US Army's Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 3

US Army's Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

Post by Paladin »

Lt. Gen. Maria Gervais, second in command for Army Training and Doctrine Command, sounded off Thursday about the troubling developments. She highlighted disqualification rates for potential recruits jumped from 30-40% (pre-Covid) to a whopping 70% this year due to obesity, low test scores, and/or drug use.
Between this and the Soros DAs... we are more and more on our own to provide basic security for ourselves and our families.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: US Army's Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

Post by 2farnorth »

I wonder how many are disqualified because their political views?
N5PNZ

Topic author
Paladin

Re: US Army's Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge

Post by Paladin »

Weakening Military

Boykin believes weakness is more than an international perception, and he gave examples of how Biden is intentionally weakening the military, including kicking out servicemembers who refused to get the COVID-19 shot and teaching critical race theory and inclusion tolerance instead of teaching how to be in a constant state of readiness for war.

“All of these things that have nothing to do with the mission and everything to do with the agenda of the administration—you are doing them an injustice and ultimately you’re going to pay the price for that,” Boykin said.

“At the same time, they’re turning around and writing to old generals like me, saying, ‘We need help recruiting because we just can’t recruit enough people.’ Well let me explain to you how this thing of mathematics works. You get rid of all of them, and then those who are watching from the outside say, ‘I don’t want a part of that.’ And those on the inside, many of them leave on their own.”
The day that Kabul fell to the Taliban in Afghanistan, Chang said, Chinese newspapers declared that China would invade Taiwan at some point, and that when this happens, the island will fall within hours and the United States will not come to help.
Biden Administration Intentionally Weakening Military
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Not only is China involved in the world’s fastest military buildup since the Second World War. It is preparing the Chinese citizens for war,” Chang said. “That mobilization of citizens is an ominous sign.”
I don't know what to think about this besides the fact that as citizens we should be prepared and support the Texas Guard. Darth Brandon already threatened Americans with the the Federal military on multiple occasions now.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Paladin wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:35 am US Army's Recruiting Crisis Worsens As Test Scores Drop, Disqualifications Rates Surge
Lt. Gen. Maria Gervais, second in command for Army Training and Doctrine Command, sounded off Thursday about the troubling developments. She highlighted disqualification rates for potential recruits jumped from 30-40% (pre-Covid) to a whopping 70% this year due to obesity, low test scores, and/or drug use.
I think the future is even more bleak unless something can be done. The most recent national test scores showed that we lost over 20 years of progress in our elementary schools. In math, we saw the first ever score drop since stats started being kept in 1973. Reading scores dropped by the largest margin since 1990.

Back in December 2019 was this article at left-leaning SLATE: https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ience.html. Even they had to acknowledge that, before disastrous dive of the most recent info, the once-mighty U.S. educational system was turning out barely mediocre results. In 2019, when we were still supposedly making progress, the Program for International Student Assessment, or PISA, test results showed American 15-year-olds came in 8th out of 79 countries in reading, 11th in science, and a terrible 30th in math. A New York Times article reported that, "About a fifth of American 15-year-olds scored so low on the PISA test that it appeared they had not mastered reading skills expected of a 10-year-old."

Declining fundamental skills in math, science, and reading are bad enough. But over the course of the past couple of decades our educational institutions have turned into institutions of political indoctrination. They aren't teaching basic American history and civics any longer, at least not as those of us born before around 1980 would recognize it. Research done a couple of years ago by the Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation found that fewer than one-third of native-born Americans can correctly answer the most basic civics questions required of individuals to achieve U.S. citizenship.

Worse, what's being taught is colored by extreme-left politics and shaded by "wokeism." Our kids can't do basic math, read at their own grade levels, name the three branches of government, or know much of anything about the founding of our nation. But they know about George Floyd, about Greta Thunberg, about "white privilege," about how to virtue signal in all environments, and all about non-binary gender identity.

For our military, these are all lagging indicators. Big time. It's already happened; is still in progress. We'll always have some 18- and 19-year-olds from salt-of-the-earth families in "flyover country" who are capable, intelligent, morally upright, and who want to serve their country. But recruiting heroes is going to get even harder before it gets better. And right now, it looks like that next-generation crop of candidates is getting worse instead of better.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ve said it before,and I’ll say it again… It is highly likely that if we get into a war with a near-peer opponent in the not too distant future, we’re going to have our butts handed to us.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:52 pm I’ve said it before,and I’ll say it again… It is highly likely that if we get into a war with a near-peer opponent in the not too distant future, we’re going to have our butts handed to us.
Historically, we have always had that happen for the first six months or so. It takes us that long to gear up and build the supplies we need plus train the new recruits. The question now is if we still have the capability to change over to the war time footing within that six month window. I think the American people CAN do it (as seen by the response to the 9-11 attacks), and I have strong doubts about our current administration having the willpower TO do it.

