Gov Abbott

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gov Abbott

Post by OneGun »

Maybe Governor Abbott should bus these people to Delaware in his neighborhood?

I agree the number of people being bused is small, but then I wonder how Biden's residential neighbors in DE would feel if a bus/day dropped off 25 people on the corner and then left. How long will Biden's supporters continue to accept these people? After 30 days, that's more than 750 people dumped on Biden's neighbors. After the first few buses, no big deal. After a month of daily buses, the problem gets more complicated. After six months, that is several thousand people dropped off at Biden's home residence in DE.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

LDB415
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LDB415 »

Need to share equally with Pelosi, Schumer, AOC and a few others too.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Paladin »

LDB415 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:16 pm Need to share equally with Pelosi, Schumer, AOC and a few others too.
Sounds like a plan.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

wil
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wil »

OneGun wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:11 pm Maybe Governor Abbott should bus these people to Delaware in his neighborhood?

I agree the number of people being bused is small, but then I wonder how Biden's residential neighbors in DE would feel if a bus/day dropped off 25 people on the corner and then left. How long will Biden's supporters continue to accept these people? After 30 days, that's more than 750 people dumped on Biden's neighbors. After the first few buses, no big deal. After a month of daily buses, the problem gets more complicated. After six months, that is several thousand people dropped off at Biden's home residence in DE.
^^ this being my point. Drop them off in front of their homes, in front of the white house, etc. Then remind everyone of these hypocrites words about 'compassion for these people' and so forth.

Make them walk like they talk in front of everyone. We know they won't, let everyone see it.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

All of this busing business is more symbolic then anything else. Numerically speaking, the number of illegals chauffeured across US to DC is literal drop in a bucket at best.
To add, I’ve heard these illegals being interviewed and it looks like they are volunteering to go onto those buses to DC, many because they final destination they wish to be is NY or some other Northeastern State and they lack money and resources to get there. This just brings them a bit closer to their final destination. Don’t think for one second that they will be held or “settled” in DC by in large.
So…unfortunately it is a “make-you-feel-good” symbolic move, still at the tax payers expense.
Are the provisions to provide and/or fund travel going to be also made available to US citizens who want to travel to see their relatives etc but have no funds? I think not.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

parabelum wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:21 am All of this busing business is more symbolic then anything else. Numerically speaking, the number of illegals chauffeured across US to DC is literal drop in a bucket at best.
To add, I’ve heard these illegals being interviewed and it looks like they are volunteering to go onto those buses to DC, many because they final destination they wish to be is NY or some other Northeastern State and they lack money and resources to get there. This just brings them a bit closer to their final destination. Don’t think for one second that they will be held or “settled” in DC by in large.
So…unfortunately it is a “make-you-feel-good” symbolic move, still at the tax payers expense.
Are the provisions to provide and/or fund travel going to be also made available to US citizens who want to travel to see their relatives etc but have no funds? I think not.
While it definitely started as a political stunt, it has had some other effects that are not widely covered. After the first bus load was transported, Fox News had a story on how the small border towns were no longer getting busloads dropped off there by the feds. That counts too, IMO.
Steve Rothstein

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Yep, it is ok’ish. But seeing 80+ bus convoy per day would make me feel a little better for sure.

philip964
Posts in topic: 5

Post by philip964 »

DC Mayor Bowser asks for National Guard help with migrant buses from southern border: 'Humanitarian crisis'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dc-may ... ian-crisis

Says they are being tricked into getting on buses to her sanctuary city.

I would say this is a victory for Governor Abbott.

Not sure it changes anything but it’s a victory.

BigGuy

Post by BigGuy »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:00 pm DC Mayor Bowser asks for National Guard help with migrant buses from southern border: 'Humanitarian crisis'

So, the problem is not that we have millions of illegal immigrants pouring into the country, it's that they are showing up in "her" city?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:00 pm DC Mayor Bowser asks for National Guard help with migrant buses from southern border: 'Humanitarian crisis'

Classic!! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Last time I was on a Grayhound, it seated about 70.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

Well, was just on Gov. Abbott's conference call town hall (focus on border security) that started a little after 6:30. Got disconnected, and can't seem to dial back in; get a quick-busy signal. If I had a tinfoil hat nearby, I might think that... Oh, never mind.
:biggrinjester:

But I was looking forward to the Q&A. Will try again in a few minutes. If you want to give it a go, the number is 877-299-5487.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by powerboatr »

so now mayor adams of new york is planning a bus trip to texas to campaign against abbot sending buses of "people" to new york

i say bring it,
he is so upset because new york is having to feel a very small bit of the crap other states are having to absorb.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

