Midterm Election

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Papa_Tiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Midterm Election

Post by Papa_Tiger »

chamberc wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:03 am
RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 am Congrats to Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton. Just wish we could get Dallas County to go Red.
I have not been able to find out, did we win Texas house and Senate overall?
Senate no. House, maybe.
I think he was asking about the TEXAS House and Senate:
https://apps.texastribune.org/features/ ... n-results/

Senate - Republican Control
House - Likely Republican Control

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:12 am
anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:13 am
Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:58 am
Grayling813 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm TINVOWOOT
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....
There is no question that election stealing has been going on for a long long time and that in 2020 it went off the charts to new levels. I expect the criminals to continue stealing as much as they can, as long as they can, until they are stopped.

Prayers go to the good people of Pennsylvania who just got robbed.
The people of Pennsylvania did not get robbed. They opened the door and pulled the freakshow in.
And this is what comes when the GOP runs idiots like Oz. Well, Pennsylvanians are about to discover what kind of Lurch they elected. May God help them by making it so plainly obvious that they’ll have a nice red wave of their own the next time around.
Approximately 50% of Pennsylvanians only concern is that there is a warm "D" body capable of voting with the party. Fetterman's inability to speak or think coherently isn't an issue apparently.
As for Oz, when the best candidate the Repukicans can put forward is a TV personality Muslim then they get what they deserve.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

mayor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mayor »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:15 am Approximately 50% of Pennsylvanians only concern is that there is a warm "D" body capable of voting with the party. Fetterman's inability to speak or think coherently isn't an issue apparently.
As for Oz, when the best candidate the Repukicans can put forward is a TV personality Muslim then they get what they deserve.
:iagree:

BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

I can't believe that Whitmer and and Hochul won. Next time I see video of New Yorkers being raped, robbed and killed, I'll have a lot less sympathy. They had a chance.
Some commentator last night wondered how many potential R votes had moved to Florida and other parts, and if it affected the election.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Paladin »

BigGuy wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:34 pm I can't believe that Whitmer and and Hochul won. Next time I see video of New Yorkers being raped, robbed and killed, I'll have a lot less sympathy. They had a chance.
Some commentator last night wondered how many potential R votes had moved to Florida and other parts, and if it affected the election.
It is shocking, but I wonder how much was election fraud. I assume the Dems stole every race that was within 3% with their electronic voting tabulation tampering scheme. IIRC there were also over 20 million mail in ballots nationwide... and 2000 Mules shows there is a paid army of Mules to rig those. Data from True the Vote suggests than Non-profits spent literally billions dollars during the last election to rig the 2020 results... and not all of it was Zuck Bucks.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:15 am Approximately 50% of Pennsylvanians only concern is that there is a warm "D" body capable of voting with the party. Fetterman's inability to speak or think coherently isn't an issue apparently.
There are some who don't even care if it's a warm body. Both PA and TN elected democrats to their respective state houses who were dead before the election.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Flightmare wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:14 pm
There are some who don't even care if it's a warm body. Both PA and TN elected democrats to their respective state houses who were dead before the election.
Pennsylvania Voters Reelect Dead Democrat State Representative

That is pretty disgraceful.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

54% of the Harris County votes went for Beto.

That carried down the ballot for the other statewide races.

It then extended to all the Democratic Judges and the County Judge.

The Republicans had the support of the Sheriff’s office and the local police due to the Democratic judges letting everyone out without bail.

Local Houston celebrity “Mattress Mac” heavily campaigned on TV for the Republican local races.

Today in his victory speech Brandon promised to ban assault weapons.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

philip964 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:59 pm 54% of the Harris County votes went for Beto.

That carried down the ballot for the other statewide races.

It then extended to all the Democratic Judges and the County Judge.

The Republicans had the support of the Sheriff’s office and the local police due to the Democratic judges letting everyone out without bail.

Local Houston celebrity “Mattress Mac” heavily campaigned on TV for the Republican local races.

Today in his victory speech Brandon promised to ban assault weapons.
We should have ruined their primaries. Then, you don't get to vote in your R run offs, but that's a small price it seems.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

I think we have it confirmed now that the Republicans will have 50 seats in the senate, with two races to still be decided. Most people are claiming the race in Alaska as too close to call, but are not aware or are ignoring the fact that the top two vote-getters are both Republicans. The only question is if Murkowski will keep her seat or be tossed out for a more conservative Republican. I think, based on how ranked choice voting works, the deciding factor will be whether the Democratic voters preferred Murkowski more than Tshibaka. My gut feeling is that they feel Murkowski is more moderate and will support her, getting her over the 50% mark.
Steve Rothstein

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grayling813 »

srothstein wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:06 pm I think we have it confirmed now that the Republicans will have 50 seats in the senate, with two races to still be decided. Most people are claiming the race in Alaska as too close to call, but are not aware or are ignoring the fact that the top two vote-getters are both Republicans. The only question is if Murkowski will keep her seat or be tossed out for a more conservative Republican. I think, based on how ranked choice voting works, the deciding factor will be whether the Democratic voters preferred Murkowski more than Tshibaka. My gut feeling is that they feel Murkowski is more moderate and will support her, getting her over the 50% mark.
Fauxnews still shows 49R-48D Senate with 3 races where Democrats haven’t come up with enough votes yet.
Also, Fauxnews seems to be indicating that Dims will retain control of the House.

TINVOWOOT

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:59 pm Today in his victory speech Brandon promised to ban assault weapons.
Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
-Mao Zedong

It is only natural that they would go for the guns after illegitimately seizing power.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ruark »

I read that the voter turnout in the 18-25 age group was HUGE. If so, that might account for a lot of the blue results.
-Ruark

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Vol Texan »

Ruark wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:26 am I read that the voter turnout in the 18-25 age group was HUGE. If so, that might account for a lot of the blue results.
All the more reason to take a liberal to the range today. I have many young families living near me, and I've done it as much as they will allow.

"Converting liberals to common sense - one spent casing at a time."
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”