North Dallas Crime Stoppers appears to be $5M slush fund!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

North Dallas Crime Stoppers appears to be $5M slush fund!

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://www.fox4news.com/news/north-tex ... estigation

North Dallas Crime Stoppers holds itself out to offer large rewards for citizens who call in tips to get bad guys arrested.
During 2023, a young couple spotted a child rapist that Dallas PD was looking for. They called 911 and Dallas PD swarmed the DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) bus, boarded it, and arrested the perp without a shot being fired.

The couple called Crime Stoppers to get their reward. Crime Stoppers stiffed them, refusing to pay. Rationale: they had called 911 instead of the Crime Stoppers number. If they had dug up the Crime Stoppers phone #, the rapist would have gotten away. An anonymous citizen intervened, and paid the couple with the money that Crime Stoppers should have awarded.

Fox4 Dallas conducted a lot of research, found above in the top link here. Crime Stoppers is funded by the courts in 3 North Texas counties: Dallas, Collin, and Grayson. Some years ago the fund contained some $2.nnn million. Currently it has about $4.99 million. The fund is run by a married couple, they have no significant internal controls, and make few payouts to citizens. No one in the court or police systems seems to know what is going on.

The program, IMHO, appears to be a $5,000,000 slush fund for the people who run it.

https://www.fox4news.com/video/1391389

The 2nd link, above, is Dallas police chief Eddie Garcia, commenting on the Crime Stoppers issue.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Off-Topic”