Midterm Election

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Midterm Election

Post by philip964 »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pelosi-to ... appearance

Pelosi says on Stephen Colbert Show that Dems will sweep midterms due to Roe v Wade.

Please vote in November.

He is the worst guy on TV by far.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/04/politics ... index.html

Historic lead by Republicans going into midterms.

Don’t listen to this you need to vote.

CNN is changing really fast.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Midterm Election

Post by Rafe »

Didn't want to start a new topic, and didn't see any better existing topic than this one. So...

Ran across this website, sort of by accident: https://www.usdebtclock.org/. May be old news to everyone but, wow, does it pack in a lot of dynamically updated information. And I mean, a lot.

I'm not very bright--just ask any of my democrat-voting friends--but this web feed should be mentioned by every Republican running for office. In all of those numbers, a starkly dangerous picture is painted.

For example, the current U.S. federal debt-to-GDP ratio is 125.9%. If you throw in state/local spending as well, the total debt-to-GDP ratio is 140.09%.

Now, I was never a presidential advisor in economics, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if, on an annual basis, your debt is 140% of your revenue...well, you're in very big trouble.

The federal debt-to-GDP ratio is shown historically for three years for comparison:
  • 1960: 52.3%
  • 1980: 34.68%
  • 2000: 55.9%
The U.S. has a total employed workforce smaller now than it did in 2000...even though the population now (not including the millions of undocumented aliens who have crossed our border under Biden) is 333.3 million and in 2000 it was 282.2. So the actual workforce since 2000 has decreased 0.5% while the population has increased by 18.1%.

The official unemployed number is 5.72 million; the actual unemployed number is 10.45 million. There are 34.65% more people receiving Medicaid than are receiving Medicare. Of our population of 333.3 million, an estimated 40.82 million are living at the federal poverty level, 12.2%. Statistically, 1 in every 9 people you see is at the federal poverty level, and many living on the government dole. There are over 38.5 million food stamp recipients, 11.5% of the total population.

The U.S. has over $7.48 trillion in debt held by foreign countries. The U.S. trade deficit with China alone is over $416 billion. The federal government has over $172.153 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

All of this while Biden tells us that the economy is strong and that inflation is just in our imaginations.

Only 16 days until election day! Urge everybody you can to cast their ballots. And let us pray that millions of dead dimocrats don't cast theirs...
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Paladin
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Paladin »

I'm voting tomorrow. This nightmare has to end.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

The dumbocrats are not sending us into a recession but a depression
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

RPBrown wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:40 am The dumbocrats are not sending us into a recession but a depression
We have had decades of globalization and offshoring. There is a major change underway for a "decoupling" from not only Russia, but China. Energy decoupling appears might be catastrophic for many European countries like Germany, but high energy prices aren't going to help any of us. The mountains of debt aren't helping either. So much production has been off-shored to China, it's uncertain how quickly and easily production could be transitioned to somewhere safe from China.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

extremist
Posts in topic: 7

Post by extremist »

Unless you absolutely cannot get to the polls on Election Day, I would encourage voting ON Election Day. Makes it harder to cheat and change votes from early voting.

Also check and question any Wi-Fi hotspots at your polling location for suspicious WAPs. There shouldn't be any and if there are, you should bring it to the attention of the precinct officials and question it.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I voted this morning. With the rain it wasn't busy. There was no wait.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Rafe wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:29 pm Didn't want to start a new topic, and didn't see any better existing topic than this one. So...

Ran across this website, sort of by accident: https://www.usdebtclock.org/. May be old news to everyone but, wow, does it pack in a lot of dynamically updated information. And I mean, a lot.

I'm not very bright--just ask any of my democrat-voting friends--but this web feed should be mentioned by every Republican running for office. In all of those numbers, a starkly dangerous picture is painted.

For example, the current U.S. federal debt-to-GDP ratio is 125.9%. If you throw in state/local spending as well, the total debt-to-GDP ratio is 140.09%.

Now, I was never a presidential advisor in economics, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that if, on an annual basis, your debt is 140% of your revenue...well, you're in very big trouble.

