home medicine cabinets. The Mexican cartels now make counterfeits of these drugs. You cannot tell them apart until after they kill you. Kids unfortunately don't understand the danger of a counterfeit drug a friend gives them at a party.

100,000 white kids are dying every year and no one is currently caring. I assume black and brown kids are dying as well.

And yes everything has a racial component. It is why Crack had stimore dangerous drug than cocainffer penalties than Cocaine, Crack was more popular in African American neighborhoods so the penalties were made stiffer.
I disagree on the racial component issue. The reason crack was given stiffer penalties is that it was seen as a more dangerous drug than regular cocaine when it first became a known drug. It actually is more addictive than cocaine, even though it is made from cocaine. Heroin is more dangerous than marijuana. It holds stiffer penalties than marijuana. It had nothing to do with it being a good excuse to throw blacks in jail.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

So you are saying that doctors are are prescribing these drugs and they are the blame for the overdoses? Interesting.... I was under the impression that the overdoses were due to illegal purchaes. The states and federal government filed lawsuitesagainst large business for the opioid epidemic and won. There were a number of states and federal intervention on this issue. Millions of dollars were paid to states for opioids. If I am correct there was goverment funding of a war in south America that pushed cocaine and crack into poor black neighborhoods. It back fired and the states and federal government did was mass incurrcated people of color..instead of treading it as a mental health issue like they did with opioids. I can list a historical time line of how the U.S has treated minorities vs how now the conversion is save the affluent.

And yes everything has a racial component. It is why Crack had stiffer penalties than Cocaine, Crack was more popular in African American neighborhoods so the penalties were made stiffer.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Deitz83 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:42 pm

So you are saying that doctors are are prescribing these drugs and they are the blame for the overdoses? Interesting.... I was under the impression that the overdoses were due to illegal purchaes. The states and federal government filed lawsuitesagainst large business for the opioid epidemic and won. There were a number of states and federal intervention on this issue. Millions of dollars were paid to states for opioids. If I am correct there was goverment funding of a war in south America that pushed cocaine and crack into poor black neighborhoods. It back fired and the states and federal government did was mass incurrcated people of color..instead of treading it as a mental health issue like they did with opioids. I can list a historical time line of how the U.S has treated minorities vs how now the conversion is save the affluent.

I disagree on the racial component issue. The reason crack was given stiffer penalties is that it was seen as a more dangerous drug than regular cocaine when it first became a known drug. It actually is more addictive than cocaine, even though it is made from cocaine. Heroin is more dangerous than marijuana. It holds stiffer penalties than marijuana. It had nothing to do with it being a good excuse to throw blacks in jail.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fentanyl-mor ... ia-parents

Fentanyl now being found in vape pens.

Return to “Off-Topic”