My opinion - an obvious scam allowed by Face Book !

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

My opinion - an obvious scam allowed by Face Book !

Post by puma guy »

I've saw this ad on FB - this one purports to be a vendor from California. I've seen the same hype from sellers as far away a Germany with the same spiel. Leupold scopes like the one in the link 93 bucks!
https://www.aliezahron.com/Leupold-VX-5 ... 70832.html

Here's the link from FB to the vendor.

https://www.aliezahron.com/?utm_source= ... EDK58fbbYk

In the event they ship a scope it will probably be a Chinese knockoff.
Facebook will shutdown any opinion they disagree with but will allow what I consider fake scammers to advertise and appeal to millions. I had a friend who bought a 10" DeWalt Table Saw for $69 free shipping. Of course it never came and he was out the money and FB offered no recourse or help to track down the seller.
Stay away, far,far away!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

mayor

Re: My opinion - an obvious scam allowed by Face Book !

Post by mayor »

puma guy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:16 pm I've saw this ad on FB - this one purports to be a vendor from California. I've seen the same hype from sellers as far away a Germany with the same spiel. Leupold scopes like the one in the link 93 bucks!
https://www.aliezahron.com/Leupold-VX-5 ... 70832.html

Here's the link from FB to the vendor.

https://www.aliezahron.com/?utm_source= ... EDK58fbbYk

In the event they ship a scope it will probably be a Chinese knockoff.
Facebook will shutdown any opinion they disagree with but will allow what I consider fake scammers to advertise and appeal to millions. I had a friend who bought a 10" DeWalt Table Saw for $69 free shipping. Of course it never came and he was out the money and FB offered no recourse or help to track down the seller.
Stay away, far,far away!
I ordered the $99 DeWalt tool set. It includes 32 DeWalt tools! :lol:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I trust none of the FB ads. I don't even click the links anymore. Scammers have taken to regularly posting ads for rediculous offers that you are never going to receive.

flechero

Post by flechero »

puma guy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:16 pm ...this one purports to be a vendor from California...
May be a legit deal on a "boxcar special" :lol:

dlh

Post by dlh »

I would never EVER buy anything off of Facebook. Buyer beware!
At least Amazon stands behind their products.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Probably about half the ads I see on facebook now are scams.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Thanks for the warning.

eBay offers refund if your scammed.

I saw an auction ending in 2 minutes, an original Japanese Katana. Bid was still at .99 cent starting point. $100 shipping from Hong Kong.

I quickly bid the 99 cents with 20 seconds to spare. I won. Sent the payment. Breathlessly waited for my World War 2 antique Katana.

Never arrived.

Looked at EBay guaranteed refund fine print. No refund on shipping. Only refund on item price.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Yeah, my wife learned the hard way. Ordered shoes, 3 pair of same in different colors, at a great price. Great reviews. Took forever to get here. They looked like $ store rejects. Fought for weeks for a refund, ended up getting half.

All her negative reviews were deleted.

Some ads do lead to legitimate stores but it's a minority.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

bobby

Post by bobby »

fyi Domain Registration 2022-01-17 | 13 days ago
:txflag:

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

philip964 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:18 pm Thanks for the warning.

eBay offers refund if your scammed.

I saw an auction ending in 2 minutes, an original Japanese Katana. Bid was still at .99 cent starting point. $100 shipping from Hong Kong.

I quickly bid the 99 cents with 20 seconds to spare. I won. Sent the payment. Breathlessly waited for my World War 2 antique Katana.

Never arrived.

Looked at EBay guaranteed refund fine print. No refund on shipping. Only refund on item price.
I buy quite a lot of stuff through ebay, used and new. Overall I have been pretty happy. However, I do NOT buy anything where the shipping costs more than the item price, or even a large fraction of the item price.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I hide all the ads I see on FB. I'd never buy anything from their advertisers.
Charlie

AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:46 am However, I do NOT buy anything where the shipping costs more than the item price, or even a large fraction of the item price.
Great tip.

As for me, I ordered some lobster via a FB ad - the price was good, but not so good as to make me suspicious (regardless, I did check and they had a long-standing domain-name and payment was via Paypal) so I pulled the trigger.

Of course, 3 days later and still no tracking details so I emailed them - heard nothing back and a day later disputed it with PayPal.

These guys fed Paypal a line (from a 163.com email-address ie. Chinese), showing them a UPS tracking-number as having been delivered to Garland - hmmm. I phoned UPS and they confirmed that the tracking-number had nothing to do with my name or address, and the sender was Amazon - double hmm.

I then phoned Amazon and they confirmed, in writing, that the item/tracking-number had nothing to do with me (makes one wonder how these guys got that tracking number; I have some ideas) - so I sent all the evidence I'd gathered to Paypal who refunded me promptly.

Still, 2 days later that same ad was still on FB and it's dismaying that the big guys such as eBay, Amazon, FB, etc really don't care enough to weed out bad sellers (money talks, I guess) - my impression is that most of the big scammers are from China. Anyway, I'm done buying anything from ads any more - I've even seen ads claiming to be Guitar Center but the link ultimately goes elsewhere.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

AndyC1911 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:04 am
K.Mooneyham wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:46 am However, I do NOT buy anything where the shipping costs more than the item price, or even a large fraction of the item price.
Great tip.

As for me, I ordered some lobster via a FB ad - the price was good, but not so good as to make me suspicious (regardless, I did check and they had a long-standing domain-name and payment was via Paypal) so I pulled the trigger.

Of course, 3 days later and still no tracking details so I emailed them - heard nothing back and a day later disputed it with PayPal.

These guys fed Paypal a line (from a 163.com email-address ie. Chinese), showing them a UPS tracking-number as having been delivered to Garland - hmmm. I phoned UPS and they confirmed that the tracking-number had nothing to do with my name or address, and the sender was Amazon - double hmm.

I then phoned Amazon and they confirmed, in writing, that the item/tracking-number had nothing to do with me (makes one wonder how these guys got that tracking number; I have some ideas) - so I sent all the evidence I'd gathered to Paypal who refunded me promptly.

Still, 2 days later that same ad was still on FB and it's dismaying that the big guys such as eBay, Amazon, FB, etc really don't care enough to weed out bad sellers (money talks, I guess) - my impression is that most of the big scammers are from China. Anyway, I'm done buying anything from ads any more - I've even seen ads claiming to be Guitar Center but the link ultimately goes elsewhere.
I fell for the same scam only I bought the King Crab. Almost the exact sequence of events except that after a couple weeks the people who I bought from sent me an email saying the item had run out of stock and they would issue refund. Never issued refund. Sent email to Pay Pal. Never a refund from Pay Pal and they quit replying to my inquiries. Learned my lesson. Never again. The same scammer group is still posting FB ads to this day for Crab and Lobster. They even have one version of an ad that shows a Costco emblem in their profile picture. I report them every time I see the ads but FB does not care one bit. Never got my money back.

bobby

Post by bobby »

Yeah all this is why my Wife’s Facebook store is a bit of a joke. It is just now starting to get sales. Not as much traffic as we thought.
:txflag:

Return to “Off-Topic”