No gun signs and my place of worship

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: No gun signs and my place of worship

Post by powerboatr »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:38 pm Some folks act surprised by ex military or police who are anti gun. Those are the very folks who think they are specially qualified to own a weapon and everyone else is a chub.
yes there are many out there that have that mentality, of which as a retired sailor i simply cannot understand
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:02 pm
extremist wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:39 pm Find another church. ;-)
:iagree:

I pastor in Irving so just load up and come on over. Until I got to the point that my health wouldn’t allow me to baptize and my assistant took over I pocked carried under the waders.
Above is your answer. Just do it!

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:12 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:02 pm
:iagree:

I pastor in Irving so just load up and come on over. Until I got to the point that my health wouldn’t allow me to baptize and my assistant took over I pocked carried under the waders.
Above is your answer. Just do it!
I realize how hard it can be to leave a church one has established a connection with. I'm not a church goer but my Mom is an avid church goer and she has established many social friendships at the church. I can't imagine her just deciding she would switch. But just the same, a situation like this might cause me to make a switch. Me and my family safety means a lot to me. I am with the fellers who say switch churches.

glazer1972

Post by glazer1972 »

Our church (Baptist) asks us to conceal but we have no signs. If any signs go up I’m gone.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:38 pm Some folks act surprised by ex military or police who are anti gun. Those are the very folks who think they are specially qualified to own a weapon and everyone else is a chub.
Since he was a sergeant-major this does not surprise me a bit. I found that generally the higher in rank, officer or enlisted, the less likely they were to trust the lower ranks, or in this case the average person.

I suppose this might apply to LEOs also as the rank and file that I've had the occasion to talk to seem fine with carry.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pretty much this. My own church is generally accepting of members carrying, but they do have 30.07 signs posted. I can live with that, and have done so since 30.07 first passed. If they posted 30.06 as well, I’d move on.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”