TEMU online store

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

TEMU online store

Post by powerboatr »

I wont post the picture
as it may be construed as pushing an "illegal" device
but TEMU is selling solvent traps..yes those are for engines etc
bu they have a few on the website that list dimensions in CALIBER, vice mm or inches :rules:

is atf watching this site or letting temu sell things that here are causes for a quick interview by LEOS
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TEMU online store

Post by srothstein »

powerboatr wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:08 pmis atf watching this site or letting temu sell things that here are causes for a quick interview by LEOS
Yes.
Steve Rothstein

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I have read that the TEMU app does all kinds of crazy things once you download it on your phone. Like stealing your private info, accounts, passwords, etc.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Is that TEMU dot com? My wife ordered from them and told me it was legitimate. Now I see a lot of reports saying it is not and it is associated with a Chinese company.
Charlie

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

A search for information revealed this tidbit:

Is Temu reliable?
The Better Business Bureau, which analyzes companies based on reviews and complaints and also offers a place for people to share feedback on businesses, says it gave Temu a C-minus rating in part because 581 complaints have been submitted against business since it opened last July.
(Report dated Jul 13, 2023).

I'd steer clear of it. Just being a bad business is on top of any other predatory identity theft makes it a no go zone for me.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Had to go back and locate it, but this seems to be a fairly even-handed article about Temu from Compass IT Compliance: https://www.compassitc.com/blog/temu-ap ... -consumers. The concluding paragraph:
In the end, while the popularity of apps like Temu presents a new avenue for consumers to “shop like a billionaire”, it is essential to remember that these conveniences come with potential risks. The dangers of the Temu app, as well as other e-commerce platforms, lie in the data they collect and how they use it. The question, "Is the Temu app safe?" therefore, does not have a simple yes or no answer. Until more is known, consumers should prioritize their data security and privacy and proceed with caution.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

yes it was the app
but my concern was the items they have listed and the numerous USES you find deep in the details
why list things in caliber vice inches vice mm or maybe thread pitch
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

powerboatr wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:50 pm yes it was the app
but my concern was the items they have listed and the numerous USES you find deep in the details
why list things in caliber vice inches vice mm or maybe thread pitch
They know exactly what they're selling. Since they are wholly located within China I doubt they give a rat's patotie about if it's legal here or not. I also doubt they would share any info with any American law enforcement agency *unless* they got useful information in return.

Once delivered it's your problem.

It they're afraid of customs intercepting a package labeled solvent trap it'll be something else. Waaaaaaaay back I decided to waste $20 on Ali just to see what crap it was. The laser sight was labeled as a (IIRC) high intensity flashlight, which is kinda true I guess.

BTW, couldn't get the button battery into the holder.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

My wife orders from them on occasion with no issues to speak of. Long shipping times but no big deal. Me, I have no reason to order from them :mrgreen:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

I've known a couple people who ordered some fishing gear (reels, etc.) from them and were absolutely satisfied. I might get some stuff myself - you can get a 500 yard spool of good braided line for about $6; here it would run $40. YMMV.
-Ruark

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I found this FORBES article about TEMU.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurra ... f375d63f14

It looks like long shipping times is the biggest complaint. Makes sense if the products are being shipped straight from China.

Return to “Off-Topic”