us soldier walked into north korea or was he cpatured or ???

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

us soldier walked into north korea or was he cpatured or ???

Post by powerboatr »

i got an alert at around 3 am that a us soldier was captured by north Koreans, then i changed to detained by, then it changed to he walked across the dmz to north korea, then it updated he was under some form of non judicial punishment coming and took a tout of the DMZ in street clothes and somehow WALKED across to north korea where he is detained

I SURE hope this is what it looks like, a soldier afraid of his non judicial outcome that would send him home, simply felt he could walk away and be alright.
i sure hope we dont expend an hour trying to get him back if he left on his own accord

now if he was captured by said koreans, in a sneak attack that one thing. but the accounting now says he left the tour group and walked into north korea...what the heck batman

sure sounds like the other army guy that left his unit ?????
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Re: us soldier walked into north korea or was he cpatured or ???

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Here's a little story that I always found entertaining.

My friend's brother-in-law went into the US Army. When tested, he was found to have an aptitude for foreign languages, even though he grew up in an American family, knowing only English.

He was sent to the US military foreign language school in California, and became fluent in Korean.

When assigned to South Korea, he sat on the side of the negotiation table at the "truce village" with the American and South Korean officials.
He translated what the North Korean commies had to say, to his American superiors. WOW!

He married a South Korean gal, and his inlaws love that he is fluent in their language.

How's that for landing in a super unique duty assignment?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:22 pm Here's a little story that I always found entertaining.

My friend's brother-in-law went into the US Army. When tested, he was found to have an aptitude for foreign languages, even though he grew up in an American family, knowing only English.

He was sent to the US military foreign language school in California, and became fluent in Korean.

When assigned to South Korea, he sat on the side of the negotiation table at the "truce village" with the American and South Korean officials.
He translated what the North Korean commies had to say, to his American superiors. WOW!

He married a South Korean gal, and his inlaws love that he is fluent in their language.

SIA
that is a great story, some people are gifted that way..
:hurry:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:22 pm Here's a little story that I always found entertaining.

SIA
I LOVE it!

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

All the data I am reading says this dirt-bag was being sent home and was to be discharged following NJP. He then left his unit, joined the tour group (tours of Panmunjom are a common tourist tour) and then ran into the nK side. Leave him there and do not expend ANY effort to get him back. Tell Kim Jong whatever, (fat boy with bad haircut) that he is welcome to this dude.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

AF-Odin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:07 pm All the data I am reading says this dirt-bag was being sent home and was to be discharged following NJP. He then left his unit, joined the tour group (tours of Panmunjom are a common tourist tour) and then ran into the nK side. Leave him there and do not expend ANY effort to get him back. Tell Kim Jong whatever, (fat boy with bad haircut) that he is welcome to this dude.
I read some things about this today and I would have to agree with you.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

carlson1 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:07 am
AF-Odin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:07 pm All the data I am reading says this dirt-bag was being sent home and was to be discharged following NJP. He then left his unit, joined the tour group (tours of Panmunjom are a common tourist tour) and then ran into the nK side. Leave him there and do not expend ANY effort to get him back. Tell Kim Jong whatever, (fat boy with bad haircut) that he is welcome to this dude.
I read some things about this today and I would have to agree with you.
:iagree: :iagree:

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/AfvhPsagVSCOcRuM21SjWeg

He had recently been released from a South Korean jail and was being flown back to the US at a SK airport. Instead of going to the US he got with a tourist group.

Let’s hope he wasn’t in a sensitive job in SK.

Cant decide if they will: make him a hostage, bleed him for anything he knows, have him sing to the world about how wonderful Kim is and how evil the US is, or all three. Only real question is which celebrity will go to NK to bring him home.

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:10 pm https://apple.news/AfvhPsagVSCOcRuM21SjWeg

He had recently been released from a South Korean jail and was being flown back to the US at a SK airport. Instead of going to the US he got with a tourist group.

Let’s hope he wasn’t in a sensitive job in SK.

Cant decide if they will: make him a hostage, bleed him for anything he knows, have him sing to the world about how wonderful Kim is and how evil the US is, or all three. Only real question is which celebrity will go to NK to bring him home.
He's a PV2 19D Cavalry Scout. So, very little chance he'd have any information that wasn't already available online.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Pvt. 2nd Class Travis King did not learn any discipline nor self control in the Army. Perhaps a long life in North Korea is better suited for him than running the streets of American causing mayhem.

03Lightningrocks

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:00 am Pvt. 2nd Class Travis King did not learn any discipline nor self control in the Army. Perhaps a long life in North Korea is better suited for him than running the streets of American causing mayhem.
I am betting that by now, this clown is already wishing he had stayed and caught that plane ride back to the US.

SecurityGeek

Post by SecurityGeek »

Fat boy will probably make him a general.
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"
- S. Paige

03Lightningrocks

SecurityGeek wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:26 am Fat boy will probably make him a general.
"rlol"

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2023/09/27/north-kor ... avis-king/

It appears the US will now make him a General or woke corporations will make him a spokesperson.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... egion.html

“Our focus right now is caring for him and his family. And we'll work through all those administrative status questions following the completion of his reintegration,' the person said.
'When he arrives on US soil, he will be evaluated by a very talented, and experienced team who are going to guide him through a reintegration process that will address any medical and emotional concerns and ensure we get him in a good place to reunite with his family,' the official added.”

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

My vote is 20 to life at Leavenworth for Desertion in the Face of the Enemy (since no one has been executed at Leavenworth since the 1960s, not even Nidal Hassan). Technically, the Korean War is STILL going on and only an ARMISTICE is in place.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Return to “Off-Topic”