The federal debt-to-GDP ratio is shown historically for three years for comparison:
  • 1960: 52.3%
  • 1980: 34.68%
  • 2000: 55.9%
The U.S. has a total employed workforce smaller now than it did in 2000...even though the population now (not including the millions of undocumented aliens who have crossed our border under Biden) is 333.3 million and in 2000 it was 282.2. So the actual workforce since 2000 has decreased 0.5% while the population has increased by 18.1%.

The official unemployed number is 5.72 million; the actual unemployed number is 10.45 million. There are 34.65% more people receiving Medicaid than are receiving Medicare. Of our population of 333.3 million, an estimated 40.82 million are living at the federal poverty level, 12.2%. Statistically, 1 in every 9 people you see is at the federal poverty level, and many living on the government dole. There are over 38.5 million food stamp recipients, 11.5% of the total population.

The U.S. has over $7.48 trillion in debt held by foreign countries. The U.S. trade deficit with China alone is over $416 billion. The federal government has over $172.153 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

All of this while Biden tells us that the economy is strong and that inflation is just in our imaginations.

Only 16 days until election day! Urge everybody you can to cast their ballots. And let us pray that millions of dead dimocrats don't cast theirs...
So 31trillion in national debt at 3% interest is 0.93 trillion in interest. (sorry these numbers are so big I don't know how to input them into a calculator)

Raise the interest rate to 6% and it is 1.86 trillion a year in interest carry.

The Federal Budget for 2023 is 5.8 trillion. The interest carry is 16% at 3%, it goes up to 32% of the federal budget at 6%. Imagine if it goes to 9%.

Last year the 30 year Fed bond rate was 2.13%, today it is 4.33%. The average bond rate is 4.77% since people keep them for 30 years. This average rate most likely will start going up. So this year 1.47 trillion will go to service the debt or 25% of the budget.

So much of the budget with higher interest rates will go to covering the federal debt, not new programs or social programs or defense or lowering the debt.

We have an advantage, we are the best in world for safety. So people all over the world buy our debt. It tends to make us foolish rather than good custodians.

Yes please vote.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

extremist wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:49 am Unless you absolutely cannot get to the polls on Election Day, I would encourage voting ON Election Day. Makes it harder to cheat and change votes from early voting.

Also check and question any Wi-Fi hotspots at your polling location for suspicious WAPs. There shouldn't be any and if there are, you should bring it to the attention of the precinct officials and question it.
What is a WAP. Why would this be an issue? What is someone doing?

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:02 pm I voted this morning. With the rain it wasn't busy. There was no wait.
thank you!

I'm voting early as I may be out of town and don't want to risk not being in town.

My early voting location is bad for lines so I thought I would give it a few days.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Vol Texan »

extremist wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:49 am Unless you absolutely cannot get to the polls on Election Day, I would encourage voting ON Election Day. Makes it harder to cheat and change votes from early voting.

I am an election judge here in Harris County. I agree with you on the suggestion to vote on Election Day. I do, mainly so I (as presiding judge) can carry while voting, but also agree that the time frame available for any shenanigans is shorter, which may reduce the probability and/or impact thereof.

In every polling location in Harris County there WILL be a odd hotspot. I know this to be true because I set it up. Our polling machines are air-gapped (no connectivity), but our e-poll books are iPads, and are connected to check voter status (and to ensure that voter has not already voted 20 minutes ago just down the street).
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Vol Texan »

Adding to the above comment:

If y’all on west side of Houston want to be 100% sure that your polling judge is carrying, come on down to my precinct! PM me for details.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

extremist
Posts in topic: 7

Post by extremist »

philip964 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:16 pm

Wireless Access Point. If the election judge doesn't recognize it, it's a problem because someone can be accessing and changing votes.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

extremist wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:41 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:16 pm

Wireless Access Point. If the election judge doesn't recognize it, it's a problem because someone can be accessing and changing votes.
Really? Dominion says that's not possible. I really liked punchcards.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

we early voted in wood county at lunch
WOW it was busy busy busy and lots of foreigners (north peoples)
my silent survey and eyeball saw all talking about the great state of texas and lets keep it republican
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”