Dallas County Needs a DA - WHY?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Dallas County Needs a DA - WHY?

Post by carlson1 »

I don’t have an answer of why. This guy should be facing the death penalty if anyone should. This is a death penalty case if there has ever been one. The Dallas County DA is a coward unless he is prosecuting police officers.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/testi ... 573/?amp=1
The capital murder trial of Yaser Abdel Said, a 65-year-old cab driver from Lewisville accused of murdering his two teenage daughters in a purported "honor killing," began Tuesday in Dallas.
Before she died, Sarah called 911 and told the operator, "Help, my dad shot me! I'm dying, I'm dying!"
Then this… :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
The death penalty is not an option in Yaser Said's case. If convicted of capital murder, he would automatically be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

03Lightningrocks

Re: Dallas County Needs a DA - WHY?

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:26 pm I don’t have an answer of why. This guy should be facing the death penalty if anyone should. This is a death penalty case if there has ever been one. The Dallas County DA is a coward unless he is prosecuting police officers.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/testi ... 573/?amp=1
The capital murder trial of Yaser Abdel Said, a 65-year-old cab driver from Lewisville accused of murdering his two teenage daughters in a purported "honor killing," began Tuesday in Dallas.
Before she died, Sarah called 911 and told the operator, "Help, my dad shot me! I'm dying, I'm dying!"
Then this… :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
The death penalty is not an option in Yaser Said's case. If convicted of capital murder, he would automatically be sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Even if they gave him the death penalty, he would likely still be appealing his case 15-20 years later. Maybe it is just me but I would rather be dead than sitting in a 6x10 cell for the rest of my life.

I just saw a documentary on this case on Amazon Prime. I guess he had not been caught yet because the documentary said he had disappeared.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Well if that is the case why do we have capital punishment? I am 100% behind the death penalty. It is not used enough nor is it used quick enough. There should not be any one who sets on death row for twenty years. I believe every case can be checked and doubled check in less than ten years.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:41 pm Well if that is the case why do we have capital punishment? I am 100% behind the death penalty. It is not used enough nor is it used quick enough. There should not be any one who sets on death row for twenty years. I believe every case can be checked and doubled check in less than ten years.
In the old west it was a few days. I think the issue now days is the fear they might have gotten the wrong guy. But when it is as obvious as a case like this, there is no reason it should even take a year, much less 10 or more.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:07 pm Even if they gave him the death penalty, he would likely still be appealing his case 15-20 years later. Maybe it is just me but I would rather be dead than sitting in a 6x10 cell for the rest of my life.

I just saw a documentary on this case on Amazon Prime. I guess he had not been caught yet because the documentary said he had disappeared.
Agree 100% that I'd rather be dead than rotting in prison for a lifetime. The Death Penalty process is so drawn out so as to make it useless for dissuading would be killers.

This killer was on the FBI most wanted list until he was captured, in 2020.
His son and brother were both also charged with helping to conceal him.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

allisji
Posts in topic: 1

Post by allisji »

there are no words, and there is no defense. How a man could do this to his own daughters... They'd be seeking the death penalty if he were MS13 or if he were identified as associated with a "Militia Violent Extremist" group.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:41 pm Well if that is the case why do we have capital punishment? I am 100% behind the death penalty. It is not used enough nor is it used quick enough. There should not be any one who sets on death row for twenty years. I believe every case can be checked and doubled check in less than ten years.
I agree with the death penalty in concept, but I am very concerned about the administration. My concerns arise from a case in my former home in Naperville, IL. A young girl was murdered. A man called the police about a dream he had. He was arrested, convicted and sentenced to death. There was never any physical evidence that tied him to the crime. His conviction was overturned, retried and sentenced to death multiple times. In his last trial, one retired LEO testified that not all of the evidence was as it has been presented. The judge gave a directed verdict, not-guilty and he was finally released. Since that case, I've read about multiple cases where death row inmates are exonerated based on DNA evidence. The idea of executing an innocent person is not acceptable to me.

I would keep the death penalty, but the standard should not be beyond a reasonable doubt, but "no doubt" in order to apply the death penalty while keeping the "beyond reasonable doubt" standard for conviction. If the state executes a wrongly convicted person, who is held accountable?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

OneGun wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:00 am
I agree with the death penalty in concept, but I am very concerned about the administration. My concerns arise from a case in my former home in Naperville, IL. A young girl was murdered. A man called the police about a dream he had. He was arrested, convicted and sentenced to death. There was never any physical evidence that tied him to the crime. His conviction was overturned, retried and sentenced to death multiple times. In his last trial, one retired LEO testified that not all of the evidence was as it has been presented. The judge gave a directed verdict, not-guilty and he was finally released. Since that case, I've read about multiple cases where death row inmates are exonerated based on DNA evidence. The idea of executing an innocent person is not acceptable to me.

I would keep the death penalty, but the standard should not be beyond a reasonable doubt, but "no doubt" in order to apply the death penalty while keeping the "beyond reasonable doubt" standard for conviction. If the state executes a wrongly convicted person, who is held accountable?
Well said. :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Cruezot is another Soros DA with blood on his hands: "The Blood Is On His Hands": Giuliani Slams Soros After Billionaire Claims DAs Aren't To Blame For Crime Wave

Just like Florida we need to remove every one of them from office ASAP. Do it for our communities and our children.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”