What's in Luckenbach?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

What's in Luckenbach?

Post by Ruark »

I shouldn't be asking this question, especially since I was a biker for 15 years back in the day, but I've never been to Luckenbach. My wife has been asking me what's there. Some people at her office told her it was a cool place, so she was thinking maybe it would be a nice Saturday afternoon trip (we live 30 minutes from there).

From what I can tell on Google Street View, there's nothing there, just some place called "Post Office." Probably some kind of beer & burger place and maybe a food truck. Is that it? No gift shops, stores, nice little cafes/restaurants, etc.?

https://www.google.com/maps/@30.1788612 ... ?entry=ttu
-Ruark

puma guy

Re: What's in Luckenbach?

Post by puma guy »

Pretty sure there's a dance hall, general store and B n B lodging. I remember reading about a guy who was a great promoter of the town (may have been the saloon and dance hall owner) and wrote about the place and but he had passed away. Google is your friend.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The place has turned into a tourist spot, unfortunately... If you find some event going on that you want to attend there, go for it... but.. if you just want to sit outside, enjoy some live music, maybe a cold beer at the ice house... or go dancing or see a show inside at the dance hall, you're better off a few miles down the road in Albert. Way fewer Fredericksburg tourists (and misbehaving children) in Albert.

https://www.luckenbachtexas.com/
https://alberttexas.com/

YMMV, of course.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Stopped by when I was in the area. Certainly worth doing if you’re in the area as a bucket list check off.

There is a Texas bar. That’s pretty much it. Enjoyed seeing it though. Nicely authentic. Texas license plate floor was fun to see, but now I’ve spoiled the surprise.

clarionite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by clarionite »

I've been twice on bike ride's with buddies. There's not much there, but the post office is a decent place to grab a bite to eat and something cool to drink along the ride. And as other's have said, just getting it off your bucket list. We usually started in Boerne, through Luckenbach, Frederiksberg for lunch, Kerrville, Bandera, Hondo then back to Boerne.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Jerry Jeff Walker’s memorial is there.

Hondo Crouch was the mayor. His daughter opened a restaurant in Fredericksburg named Hondo’s. Great food and live music.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

clarionite wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:25 am I've been twice on bike ride's with buddies. There's not much there, but the post office is a decent place to grab a bite to eat and something cool to drink along the ride. And as other's have said, just getting it off your bucket list. We usually started in Boerne, through Luckenbach, Frederiksberg for lunch, Kerrville, Bandera, Hondo then back to Boerne.
ditto
cept we were in the truck, stopped at LBJ place as well

lukenbach is a different sort of place, truly texan
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

clarionite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by clarionite »

I never did see Waylon, Willie and the boys while I was there though.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Everybody is somebody in Luckenbach
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Return to “Off-Topic”