What's happening to our kids

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

What's happening to our kids

Post by Ruark »

While us older folks are focused on broader issues like the economy, the border, etc. many of our kids are being quietly devoured by the woke left machine. If you can watch this without getting red in the face, something is wrong with you.

-Ruark

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What's happening to our kids

Post by chasfm11 »

The worst part of this for me is why these things are succeeding. It isn't Democrats - it is go-along supposedly Republicans and Conservatives.

1. I'm in a discussion over CRT in MY school district with a supposedly Conservative, Christian school board member. I asked him questions about the Panorama software that is used to data mine children and isolate them if they provide the "wrong" answers. He assures me that the district is not using the software in the way that the manufacturer of it recommends or the way that manufacture website example districts are. He has yet to set up, however, the demonstration of how that software is being used.
2. I listened to the husband of one of the Conservative House members running for re-election tout how she had advanced issues for our kids - when she was the one who buried the gender mutilation bill and wouldn't let it out of committee.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

chasfm11 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:10 am The worst part of this for me is why these things are succeeding. It isn't Democrats - it is go-along supposedly Republicans and Conservatives.

1. I'm in a discussion over CRT in MY school district with a supposedly Conservative, Christian school board member. I asked him questions about the Panorama software that is used to data mine children and isolate them if they provide the "wrong" answers. He assures me that the district is not using the software in the way that the manufacturer of it recommends or the way that manufacture website example districts are. He has yet to set up, however, the demonstration of how that software is being used.
2. I listened to the husband of one of the Conservative House members running for re-election tout how she had advanced issues for our kids - when she was the one who buried the gender mutilation bill and wouldn't let it out of committee.
If they do that stuff, then they are NOT conservatives, and they need to be primaried out of those jobs.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Good parenting is the best inoculation against all the left wing nonsense.

My kids are 23 and 20 and they both laugh at the garbage from the left.

My eldest had to bite her tongue a lot to get through college and she has few remaining friends from school because almost all went woke. 3 years her Jr, my son and all of his friends think my daughters age group and the several years above, are morons. His current college experience seems to be much less forced-woke than my daughter. Some, but not as bad.

I'm hopeful that when the current crop of HS and early college students reach the workforce, they'll displace all the Karens and Kens that feel the need to be woke all the time instead of working.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

cirus

Post by cirus »

RoyGBiv wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:56 pm Good parenting is the best inoculation against all the left wing nonsense.

My kids are 23 and 20 and they both laugh at the garbage from the left.

My eldest had to bite her tongue a lot to get through college and she has few remaining friends from school because almost all went woke. 3 years her Jr, my son and all of his friends think my daughters age group and the several years above, are morons. His current college experience seems to be much less forced-woke than my daughter. Some, but not as bad.

I'm hopeful that when the current crop of HS and early college students reach the workforce, they'll displace all the Karens and Kens that feel the need to be woke all the time instead of working.
:iagree:
This is the key. Get off your phone, Facebook whatever and pay attention your kids. Be a parent and quit trying to be their friend.

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

If you watch that video above, it pertains to very young kids, not your 23 year olds. Yesterday Tucker Carlson was talking about a prekindergarten class that was having a "BLM week" and teaching the whole CRT thing and the need to abandon the nuclear family concept. One school had a project where 6th graders signed a contract agreeing not to have any children until global warming was reversed. I mean, what the heck???

Those of you who have grade school or middle school kids who are conservative and disgusted with liberal leftism ideology can be proud of them; you have some real jewels there.
-Ruark

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Home school if at all possible, my children home school my grandchildren, my daughter along with like minded friends take turns holding class!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

Homeschooling is great, I homeschooled my children ( my children call it "home lurned") and my grandchildren are homeschooled. But what needs to be done to protect those who are not? This needs to come to an end.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

An interesting 12-minute video that seems to objectively talk about how we got to where we are. It colors not just the educational system and critical race theory, but what's been happening with the progressive left, BLM, etc. It's worth watching all the way through.

Last edited by Rafe on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

allisji

Post by allisji »

I have my kids in a traditional christian school. They are in 1st and 3rd grade. Unfortunately not everyone can be in private school, and not everyone can home school either.

However, Roygbiv is right, regardless of Christian school or homeschool or whatever, the only way to combat the woke messaging from society is good parenting. You can't shield your kids from all of the current culture all of the time.

Ultimately, to answer Jnazee's question in order to defeat the leftist, marxist incursion in our schools and societies we will all have to engage in the culture war. We have to vote, we have lead, we need to rally everyone we know to get on board. Some of us will have to speak out to our elected officials and some will have to run for elected offices.

Virginia is a good example that it is possible, but even then you can't count on winning one election to turn the tide, when even with Trump in the WH, and republicans in control of both houses of congress we didn't make much progress in the culture. We will have to be patient and persistent and never quit, if we don't we have no way to turn this Titanic around, and we're going to hit that iceberg.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “Off-Topic”