War with Russia- John Kerry goes on offense.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Re: War with Russia

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Paladin wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:10 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:35 pm Complications of the Ukraine War
https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/complica ... e=hs_email
According to what we hear from the White House and from the television networks, the issues at stake in the Ukraine War are simple. They concern the evil of Vladimir Putin, who woke up one morning and chose, whether out of sadism or insanity, to wreak unspeakable violence on his neighbors. Putin’s actions are described as an “unprovoked invasion” of a noble democracy by a corrupt autocracy. How we ought to respond is assumed to be a no-brainer. The United States has pledged vast quantities of its deadliest weaponry, along with aid that is likely to run into the hundreds of billions of dollars, and has brought large parts of the world economy—particularly in Europe—to a standstill.

Now, whenever people in power tell you something is a no-brainer, there’s a good chance that it’s a brainer. And the Ukraine War is more complicated than we’ve been led to assume.
Thanks for posting this!
Yeah, I’m on the Imprimis mailing list, and I read every issue. I consider it a must-read. I saw an excellent analysis video about who might have blown up the pipeline on YouTube the other day, but I can’t seem to find it now…and I think YouTube might have removed it. I believe it was posted by the Caspian Report channel, whom I find to be a pretty good source of thoughtful and neutral analysis on international stories.

Edited to add:

I found the video. It’s from the Not "What You Think" YouTube channel:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

cherokeepilot
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cherokeepilot »

Biden is defending Ukraine to the last Ukrainian...
73s
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.

mayor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mayor »

cherokeepilot wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:38 pm Biden is defending Ukraine to the last Ukrainian...
Stolen!

Paladin
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Paladin »

Whoever blew up the pipelines missed one: Gazprom: gas supply could resume on single line
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Grayling813 »

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 74

Post by philip964 »

'Putin's chef' defends brutal sledgehammer execution of 'traitor'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... raine.html

Russia releasing murderers from prison to fight.

This one switched sides and was later caught and executed.

Video is out there somewhere. Taped head to wall.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 74

Post by philip964 »

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 6

Post by BigGuy »

I just love the way the Rooskies can make a bone head move like this, deny it while standing amid the smoking wreckage, then call the accusation a provocation.

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

NATO and polland...will jumping joe now escalate and cause us to be in a precarious spot
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein
Posts in topic: 4

Post by srothstein »

I saw the article about Poland being attacked while at work and told my co-worker we were now at war. I showed her the article and she said that Putin was trying to start WW III. I corrected her and said he just did and explained the concept of the NATO treaty and our obligations under it.

And I appear to have severely misjudged Biden's cowardice (or his handlers/decision makers). I found this evening that Biden is saying that Russia did not attack Poland and that they did not fire the missiles. Let me see if I can understand his logic. We have multiple missiles that are of Russian manufacture (no one disputes this). The missiles were fired from somewhere and landed in Poland, killing two people (again this is not disputed). We have only two countries in Europe (Russia and Ukraine) currently firing missiles at each other (with a possible third - Belarus assisting Russia). Russia has previously threatened retaliation against countries that aided Ukraine or hindered Russia in its efforts. Poland borders Belarus and Ukraine and has allowed many Ukrainian refugees to take shelter within its borders. I am not sure if Poland has allowed any of the Russian citizens that fled their homeland instead of being drafted to also take shelter there.

But we have no evidence that Russia fired those missiles, nope no evidence and no reason to think they did. Right, Joe, we believe you.
Steve Rothstein

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

But, alas, the warmongers were wrong again. The missile, of Russian manufacturer, was fired by Ukraine. When will people learn not to blindly believe what they are being fed by mainstream propaganda outlets?

extremist

Post by extremist »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:48 am But, alas, the warmongers were wrong again. The missile, of Russian manufacturer, was fired by Ukraine. When will people learn not to blindly believe what they are being fed by mainstream propaganda outlets?
Exactly.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Mel

Post by Mel »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 am Image
Not My Fault! I was assured the missile was a dud!
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Paladin »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:40 am Image
:smilelol5:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”