School Shooting in Kansas

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

School Shooting in Kansas

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

allisji
Posts in topic: 2

Re: School Shooting in Kansas

Post by allisji »

sounds like another case of a bad guy with a gun being stopped by a good guy with a gun.

If the report is correct then the school resource officer is a true hero. :clapping:
a school resource officer and a male school administrator were shot and injured
The 18-year-old male student suspect was shot and injured and is in custody and there is not active threat.
the SRO office is the one that called in the shooting and disarmed the suspect
The officer and administrator are in stable condition and expected to survive
they have not received reports of any students injured other than the suspect
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

allisji wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:15 pm sounds like another case of a bad guy with a gun being stopped by a good guy with a gun.

If the report is correct then the school resource officer is a true hero. :clapping:
a school resource officer and a male school administrator were shot and injured
The 18-year-old male student suspect was shot and injured and is in custody and there is not active threat.
the SRO office is the one that called in the shooting and disarmed the suspect
The officer and administrator are in stable condition and expected to survive
they have not received reports of any students injured other than the suspect
:iagree:
If not for the armed SRO, who knows how many others would have been shot.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

My cousins son graduated from Highschool at this school last year. My cousin personally knows the SRO that saved lives. She said they are all pretty shook up. Maybe every school claims this but it is not the kind of school where they would expect trouble like this. It is in what would be considered a "good area". They still haven't said what or why the student decided to bring a gun to school and start shooting.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Olathe North would have been my high school if we’d stayed in Kansas two more years. I had a couple friends that moved to East after we moved to upstate NY. Back then East was a nice school. North was starting to get rough. In the 70’s
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

C-dub wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:39 pm Olathe North would have been my high school if we’d stayed in Kansas two more years. I had a couple friends that moved to East after we moved to upstate NY. Back then East was a nice school. North was starting to get rough. In the 70’s
Both of my cousins kids graduated from Olathe East. One last year and the other the year before that. They were all back in school today. I still have not heard the reason for the whole thing.

allisji

Post by allisji »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:29 am I still have not heard the reason for the whole thing.
I sat down with best investigators in the democrat party and developed an extensive root cause analysis. We used the Why Tree method as well as other quantitative methods. The conclusion of the panel is that the root cause was...

gun violence obviously :totap:
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

allisji wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:41 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:29 am I still have not heard the reason for the whole thing.
I sat down with best investigators in the democrat party and developed an extensive root cause analysis. We used the Why Tree method as well as other quantitative methods. The conclusion of the panel is that the root cause was...

gun violence obviously :totap:
The shooting did not even make the national news. I guess "school resource officer stops shooter" doesn't fit the narrative.

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -killed-1/

Iowa drive by at a High School, kills one injures two. 6 teens arrested. Kansas is catty corner from Iowa.

And yes no mention of a good guy with a gun saving the day. Or why the Kansas school shooting happened.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

philip964 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:17 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -killed-1/

Iowa drive by at a High School, kills one injures two. 6 teens arrested. Kansas is catty corner from Iowa.

And yes no mention of a good guy with a gun saving the day. Or why the Kansas school shooting happened.
I just got the story from my cousin. Here is a copy/paste from her message to me about it.
This was the school I worked at until this year. This kid was a sr... qb on the fball team. The asst principal had been riding his butt and he aparently was at his limit. He has a juvie record... aggravated burglary. Just got off probation for that in June. My friend... Erik, the sro shot the kid 2x in the gut. He is still in the hospital... but they charged him with attempted capital murder of both the asst principal and SRO.
I guess nobody died makes it a non-story. Wow!

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:35 pm
philip964 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:17 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -killed-1/

I just got the story from my cousin. Here is a copy/paste from her message to me about it.
This was the school I worked at until this year. This kid was a sr... qb on the fball team. The asst principal had been riding his butt and he aparently was at his limit. He has a juvie record... aggravated burglary. Just got off probation for that in June. My friend... Erik, the sro shot the kid 2x in the gut. He is still in the hospital... but they charged him with attempted capital murder of both the asst principal and SRO.
I guess nobody died makes it a non-story. Wow!
My cousin messaged me this a few minutes ago.
I have more info on the kid... he was homeless. The district was feeding him... he rode the bus, and had a grant tonpay for his football stuff.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:29 am
C-dub wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:39 pm Olathe North would have been my high school if we’d stayed in Kansas two more years. I had a couple friends that moved to East after we moved to upstate NY. Back then East was a nice school. North was starting to get rough. In the 70’s
Both of my cousins kids graduated from Olathe East. One last year and the other the year before that. They were all back in school today. I still have not heard the reason for the whole thing.
I got curious and looked up when East was built. Oops!
It wasn’t built until 1992. I just figured my friends went there since that area is where they moved. They were a couple years behind me and I moved away in ‘79. Maybe they still went to North, which was only 5-6 blocks from where we lived before our two families moved away.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”