I wish I'd made better note of who the guest was, but yesterday afternoon on Fox they had on a (don't trust me on this; I'm going entirely from memory) a former president of the National Border Patrol Council talking about the NY bussing business. He was steamed. This is probably a terrible paraphrasing of what he said (I'll the actual video clip if I ever find it; couldn't locate it just now):
A bad paraphrase from memory of yesterday's interview wrote: The New York and DC mayors don't understand how it works. We, the CPB, take illegal crossings into custody. They fill out paperwork about who they are, where they were born, where they're coming from, and where in the United States they're going to. Under current federal directives, after we process them they're turned over to one of the NGOs involved, and those NGOs work with them from there. At that point, they are not detained and are free to go anywhere they want.

You'd think from the rhetoric in New York and DC that Governor Abbott is pointing to random people and ordering them onto a bus. That isn't what's happening at all. Abbott is using Texas state funding to pay for bus trips, but it's the NGOs who are working with the immigrants, seeing who has written "New York" or Washington DC" on their intake forms as being their final U.S. destination, and then asking who among those would like to take the free bus trip. They're finding our who wants to go there. Almost none of them have the means to get there on their own. Look at the videos. Do any of those people look like they were forced on a bus? You see them disembarking in New York smiles all around because that's where they wanted to go when they paid the coyotes, and Texas has paid for them to make that 1,950-mile journey on a nice, safe, comfortable, air-conditioned bus.

New York is the biggest city in the country. It has thousands of recent immigrants. A good number of the people crossing the Rio Grande have family in and around New York. That's one reason so many want to go there. And besides, New York and DC have proudly proclaimed themselves to be sanctuary cities. Just like Biden's open border policies have been a magnet for illegal crossings, cities that have labeled themselves "sanctuary cities" had better understand that they reap what they sow.

And how hypocritic is it to put up a banner about being a sanctuary city and then start whining and asking for federal aid--even the National Guard in DC--when a few busloads of immigrants arrive? A standard motor coach bus can hold about 55 passengers; the very biggest up to 80 passengers. So far in 2022, we've had more border stops than at any equivalent period since we've been keeping records. We've beat 2021, which is no easy feat. The CBP's fiscal year starts in October, and for 2022 so far we've recorded 1.75 million stops at the southern border. All of 2021 was 1.73 million. We had 239,416 encounters in May and 207,416 in June. Del Rio, Texas, has a population of less than 36,000. Brackettville is less than 2,000; Carizo Springs is about 5,500; Uvalde a little over 16,000. Even San Antonio, the largest major city to the border and the second largest city in Texas, has a population of about 1.4 million. The Greater New York Combined Statistical Area has a population of 23.6 million. And since the start of the pandemic, New York City's population is down more than 4%. A lot of people don't feel safe there anymore and have moved. So there's room to be a sanctuary city and take in people who do want to be there.

Who's better equipped to handle the inflow of illegal immigrants? Tiny border towns with tiny budgets and no housing, or a metropolitan area that's larger than 40 of the 50 states? By my count, as of Sunday a total of five busses of immigrants have arrived in New York from Texas. My thought about what Adams is saying is, "A long overdue welcome to the party, pal. Big self-declared sanctuary cities should be getting the majority of the undocumented influx, but you've been happy to sit back and let small border towns be literally overwhelmed with numbers that--every single month, and not counting the half-million or more 'got aways' we've already had in 2022--are more than five times their entire populations. Every single month!
Now threatening to impact and influence Texas state sovereign elections, Adams has climbed onboard the Beto bus (pun intended):
Mayor Eric Adams of New York on Tuesday wrote:"I already called all of my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their vote, and I am deeply contemplating taking a bus load of New Yorkers to go to Texas and do some good old-fashioned door knocking because, for the good of America, we have to get him out of office."
Just like, throughout the current administration to date, neither Biden nor Harris has even bothered to come to the southern border, maybe we need a "Mayors for Community Service" exchange program and have people like Muriel Bowser and Eric Adams--instead of taking a comfy vacation--come spend a week, just one week, in Del Rio working with the NGOs who handle in the influx...and maybe even spend a day or two riding with Customs and Border Patrol agents.

