Putting things in perspective.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Putting things in perspective.

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/wp-content ... olice.jpeg

In light of the event in Memphis, this data put things in perspective.

Pass the attitude test. Don’t fight with the police.

There is an article out there about 3 teens who recently died in Texas near Austin in a car that a police officer was trying to stop for speeding. The teen driver decided to try and drive even faster and get away. The driver lost control passing another car, hit a tree flipped several times and caught fire. The 3 teens died.

The news article seemed to believe this was the police officers fault for attempting to stop the speeding car.

Chemist45

Re: Putting things in perspective.

Post by Chemist45 »

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Teens fault for their ego writing checks their driving skill level couldn't cash.....
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

i make it a rule, no matter what, to not get in a peeeeing match on side of road. i do stand my ground in regards to rights however

i got snagged 2 fridays(sat morning) ago at 2:30 ish AM
57 in a 50. police was sitting in an all black suv no reflective stuff on the back
i hit him with brights as i thought it was a disabled car
he waited till i passed and BOOM, on came the lights, and came after me. :thumbs2:

VERY VERY polite young man said howdy, where are you coming from, ( i just dropped off grand child at creamery she works 3 am to 3 pm)
he said ohhh thats early. gave him ,my DL , he walked back to his car, came back with a warning and we bull talked for about 5 minutes on side of road and he said thanks for being a veteran at least 4 times
no body got their feelings hurt and no body did stupid things
i was prepared for a ticket and ran through my mind $$$ and all that.

i bet he was thinking when he stopped me...its 2: 30 am saturday ..drunk, etc etc , but he was 100% polite and not nervy or anything
i bet i looked disheveled, becasue i just got up at 1:30 and was ready to go back to sleep :biggrinjester:

my grand daughter came from a big city where cops are feared and many people dont trust them and of course are not polite to the police
she is slowly understanding how the little attitude things make a world of difference.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “Off-Topic”