Texas Rebellion?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Rebellion?

Post by TexasFlash »

Abbot should use this map as reference on where to send the buses....green marks the spot! :txflag:

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

this states in red control what...90% of fossil fuel and 80% of sea ports

we could do some damage . :biggrinjester:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

powerboatr wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:01 pm this states in red control what...90% of fossil fuel and 80% of sea ports

And the map looks to be very different than the one hypothesized in the new movie Civil War (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17279496/? ... il%2520war). I don't know if I'll ever consider watching it. The writer and director is a Londoner who decided to make a movie about a near-future U.S. civil war, and he has Texas and California as the two big soulmate cornerstones of the rebellion. Say what? Can you see Abbott and Newsome getting all BFF? :???:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by powerboatr »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:06 pm
powerboatr wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:01 pm this states in red control what...90% of fossil fuel and 80% of sea ports

And the map looks to be very different than the one hypothesized in the new movie Civil War (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17279496/? ... il%2520war). I don't know if I'll ever consider watching it. The writer and director is a Londoner who decided to make a movie about a near-future U.S. civil war, and he has Texas and California as the two big soulmate cornerstones of the rebellion. Say what? Can you see Abbott and Newsome getting all BFF? :???:
newsome NO WAY
he is far to gone.. interesting plot twist it would be, add in the sea ports of CA,
and i forget all the military bases, that would be stationed in the new republic, we would need to negotiate new agreements and RENTS

i posted this at the other site when they asked about if military in texas would support abbott or biden
there are so many moving parts and IMO some could be very very dicey to muddle through

as far as active duty in texas
thats a hard one to really define a clear answer

as a military person you are not bound to follow illegal or unlawful orders. for me i only saw this once in 22 years a full on rebuke of a leader and the xo invoking a power to remove said CO by his unlawful actions. IT WAS UGLY UGLY UGLY not as bad as the submarine movie with denzel. but still a tense period of time and even more tense when we returned to home port.

would the active duty leaders in Texas use the unlawful orders as a reason to deny following secretary Austin's orders to do something to texans , of which i have no idea what that would be? would they refuse to engage? that would be the smart call, but will high ranking officers risk a court martial or worse? good question....my guess is NO, since we are cluttered with diversity appointments (thanks clinton and obama)? not to be mis understood, but we have many appointed to high positions that simply are not there because of their strong merit or skills

can the military take gov abbott? not without some very tense moments and possibly causalities of which neither side would really want . it would become a full on show post haste. i imagine the pile of bodies may be a hard pill for the rest of the world to swallow...biden has no idea and would say somethign stupid about beer or swimming.

would this spark ignite a full on civil war? i like to think not, but hey its 2024, and referencing a comedian, ( in the 80s ladies had a full bush area, the 90s, a landing strip, the 2000s, just bare place, 2024...they got penises ) , i tried to be non banned in my language.
there are hardcore people that are simply ready to start shooting, those are the ones we should be concerned about.

would they(military) try to support federal officers at the park, that is clearly TEXAS property and not the federal boundary zone?
again, that could be a deadly standoff and we could have the proverbial shot heard round the world incident.
would be it become a full on shiiiitt show right after? you bet

would the states supporting texas, really put people i harms way to defend texas? I seriously doubt a major movement of armed forces would occur, as they are all really bound to the U.S. , texas is not. despite the pundits, we can leave the united states, ....would that happen? doubtful, as the texas congress would have a hard time with the lack of backbone members. repubs still majority, but its slim and the speaker is rino. plus the modern day issues to resolve would almost guarantee 95% not to happen.

then would biden to try to recall all of us retired military? hmmm that would be a tough cookie.

but again...we are at a precipice that our country has not wandered into before.
you know mexico had a problem with non mexicans in mexico....it spurred the alamo, san jacinto etc. that was a full on game of massive death.

abbott, could ramp up and do a few more E.O.'s that are within his rights and would send biden into a full on panic

1. stop collecting any and all federal excise taxes on fuels, etc sold in Texas. write it in that we are under invasion and we shall not be paying any losses in future.
i am sure biden would sue, but ok.

2. STOP any and all federal transportation of illegals, criminal aliens, etc on any and all texas property. remember the border zone is claimed as federal....not the streets around these areas. same as entry to airports...we control the ground leading to them. texas also controls FUEL deliveries to all airports, so hmm fed planes no fuel. this would also include all military bases.

3. do not allow any federal agency or officers to use texas roads to get to border, or leave. yes they have a few federal highways but these can be controlled at exits.

