The View- Joy Behar goes deer hunting with her AR-15

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

The View- Joy Behar goes deer hunting with her AR-15

Post by philip964 »

Paladin

Re: The View- Joy Behar goes deer hunting with her AR-15

Post by Paladin »

philip964 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:12 am
Definitely not her first abusive, ignorant, subversive statement. I believe her propagandizing over time amounts to treason. Banishing her from our nation would be a start. She is the face of all that is wrong with America today. The fact that she is still on the air tells you that her bosses are also abusive, ignorant, and subversive to America.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Rafe
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Rafe »

I... I have no words. Now the small .223 bullet can literally shred an animal that averages 203 pounds (male white tail can go up to a little over 400 pounds). Do people like Behar and Sheila Jackson Lee get together and pre-plan these astoundingly stupid proclamations? How does that work?

Dear Joy: Here's an infographic for you that includes the .223 among numerous other rifle cartridges and shows the suitability of each for different types of game (courtesy of Sportsman's Warehouse).

You are correct about one thing, though, and that's that no knowledgeable hunter would use an AR-15 to hunt any deer in North America. Not because it "would basically demolish" the animal, but because it's too underpowered for the job. Maybe if you were hunting Indian Hog deer in Asia. Those only weigh up to about 80 pounds and stand 14 inches high. An AR-15 would probably be a humane enough tool for those.

“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

eyedoc

Post by eyedoc »

Well, this is what everyone knows the AR15 does to a person.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

I had to freeze-frame to get an idea of the size of that artillery shell. If the dummy--meaning the target in the video, not Joy Behar, though I understand why the statement would be confusing--is to scale, that looks like a bloomin' 203mm cannon shell! If the dummy (again, not Joy Behar) isn't quite full-size, maybe it's a 155mm.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

It would be easier to catalog the things Joy Behar has said that are accurate and true than the stupid things.

But, she may be referring to the elusive.223/50, you know the one with the .223 bullet imbedded in the hollow point of a .50 caliber round. :biggrinjester:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Joy actually knows what she’s talking about this time, as the tweet below can attest:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Crash

Post by Crash »

Unfortunately, most of the people who watch "The View" don't know anymore about guns, cartridges, and game than Behar does, so they probably believe her. Has Fox News jumped on this and called Behar out to publicly defend her ridiculous statement?

Crash

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

She's almost right. If you shoot a deer with an AR-15 and you have poor shot placement, you won't be able to eat it because you'll never find it. It will have run far and wide before it finally dies.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:00 pm Joy actually knows what she’s talking about this time, as the tweet below can attest:
No, no. That was a negligent discharge from the extremely powerful .45 ACP round. Had it been a .223 fired out of an AR-15, the whole block would be a crater...
:biggrinjester:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:00 pm Joy actually knows what she’s talking about this time, as the tweet below can attest:
Wow! I was planning on using my AR15 this year for deer hunting. I'll stick with my puny .270 Winchester. But the land owner wants to dig a new lake; I'll just take it along to help him with that so he won't have to rent heavy equipment.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Return to “Off-Topic”