Midterm Election

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Midterm Election

Post by RoyGBiv »

Ruark wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:34 pm Yeah, we'd make sort of a party of it, staying up late with snacks and watching the results roll in.

As far as Republicans, I hope they get something done. They have a history of giving fist-thumping speeches, getting elected by excited voters, and then sitting there for 4 years doing nothing. E.g. Trump: "my first day in office, those 'gun free zones' will disappear."
With Uncle Joe having veto power, the only thing a R Congress can do is draw contrasts... Passing up a bill to drill for oil everywhere, only to have it vetoed, doesn't get anything actually done. Yes.. it's better than today, for sure, but, still deadlock unless the D's decide to break ranks on some things and override vetoes.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:19 am
Vol Texan wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:24 pm God only knows what they do to it after I drop it off.
And that’s the rub, isn't it? Reminds me of the Battle of Athens, Tennessee. The REAL shenanigans didn’t take place until the "higher authority" confiscated the ballot boxes and brought them to the courthouse for "protection". That’s when a group of men who are among my personal pantheon of heroes stepped in and ended the problem.

One would hope that violence would no longer be required to safeguard the sanctity of the vote…but I grow increasingly skeptical over the years.
I'm holding my breath on all the close elections. The Democrats have machinations in place and have vast experience in corrupting and fostering fraudulent elections and have since post Civil War.
And then there's this headline:
DOJ to monitor polling sites across country amid fears of voter intimidation
(Blue colored text added for obvious reasons)
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

All I see are stories about machines not working in Maricopa county in Arizona and a judge saying people can vote in PA up to two weeks after the election.

Plus not having election results until weeks after the election.

So go vote if you have not already.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

TINVOWOOT
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Grayling813 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:50 pm TINVOWOOT
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....

srothstein
Posts in topic: 3

Post by srothstein »

puma guy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:40 pm DOJ to monitor polling sites across country amid fears of voter intimidation
Gov. Desantis had the perfect answer to this. He told the DOJ that Florida law does not allow the DOJ observers in the polling locations. And he enforced that rule.
Steve Rothstein

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Congrats to Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton. Just wish we could get Dallas County to go Red.
I have not been able to find out, did we win Texas house and Senate overall?
Last edited by RPBrown on Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Paladin »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 am Congrats to Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton. Just wish we could get Dallas County to go Red.
:iagree:

Looks like Soros DA Creuzot will have a couple more years to foster a crime wave here in Dallas County. Perhaps Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton can help us?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Paladin »

Grayling813 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:25 pm
:iagree: Voting machines not working all over the country, including in Texas. The attempted steal is ongoing....
There is no question that election stealing has been going on for a long long time and that in 2020 it went off the charts to new levels. I expect the criminals to continue stealing as much as they can, as long as they can, until they are stopped.

Prayers go to the good people of Pennsylvania who just got robbed.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

Paladin wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:58 am
There is no question that election stealing has been going on for a long long time and that in 2020 it went off the charts to new levels. I expect the criminals to continue stealing as much as they can, as long as they can, until they are stopped.

The people of Pennsylvania did not get robbed. They opened the door and pulled the freakshow in.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:13 am

The people of Pennsylvania did not get robbed. They opened the door and pulled the freakshow in.
If a banana with a “D” was on the ballot it would have “won” there.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:13 am

And this is what comes when the GOP runs idiots like Oz. Well, Pennsylvanians are about to discover what kind of Lurch they elected. May God help them by making it so plainly obvious that they’ll have a nice red wave of their own the next time around.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Ruark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Ruark »

It's just unbelievable that there are enough utterly stupid people out there to elect and RE-ELECT people like Whitmire, Newsom, Fetterman, Hochul, Schumer, Pelosi, etc. Just unbelievable. Unbelievable.
Last edited by Ruark on Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Ruark

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 18

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 12:58 pm Bill Maher claims Republicans are ‘definitely going to win’ midterms thanks to 'woke culture'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-mahe ... ke-culture

He’s a lib saying it.

I think it’s going to be extraordinary.

Historic. Record breaking.

My concern is that the Republicans will mess it up just like they did for Trumps first two years.

We need. LTC reciprocity across the US.

A definition of Male and Female XX and XY.
Well I have never been more wrong.

Hard for me to imagine that so many people were so happy with Brandon’s first two years they wanted more.

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

RPBrown wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:42 am Congrats to Abbott, Patrick, and Paxton. Just wish we could get Dallas County to go Red.
I have not been able to find out, did we win Texas house and Senate overall?
Senate no. House, maybe.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

Return to “Off-Topic”