MLK crosswalks in Dallas

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 4

MLK crosswalks in Dallas

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Noticed tonight on the news that Dallas city officials approved crosswalks that are painted "all black lives matter". Does the city think that they're the only ones that matter. Maybe that's all they want in this city. That to me indicates that the city of Dallas is siding with BLM and they don't care about anyone else. I, myself take that as the city of Dallas taking sides. It seems to me that that's prejudice to all the other races living in Dallas County. I don't see them painting crosswalks for the Mexican, Oriental, White, Italian, South American, etc...as we all know and feel is that ALL LIVES MATTER. The city seems to be siding with the BLM because they'll protest and burn Dallas to the ground. The only way to get past these problems is to stop playing favorites and treat everyone the same. PAINTING BLACK LIVES MATTER on the crosswalks where every race walks may make all other races feel the prejudices portrayed by Dallas doesn't care for them. I feel the same. I wanna paint ALL LIVES MATTER across my driveway and see how that goes. I will and can take care of myself. I wanna know what everyone else thinks about this or if you don't care at all. Am I over reacting by venting this? 😎
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MLK crosswalks in Dallas

Post by philip964 »

I wish we cared more about the innocent Caucasian and Asian women who have been butchered and slaughtered in the last two days in NY, Houston and LA than the George Floyd’s of this world.

Yesterday in an article about the healing of Jill Xiden the press referred to the Wisconsin Parade Crash.

Is that what you expect me to remember it as?

I will vote in November. I hope everyone does.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I agree completely OP.
The city of Dallas unanimously approved the crosswalk project last month
I will be voting against every incumbent.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

If you say, “ all lives matter” you are a racist. If you don’t “say anything” then you are part of the problem. If you put on a “badge and gun” you are “racist pig”. If I “stand for the flag” I have to apologize for it.

If I march with BLM and burn things down it is a peaceful protest. However if I attend a Trump rally I am causing a riot.

If America doesn’t turn around NOW it will not turn around. II Chronicles 7:14

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:45 pm If you say, “ all lives matter” you are a racist. If you don’t “say anything” then you are part of the problem. If you put on a “badge and gun” you are “racist pig”. If I “stand for the flag” I have to apologize for it.

If I march with BLM and burn things down it is a peaceful protest. However if I attend a Trump rally I am causing a riot.

If America doesn’t turn around NOW it will not turn around. II Chronicles 7:14
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

The city of Dallas also approved to a TEN YEAR UPKEEP of the painting of this ground sign.(crosswalk). Next thing we will be told is to not walk on it because we're defacing city property.🤒😎

Topic author
Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

The city of Dallas also approved to a TEN YEAR UPKEEP of the painting of this ground sign.(crosswalk). Next thing we will be told is to not walk on it because we're defacing city property... :rules:

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

I’m so glad that I don’t have any reason to go downtown. Pretty much anything and everything I need is right around me.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

They should add the words...Except to other blacks. Considering black on black murders are by far the number one reason for black deaths in our society. They kill each other over how they look at one another.

Topic author
Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

"Preach it brotha"😇

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:45 pm If you don’t “say anything” then you are part of the problem.
I agree with all you said, and am irked most by the above. Reminds me of this exchange from A Man For All Seasons. The issue was Sir Thomas More not affirming the King's marriage anulment. The Duke of Norfolk was the King's lackey.

Sir Thomas More : I will not take the oath. I will not tell you why I will not.

The Duke of Norfolk : Then your reasons must be treasonable!

Sir Thomas More : Not "must be," may be.

The Duke of Norfolk : Oh, it's a fair assumption!

Sir Thomas More : The law requires more than an assumption, the law requires a fact.

IANAL or an English major, but I think More was correct. But it didn't save him from beheading.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “Off-Topic”