As with Viet Nam, if we lose it will not be the military that lost, but the politicians and the will of the people to fight.
Steve Rothstein

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

srothstein wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:14 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:52 pm I’ve said it before,and I’ll say it again… It is highly likely that if we get into a war with a near-peer opponent in the not too distant future, we’re going to have our butts handed to us.
Historically, we have always had that happen for the first six months or so. It takes us that long to gear up and build the supplies we need plus train the new recruits. The question now is if we still have the capability to change over to the war time footing within that six month window. I think the American people CAN do it (as seen by the response to the 9-11 attacks), and I have strong doubts about our current administration having the willpower TO do it.

As with Viet Nam, if we lose it will not be the military that lost, but the politicians and the will of the people to fight.
not if it is an attack on the homeland soil. china and russia could completely take over in 6 months
congress would capitulate, brandon would be removed or surrender.
9/11 taught us or them that a few planes on a few targets really shut us down hard. not to be little what happened but it was only a handful of targets.
i fear people now days would stand around looking at each other, then looting, and finally realize the dust bunny just hit the fan as it were

if its off soil, sure we could ramp up..but i suspect the next attack will be hackers, to completely disrupt our normal day to day via electric grid, banking, etc, then a full occupying attack from all four sides , dc , va , gulf coast and ca 1st wave. brandon would fail to take action or fail to acknowledge the threat, and we would be in the soup before we knew it. it would fall back on us to protect ourselves and community. pure chaos for a bit
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein
Posts in topic: 2

Post by srothstein »

powerboatr wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:01 pm
srothstein wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:14 pm

not if it is an attack on the homeland soil. china and russia could completely take over in 6 months
congress would capitulate, brandon would be removed or surrender.
9/11 taught us or them that a few planes on a few targets really shut us down hard. not to be little what happened but it was only a handful of targets.
i fear people now days would stand around looking at each other, then looting, and finally realize the dust bunny just hit the fan as it were

if its off soil, sure we could ramp up..but i suspect the next attack will be hackers, to completely disrupt our normal day to day via electric grid, banking, etc, then a full occupying attack from all four sides , dc , va , gulf coast and ca 1st wave. brandon would fail to take action or fail to acknowledge the threat, and we would be in the soup before we knew it. it would fall back on us to protect ourselves and community. pure chaos for a bit
I tend to agree with the scenario of a hacker attack to disrupt things before a military assault would occur. But I doubt a direct attack would succeed even then, partly because of "the gun behind every blade of grass." Yes, Congress and Brandon would capitulate at the first sign of violence, but there are too many of us individuals out here with guns that would defend our communities, both from the looters and the attackers.

For a direct attack on the US, I believe the movie "Red Dawn" shows a probable scenario - not kids but a lot of adults. Look at how much trouble the Russians just had in taking over Ukraine, especially the counter-offensive that was launched. Remember that we (the Green Berets) trained them in how to do this (and I still have trouble believing Obama allowed that) and how many of our vets have similar knowledge. Yeah, we are getting old but vets of my generation would still fight that same way. And I have a lot of doubts about the Chinese military being as dedicated to the fight as we have been led to believe if it is on our soil. We have infected their culture too much.

I do see WWIII coming, but I do not see the US losing it as quickly as some think. Even if Brandon surrendered, too many of us will never do so.
Steve Rothstein

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

:iagree: We hardly have an industrial base any more. Our public "education" centers are turning out illiterate heads full of mush, most of whom are too involved in the bright screen held in their hand to notice or care about the state of the country or look beyond what the screen tells them is the truth.

Our government's fascination with empire building is going to crash and burn.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:41 am
:iagree: We hardly have an industrial base any more. Our public "education" centers are turning out illiterate heads full of mush, most of whom are too involved in the bright screen held in their hand to notice or care about the state of the country or look beyond what the screen tells them is the truth.

Our government's fascination with empire building is going to crash and burn.
One of the primary reasons (though admittedly not the only one) that we have little-to-no real heavy manufacturing anymore is the EPA/"Green" movement. It went from cleaning up excessive pollution to making it too expensive to even operate a factory, in a relatively short amount of time. NO ONE likes foul air or contaminated water, sure, but look at the stunts they are pulling these days. They'd get rid of all cattle ranching (except for enough to supply the elites with steaks) to "save the planet" from cow flatulence. We haven't added refining capacity, either, due to EPA permitting schemes. I have little doubt it was all by design, either.

Return to “Off-Topic”