Texas Rebellion?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 7

Texas Rebellion?

Post by Grayling813 »

Texas Rebellion? by T.L. Davis
https://tldavis.substack.com/p/texas-rebellion
The issues in Texas have much greater consequence than a mere state’s rights issue. It is a question of national legitimacy. Is the Constitution the legal and rightful expression of American government or is America now simply a mass of lawless land? Is the president a dictator who can ignore the laws passed by congress, invite thousands of terrorists and foreign armies in without consequence, or is he bound by the laws as much as the states and the people? When will the people punish him for this lawlessness?
With that as a backdrop, here are Governor Abbott’s words:

“The federal government has broken the compact between the United States and the States. The Executive Branch of the United States has a constitutional duty to enforce federal laws protecting States, including immigration laws on the books right now.”
Abbott's letter:

stever1950
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Rebellion?

Post by stever1950 »

Best thing I have ever read!
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paladin »

Democrats Want Biden To Take "Federal Control" Of The Texas National Guard

Infowars is showing a lot of states are supporting Texas
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Trump calls for all 'willing' states to deploy National Guard to Texas border and start the deportations
Many state governors have called to support Texas in the border crisis.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Constitutional States of America.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

the park the feds want..could be our modern battle of san jacinto
biden should maybe read the history books

this time it wont be santa anna that gets the short end , it will be the feds

as a native texan

i say COME AND TAKE IT uncle joe
if uncle biden federalizes texas guard in order to remove them from abbots control, i think it shall not go over well at ALL

The governor, should also follow through with removing all fed agents from our borders as they are criminals engaged in human trafficking and failure to uphold law
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:44 pm Texas Rebellion? by T.L. Davis
https://tldavis.substack.com/p/texas-rebellion
The issues in Texas have much greater consequence than a mere state’s rights issue. It is a question of national legitimacy. Is the Constitution the legal and rightful expression of American government or is America now simply a mass of lawless land? Is the president a dictator who can ignore the laws passed by congress, invite thousands of terrorists and foreign armies in without consequence, or is he bound by the laws as much as the states and the people? When will the people punish him for this lawlessness?
With that as a backdrop, here are Governor Abbott’s words:

“The federal government has broken the compact between the United States and the States. The Executive Branch of the United States has a constitutional duty to enforce federal laws protecting States, including immigration laws on the books right now.”
Abbott's letter:
every-time i have read this today it gives me a sense of pride knowing our state is saying COME AND TAKE IT uncle joe :thumbs2:
no more tyranny under the feds
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Tipping Point
http://frankclarke.dx.am/TipPtPage.html
In a nation plagued by fractious and partisan politics, any conflict, any disagreement can be the match that starts the fuse burning. Once lit, the fuse may burn too fast for anyone to stop it.

When a gruesome mass-shooting at an upscale high school prompts a call for the repeal of the 2nd amendment to the U.S. Constitution (the right to keep and bear arms) a handful of states dig their heels in, refusing to allow the Bill of Rights to be foreshortened. Parliamentary maneuvering gives way to raw politics as Texas, the only state whose annexation agreement allows it, attempts to split itself five ways in order to provide additional states to vote against repeal, and the opposing faction moves to prevent it.

A Constitutional crisis erupts when Texas and a dozen other states secede from the Union in protest, sparking a second Civil War.

With most of the nation's military deployed on foreign battlefields, the fighting on the home front to prevent or support the secession is state-vs.-state, town-against-town, and door-to-door, with foreign governments being dragged into the maelstrom caused by the breakdown of traditional partnerships. The armed forces, itself a homogeneous mix of both factions, is forced to deal with soldiers who now may or may not be reliable, with no way to predict who is and who isn't.

Misstep upon misstep, the two sides edge ever closer to the lip of the nuclear cliff.

Don't miss out on what others have called 'an engrossing read'. Order your copy now from Author House by clicking on this link.
https://www.authorhouse.com/en/bookstor ... ping-Point

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

The Texas Minuteman morale patch. I've bought a quite a few of their patches. Great Texas company!
https://weaponized.design/products/the- ... pify_email

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:40 am The Texas Minuteman morale patch. I've bought a quite a few of their patches. Great Texas company!

I wish shipping and tax didn't double the price...
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

stever1950 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:53 pm Best thing I have ever read!
Yeah pretty close.

Topic author
Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:27 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:40 am The Texas Minuteman morale patch. I've bought a quite a few of their patches. Great Texas company!

I wish shipping and tax didn't double the price...
I know, I usually buy several at a time since the price to ship several is basically the same as shipping one.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

There’s a thread running on X/Twitter keeping track of the states that have signed on to Abbott's letter, and here’s a map of those states. Also, I believe that Kentucky has signed on since this image was made:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”