4. arrest any and all federal officers at the border not complying with laws of texas or feds regarding migrants and illegal crossings, all illegal crossers go straight to jail, and deport in 48 hrs

biden would respond by stopping all federal highway road work in the state...GOOD or BAD it is what it is.

texas has options, 5k to 8 k ilegal crossing per day to be dispatched across our land is UNACCEPTABLE, as is paying mexico or others

we need stop allowing UN to fund the mass migrations as well through NGOs
texas can audit everyone of them in texas and do whats needed.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

New Texas flag:

https://www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets ... 410614.jpg

Sorry, image will not imbed.

philip964
Posts in topic: 2

Post by philip964 »

https://x.com/bpunion/status/1750942606274797850?s=46

Border Patrol Union sides with Abbott and Texas.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/5d9adk/ ... ationalism

Northerners like during the Alamo headed South to Texas’s aid.

A trucker convoy.

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Grayling813 »

Rafe wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:06 pm

The Obamas are behind that propaganda.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

We all know what’s wrong with CA & NM, but does Arizona like all the illegals or what? Even for a Democrat that can’t be good for your state. I guess party before state or people.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Paladin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paladin »

WAYNE ROOT: This is THE Most Dangerous Moment in America’s History. We are All Texans Now.
At this moment in time, Texas holds the future of America in its hands. Biden (and his boss Obama) will do anything to stop Texas. Can Texas stand up to the president, the federal government, and the Supreme Court? Can they show red Republican states how to block the foreign invasion? Can they keep America safe until the cavalry (Trump) rides in? Our future rides on Texas.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:19 pm WAYNE ROOT: This is THE Most Dangerous Moment in America’s History. We are All Texans Now.
At this moment in time, Texas holds the future of America in its hands. Biden (and his boss Obama) will do anything to stop Texas. Can Texas stand up to the president, the federal government, and the Supreme Court? Can they show red Republican states how to block the foreign invasion? Can they keep America safe until the cavalry (Trump) rides in? Our future rides on Texas.
Lol...Trump the cavalry? No one is coming to save us.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rafe »

powerboatr wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:04 pm as a military person you are not bound to follow illegal or unlawful orders. for me i only saw this once in 22 years a full on rebuke of a leader and the xo invoking a power to remove said CO by his unlawful actions. IT WAS UGLY UGLY UGLY not as bad as the submarine movie with denzel. but still a tense period of time and even more tense when we returned to home port.
Only sort of topic-related, but since you served our country with over two decades in the Navy, yet another sign of the times:

Navy to allow those without high school diploma or GED to enlist
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-nav ... to-enlist/
The Navy said Friday that it will allow those without a high school diploma to enlist as long as they score a 50 or higher on the Armed Forces Qualification Test that all prospects must take, the latest move to boost recruitment in the face of an historic recruiting crisis reverberating across the services....

To date, the Navy is the only military branch currently seeking to recruit those without a high school diploma or GED as it works to expand the number of eligible candidates to join the service amid an historically challenging recruiting environment.
All branches of the armed services are facing recruitment problems big-time. In 2022, the Navy did meet its active duty enlistment target, but it had to deplete its "Delayed Entry Program" pool to the lowest level for that program in 40 years to accomplish it. They didn't have that resource to pull on in 2023, and they fell short by almost 7,500 for active duty, and just over 1,000 short for reserve enlistments. They also fell almost 500 short of the goal for recruiting active duty officers.

With ideology being the primary required qualification leading to a cadre of politicized appointments at the tops of the military food chains, and with continuing loosening of both physical and mental criteria for new active duty recruits--and still falling short of all goals to get people into the armed forces--well, this ain't the military we once had.
C-dub wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:13 pm I guess party before state or people.
That right there is the root cause of the main problem we have in politics in this country today. What is actually best for the people and the Republic comes in at a distant priority compared to personal ambition and party ideology for 90% of the people in the Beltway and in state government.

Case in point, within the past 10 days the big talking point echoing across the dems--by everyone from Newsome to Schumer to Kamala-haha--is that the despicable Ultra Maga Republicans have been the cause of the border crisis all along, that they wanted and promoted all the illegal immigration because it serves them as a talking point for the 2024 election. That the Biden administration would have had all this under complete control if not for Republicans blocking their attempts at every turn.

Really? To echo my least favorite president of all time, "Come on, man!"
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:05 am
Paladin wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:19 pm WAYNE ROOT: This is THE Most Dangerous Moment in America’s History. We are All Texans Now.
Yeah, I agree. What’s the acronym…TINVOWOOT? There is no voting our way out of this? RIGHT NOW, at this present time in which we are living at this moment, is absolutely the most dangerous time we’ve been in post-WW2. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK's personal estimate of the risk that it would escalate into a nuclear exchange ran as high as 50/50. What was different back then? We were far more united as a people then, and even the most disenfranchised among us back then were still willing to serve the country in our military. Yes, we had racial tensions, and a few years later, anti-war tensions. But taken as a whole, the American people were WAY more unified than they are now. The dollar wasn’t being threatened with discontinuation as the basis for world currency exchange. The inmates were not yet in control of the asylum. Hell, even most of the congressional Democrats were strongly anti-communist. JFK himself was a life member of the NRA, and rabidly anti-communist.

