Tested Positive for Covid

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Tested Positive for Covid

Post by anygunanywhere »

I came down with what felt like a cold. Fever of 101, coughing, sore throat. Still have smell and taste.

Mrs Anygunanwhere went to CVS and picked up some Abbott Covid test kits. Mine is positive, hers negative. I’m a pure blood. She has been vaccinated but no boosters.

Slept all day yesterday. Feel better today.

Been taking quercetin and ivermectin and will double up on the meds.

I’m pretty confident I will be fine. I’m hoping that everyone else will be fine too.
Last edited by anygunanywhere on Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tested Positive for Covid

Post by Paladin »

Sorry to hear that. Praying for your quick recovery. It's no fun, but so far no one I've personally heard of has been seriously ill with the latest variant.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 pm I came down with what felt like a cold. Fever of 201, coughing, sore throat. Still have smell and taste.

Mrs Anygunanwhere went to CVS and picked up some Abbott Covid test kits. Mine is positive, hers negative. I’m a pure blood. She has been vaccinated but no boosters.

I’m pretty confident I will be fine. I’m hoping that everyone else will be fine too.
Hope you feel better soon. Those 201 fevers are tough!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

My wife and I have it three times now, but the last one felt like a bad cold and tested negative about 6 days later. Back in December 2020 (think) it was horrible. My oxygen went down to the 70’s. I am usually okay during the day, but I have to have O2 every night.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:09 pm My wife and I have it three times now, but the last one felt like a bad cold and tested negative about 6 days later. Back in December 2020 (think) it was horrible. My oxygen went down to the 70’s. I am usually okay during the day, but I have to have O2 every night.
:shock:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:19 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 pm I came down with what felt like a cold. Fever of 201, coughing, sore throat. Still have smell and taste.

Hope you feel better soon. Those 201 fevers are tough!
:smilelol5:
I’m gonna have to edit my post.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Urgent care can give you a script for Paxlovid, just bring in the positive test. Helped me get over it in 5 days. Not as bad as the flu for me.

I think it’s not as rough as the one two years ago. That or all the vaccines I took.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:14 pm Urgent care can give you a script for Paxlovid, just bring in the positive test. Helped me get over it in 5 days. Not as bad as the flu for me.

I think it’s not as rough as the one two years ago. That or all the vaccines I took.
Unless you’re experiencing heavy symptoms, I would avoid Paxlovid. I took it when it was fairly newly introduced when I had Covid back in July, and ended up rebounding and coming back down with it again a week after testing negative. Paxlovid is kinda like taking a short dose of antibiotics and it knocks it down in your system, but then once you stop taking it, if the virus is still active in your body, it can re-replicate and you cone down with it again.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Praying for you and your family !

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Probably not a bad idea to take about 5000% daily dose of vitamin C for two or three days as well, and some vitamin D with your meals. I wouldn't do it for an extended period but short term it can help.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 pm Been taking quercetin and ivermectin and will double up on the meds.
I did same, but also was taking Zinc and C. Quercetin aids in getting Zinc where it needs to go. Not sure quercetin by itself is helpful. .. ??

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-cont ... NGLISH.pdf

I've been taking 5,000IU daily of D3 since early 2020 when this mess began. Last year my blood work came back with borderline low D level so I upped the D3 to 10,000IU/day. This year (last month) my blood work came back with D3 solidly in the normal range. Apparently many people are D3 deficient, especially in Winter months when sun repurpose is lower. Us old folks don't drink milk (D3 fortified in US) like when we were kids either. From what I've read D3 is helpful in fighting off infections in the lungs. How much supplement to take is very dependent on the individual.

Not a Dr... just my opinion... Consult with your preferred medical professional for advice.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers for a speedy recovery. Fortunately, no one in my immediate family has had it (yet). Wife and I have both been fully jabbed but we both have COPD (hers a lot worse than mine) and our doctor who is also a friend strongly suggested it. Said it may not totally keep us from getting it but if we did it wouldn't be nearly as bad.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m doing the vitamins D and zinc supplements.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Something you might consider, drinking tonic water, tonic water has quinine in it, quinine allows the zinc to enter the cell structure, the Virus cannot replicate in the presence of zinc! However if you have access to hydroxychloroquin that works better, My wife had a Rx for hydroxychloroquin that she had stopped taking, so I was taking one a day along with zinc, never so much as a sniffle!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by powerboatr »

i got it 31 dec
was sick as a dog for 2 days high fever, no taste, no eat. shivered so bad my skin was red hot, for 3 or 4 hrs
ear infection came back and was discharging a smelly something
did the at home free test 2 of 3 were positive, 4th box was missing key parts :rules:
went to va for ear infection got dosed hard with amoxicyllin for ears, she did a covid test as well....oddly they did not seem overly worried
we got vaxed last year but no booster
doc gave me more vit d and multi vit with zinc, along with sinus rinse,
still have the uncommanded cough
and no beer since 31st... taste is still off i have depleted my texas pete hot sauce supply :thumbs2:
have lost over 6 pounds :woohoo

pray for your recovery
this one knocked me back, had to pick it up on the fast trip to south florida the 4 days before i got sick
grand child is healthy , wife is healthy so what ever we did to isolate worked.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”