Can the USPS get any worse?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 6

Can the USPS get any worse?

Post by puma guy »

I have several packages in route via the USPS. Earliest mailing was on January 8, 2024 from CDDN firearms. Several from Ebay including one mailed the same day. All say delivery date unknown on my Informed Delivery app. One item from Blanco, Texas was mailed Jan 12 and arrived at the North Houston Distribution Center on Jan 13 at 7:28AM and I'm still waiting (see below) (BTW there's only one distribution center for Houston, so the "North" location is superfluous.) One item just stopped getting updates, simply says "Arriving late" . Yeah like two weeks so far! I have had problems with even Certified Mail w/return receipt requested that simply disappeared at the local post office in Florida and my local PO just shrugged it off when I made inquiry.
It's gotten ridiculous.
Here's the tracking and circuitous movement the USPS has given the package from Blanco.TX. Quite a ride. Read from bottom to top.

Moving Through Network

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
FT WORTH TX PACKAGE SORTING CENTER
January 22, 2024, 3:33 am

Processing at USPS Facility
PORT NECHES, TX 77651
January 20, 2024, 8:46 am

Arrived at Post Office
PORT NECHES, TX 77651
January 20, 2024, 8:32 am

In Transit to Next Facility
January 19, 2024

Departed USPS Regional Facility
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 15, 2024, 8:30 am

Departed USPS Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032
January 14, 2024, 12:26 pm

Arrived at USPS Destination Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032
January 13, 2024, 2:48 pm

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 13, 2024, 7:28 am

Departed USPS Regional Facility
AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 13, 2024, 3:49 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
AUSTIN TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 12, 2024, 11:10 pm

Departed Post Office
BLANCO, TX 78606
January 12, 2024, 4:44 pm

USPS picked up item
BLANCO, TX 78606
January 12, 2024, 2:49 pm

Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BLANCO, TX 78606
January 12, 2024, 11:14 am
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can the USPS get any worse?

Post by srothstein »

Be careful with the title of the thread. The USPS may see it and take it as a challenge.

But if it goes back to Blanco, I can pick it up for you and run it to Houston area when I visit my daughter (almost any weekend).
Steve Rothstein

LDB415
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LDB415 »

We had the same "late arrival" issue. My local PO said there was some mechanical disaster in Missouri City causing Friendswood mail to just sit. We finally got delivery 9 days late.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

SigSour

Post by SigSour »

Shipped Jan 4. It's been sitting in Houston 5 days so far. 5 others have been 14+ days and counting...

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

USPS is a sore subject with me.

I have had 2 packages on 2 different deliveries that were shown to be delivered, both coming to my office. Neither were delivered to me or my office. Both showed to be signed by someone (same person both times) but they don't work here. I filed a missing package claim both times and both times after about a week, they said they were delivered. I appealed both times and told them the times they say they were delivered, I was there in full view of the front door and postal slot (which the packages wouldn't fit through). I can only assume that now there is a thief delivering our mail that needed some Christmas gifts. I have contacted the postal inspector but nothing has been done. I couldn't even file the insurance claim because "they" determined the packages were delivered. :banghead: :mad5 :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

txpilot

Post by txpilot »

Same problem here. I had a package from Chicago area which was sent of January 2. Informed delivery showed it reached Indianapolis of Feb 4 and then just sat there until I filed a complaint. It then suddenly started showing "In transit to next facility" on a daily basis until Jan 9, when the tracking messages stopped. I filed another complaint (since the first one got closed with a "It's on it way and some of our facilities are having problems" response) and they re-opened my case on January 18.

Finally got a text yesterday of a package delivered "In or at mailbox" and lo and behold the package arrived - 20 days after it was shipped.

Went back to check informed delivery and it finally showed arrival at the local post office and the delivery - but prior to that entry, the only listings were the "In transit" message and the "Received" message from Indianapolis of Jan 4.

Amazing!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

USPS almost lost my Christmas card order (~2 weeks late) and I was deeply concerned yesterday when my passport renewal was showing overdue by nearly a week (fortunately it was delivered only a day late, but USPS tracking utterly failed)

Don't get me started on the guy who can't pick up letters out of my mailbox and disappearing USPS drop-boxes...

I don't understand why USPS can't be privatized?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

It isn't just packages. Simple birthday cards sent to my kids from Killeen, 7 days to Denton (a three hour drive) and 10 days to Kansas City. Cards to my Daughter in Bonn, Germany only take 7-10 days through the APO system.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

srothstein wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:47 pm Be careful with the title of the thread. The USPS may see it and take it as a challenge.

But if it goes back to Blanco, I can pick it up for you and run it to Houston area when I visit my daughter (almost any weekend).
Thank you for that offer. I may take you up on it. I have two other items coming from the same person, so we'll see what happens with them. It would be nice to put a face with a name.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

philip964

Post by philip964 »

LDB415 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:23 pm We had the same "late arrival" issue. My local PO said there was some mechanical disaster in Missouri City causing Friendswood mail to just sit. We finally got delivery 9 days late.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ck-inside/
They just had a TV news story this morning about Missouri City and the problems they were having. Showed a picture of open doors at a warehouse with thousands and thousands of boxes, packages and mail, some had Amazon logos. Apparently this was all stuff that was suppose to go somewhere and was just sitting in the warehouse.

Garbage and recycling pick up is continuing to be irregular in Houston as well. Now the mail. Great. Water rates have skyrocketed, air travel seems to be having problems as well. (google our local rino US house representative) HISD is under state control. The whole of society seems to be limping along since Covid. Institutions you counted on are deteriorating.

On the plus side, glad I can still get food at the local supermarket, gas prices are lower and power didnt go off during our freeze.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grayling813 »

Seems like every time there is a USPS rate increase the service gets worse. I’ll pay extra for shipping orders via a carrier other than USPS.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

And lest we forget, the sole and only standard for sending written, legal communications is the good ol' USPS...just like it's still 1980. I've been waiting on something I expected to have been sent by a district court (HOA dispute matter) right at the first of January. Can't look it up online; after calling a half-dozen times, a court clerk finally it was mailed; and yet...nada. At least 20 days later. No recourse. They won't send communications any other way.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

USPS needs to go private, it's a waste of money.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... this-week/

30 mailmen coming to fix the problem.

Sidro
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Sidro »

Have a small envelope style package coming to Vernon, Tx maybe. Left Oklahoma City 3 hrs away and showed up in Mira Loma, CA. Left there and next stop was Phoenix, AZ. Left there and where it shows up next is anyones guess.
Last edited by Sidro on Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”