That’s all gone down the drain now, and we have a presidential administration, headed up by a senile old puppet who is serving as the public face of a consortium of some truly radical people. How the hell else can you explain a VERY radical far leftist like Karine Jean-Pierre as the administration’s mouthpiece?

Honestly, I believe that the odds of recovery from this are lower than 50/50, no matter who gets elected as POTUS, Trump included. If you want to know where I think we’re headed, try reading Kurt Schlichter’s latest book, "The Attack."
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmra

Post by jmra »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 am
Grayling813 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:05 am
Yeah, I agree. What’s the acronym…TINVOWOOT? There is no voting our way out of this? RIGHT NOW, at this present time in which we are living at this moment, is absolutely the most dangerous time we’ve been in post-WW2. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, JFK's personal estimate of the risk that it would escalate into a nuclear exchange ran as high as 50/50. What was different back then? We were far more united as a people then, and even the most disenfranchised among us back then were still willing to serve the country in our military. Yes, we had racial tensions, and a few years later, anti-war tensions. But taken as a whole, the American people were WAY more unified than they are now. The dollar wasn’t being threatened with discontinuation as the basis for world currency exchange. The inmates were not yet in control of the asylum. Hell, even most of the congressional Democrats were strongly anti-communist. JFK himself was a life member of the NRA, and rabidly anti-communist.

That’s all gone down the drain now, and we have a presidential administration, headed up by a senile old puppet who is serving as the public face of a consortium of some truly radical people. How the hell else can you explain a VERY radical far leftist like Karine Jean-Pierre as the administration’s mouthpiece?

Honestly, I believe that the odds of recovery from this are lower than 50/50, no matter who gets elected as POTUS, Trump included. If you want to know where I think we’re headed, try reading Kurt Schlichter’s latest book, "The Attack."
Well said. As a father of a 22 and 24 year olds, I’m very concerned about their future.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

The major factor in Texas ever seceding from the US is the fact that virtually everything that happens in Texas is controlled by the four big liberal Democrat population centers: Austin, San antonio, DFW and Houston. These four big liberal cesspools will always have a death grip on state events, regardless of how the other 99.99% of the state feels.
-Ruark

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

Ruark wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:21 pm The major factor in Texas ever seceding from the US is the fact that virtually everything that happens in Texas is controlled by the four big liberal Democrat population centers: Austin, San antonio, DFW and Houston. These four big liberal cesspools will always have a death grip on state events, regardless of how the other 99.99% of the state feels.
The major factor in Texas ever seceding from the US is that it would be sheer foolishness.

Every time there is a kerfuffle with the FedMob all kinds of sillies come out of the woodwork yapping "secession!"

I've found that there are several camps who promote such a move - the clueless who have no depth of understanding as to what they are even asking for, what consequences that would entail, and those who DO know and are only interested in positioning themselves to personally, professionally or politically exploit it for their own gain and advantage.

And of those parties I have yet to find any of them who could articulate what the upside would be for Texas isolating itself off as a foreign nation, to be precariously sandwiched between two other less than friendly ones.

Nor has anyone provided a concise prospectus for what the establishment and administration of commerce, civil rights, defense, education, energy, finance, foreign relations policy would even look like. Nothing, absolutely nothing but slogans. In this case a dream without a tangible plan is worse than just being a wish, it's a dangerous mirage.
There are absolutely no guarantees that a just system of governance that could exceed that which was found in the United States would be competently adopted. Factionalization and outside interference would be overwhelming.

Secession means all ties are severed - the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights no longer apply, all regulations & policies whether good or bad are suspended and there can be no more seamless coordination with or assistance from other states to Texas, valuable assistance which at this time comprises about half the US.

It's worthy of note that Governor Abbott's letter of 24 January establishing jurisdiction for action at the border referred to a Constitution as authority for his actions. Not the Texas Constitution, or Texas law, not international law or something from the United Nations. THE Constitution, the US Constitution. Words mean things.

There's a rather ancient concept most commonly phrased as "united we stand, divided we fall", which is true more than ever, since secession has already been long occurring in various jurisdictions who resist if not outright disregard the observation and practice of the US Constitution and established law, going their own ways and making up crap as they do.

The breakup of the United states is already well under way, the question is how far will it go, how bad it will get, and will Texas be the linchpin in holding what is left of Constitutional America together, if not being the factor in a miracle of somehow reestablishing it fully.
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Return to “Off-Topic”