It's a national crisis, people. It isn't a, "Oh, just ignore it; let Texas and Arizona sort it out" problem.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 9

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:04 am I wish I'd made better note of who the guest was, but yesterday afternoon on Fox they had on a (don't trust me on this; I'm going entirely from memory) a former president of the National Border Patrol Council talking about the NY bussing business. He was steamed. This is probably a terrible paraphrasing of what he said (I'll the actual video clip if I ever find it; couldn't locate it just now):
A bad paraphrase from memory of yesterday's interview wrote: The New York and DC mayors don't understand how it works. We, the CPB, take illegal crossings into custody. They fill out paperwork about who they are, where they were born, where they're coming from, and where in the United States they're going to. Under current federal directives, after we process them they're turned over to one of the NGOs involved, and those NGOs work with them from there. At that point, they are not detained and are free to go anywhere they want.

You'd think from the rhetoric in New York and DC that Governor Abbott is pointing to random people and ordering them onto a bus. That isn't what's happening at all. Abbott is using Texas state funding to pay for bus trips, but it's the NGOs who are working with the immigrants, seeing who has written "New York" or Washington DC" on their intake forms as being their final U.S. destination, and then asking who among those would like to take the free bus trip. They're finding our who wants to go there. Almost none of them have the means to get there on their own. Look at the videos. Do any of those people look like they were forced on a bus? You see them disembarking in New York smiles all around because that's where they wanted to go when they paid the coyotes, and Texas has paid for them to make that 1,950-mile journey on a nice, safe, comfortable, air-conditioned bus.

New York is the biggest city in the country. It has thousands of recent immigrants. A good number of the people crossing the Rio Grande have family in and around New York. That's one reason so many want to go there. And besides, New York and DC have proudly proclaimed themselves to be sanctuary cities. Just like Biden's open border policies have been a magnet for illegal crossings, cities that have labeled themselves "sanctuary cities" had better understand that they reap what they sow.

And how hypocritic is it to put up a banner about being a sanctuary city and then start whining and asking for federal aid--even the National Guard in DC--when a few busloads of immigrants arrive? A standard motor coach bus can hold about 55 passengers; the very biggest up to 80 passengers. So far in 2022, we've had more border stops than at any equivalent period since we've been keeping records. We've beat 2021, which is no easy feat. The CBP's fiscal year starts in October, and for 2022 so far we've recorded 1.75 million stops at the southern border. All of 2021 was 1.73 million. We had 239,416 encounters in May and 207,416 in June. Del Rio, Texas, has a population of less than 36,000. Brackettville is less than 2,000; Carizo Springs is about 5,500; Uvalde a little over 16,000. Even San Antonio, the largest major city to the border and the second largest city in Texas, has a population of about 1.4 million. The Greater New York Combined Statistical Area has a population of 23.6 million. And since the start of the pandemic, New York City's population is down more than 4%. A lot of people don't feel safe there anymore and have moved. So there's room to be a sanctuary city and take in people who do want to be there.

Who's better equipped to handle the inflow of illegal immigrants? Tiny border towns with tiny budgets and no housing, or a metropolitan area that's larger than 40 of the 50 states? By my count, as of Sunday a total of five busses of immigrants have arrived in New York from Texas. My thought about what Adams is saying is, "A long overdue welcome to the party, pal. Big self-declared sanctuary cities should be getting the majority of the undocumented influx, but you've been happy to sit back and let small border towns be literally overwhelmed with numbers that--every single month, and not counting the half-million or more 'got aways' we've already had in 2022--are more than five times their entire populations. Every single month!
Now threatening to impact and influence Texas state sovereign elections, Adams has climbed onboard the Beto bus (pun intended):
Mayor Eric Adams of New York on Tuesday wrote:"I already called all of my friends in Texas and told them how to cast their vote, and I am deeply contemplating taking a bus load of New Yorkers to go to Texas and do some good old-fashioned door knocking because, for the good of America, we have to get him out of office."
Just like, throughout the current administration to date, neither Biden nor Harris has even bothered to come to the southern border, maybe we need a "Mayors for Community Service" exchange program and have people like Muriel Bowser and Eric Adams--instead of taking a comfy vacation--come spend a week, just one week, in Del Rio working with the NGOs who handle in the influx...and maybe even spend a day or two riding with Customs and Border Patrol agents.

It's a national crisis, people. It isn't a, "Oh, just ignore it; let Texas and Arizona sort it out" problem.
fox just had another blurb from mayor adams, then a retort from Abbott Abbott feels like clint eastwood..make my day
adams has friends in texas to vote no for Abbott OMG :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”