Washington, DC police officer killed during training by retired DC Metro Lt.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Washington, DC police officer killed during training by retired DC Metro Lt.

Post by puma guy »

Tragic incident with very few details. My prayers go out to the dead officer's family. I assumed it was the Library of Congress, but it's the Anacostia Library, a public branch of the city’s library system. With no disrespect meant for this tragic event I can't fathom why they have an independent police force simply for the libraries. I couldn't find any info regarding the size of the force but with so many other high ranking officer standing with the chief I'd guess it's a sizable number.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/retired ... eyid=15101
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

jmorris
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Washington, DC police officer killed during training by retired DC Metro Lt.

Post by jmorris »

No, you (Porter) didn't think. (edit: To clarify, Porter thought he had his training weapon and not a live firearm)
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... n/3126175/

And some info on the library police force. I think it's the same reason we have ISD police forces, so that they are on the scene and intimately familiar with the territory (Notwithstanding the Uvalde debacle).
https://www.popville.com/2016/03/the-dc ... ice-force/
Last edited by jmorris on Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

K.Mooneyham

Re: Washington, DC police officer killed during training by retired DC Metro Lt.

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Was that guy on drugs? How in the blazes did he ever make Lt? Let's say he didn't mean to kill her...but he was horsing around with a firearm in a training environment? Where he's supposed to teach young officers how to do things the right way? Insanity!

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Porter was charged almost immediately with accidental manslaughter. Is his case all that different from Alec Baldwin's shooting?
Charlie

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

TxRVer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:27 am Porter was charged almost immediately with accidental manslaughter. Is his case all that different from Alec Baldwin's shooting?
Yep; Porter's case is different. Baldwin killed one woman, but shot two people in the incident. :???:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by puma guy »

Rafe wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:36 am
TxRVer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:27 am Porter was charged almost immediately with accidental manslaughter. Is his case all that different from Alec Baldwin's shooting?
Yep; Porter's case is different. Baldwin killed one woman, but shot two people in the incident. :???:
In addition Porter was personally in control of the weapons, real and dummy, and through his own personal negligence is responsible. He also, according to what I read, did and incredibly stupid and amateurish thing, I can only assume as a joke, by pulling the weapon for no good reason and firing at a person.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”