Lakewood Church

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Lakewood Church

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... od-church/

Shooting reported near Lakewood Church.

1 shot. Shooter down. Breaking. Not a good spot for a shooting on Sunday.

Very large law enforcement and press response.

Hopefully everything is ok.

Shooter a woman who brought a child with her along with a trench coat and a rifle. Woman killed by off duty police, child severely wounded. One bystander wounded.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Lakewood Church

Post by Rafe »

Supposedly almost 2,000 people were present. If true, leads me to believe the female shooter got off no more than one or two rounds before being put down. She was wearing a trench coat and evidently claimed she also had a bomb. No explosives were subsequently found.

It seems uncertain as of now whether she shot the 5-year-old that was with her, or whether the child was hit by fire from the off-duty officers.

Judge Lina "Dora the Explorer" Hidalgo announced that she wants the incident investigated as a hate crime. Her only basis for this seems to be that the shots were fired before the start of the day's Spanish-language services.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

J.R.@A&M
Posts in topic: 1

Post by J.R.@A&M »

"female" shooter
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texa ... 662859.php

Yes the "female shooter" previously identified as Jeff.

"Free Palestine" written on rifle.

Trifecta if a Brandon supporter.
Last edited by philip964 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

And extreme liberal Dora the Explorer may almost instantly regret her accusation of a possible hate crime because--oops!--the shooter seems to have come from the wrong political side of the spectrum. May not fit the "racist ultra-MAGA" imagining after all...

Lakewood Church shooter had pro-Palestinian message written on gun, sources tell ABC News
https://abc13.com/lakewood-church-shoot ... /14414345/
A pro-Palestinian message was written on the gun used by a woman accused of firing rounds at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church on Sunday, two sources briefed on the preliminary investigation told ABC News....

Detectives believe as many as 12 shots were fired, and investigators are actively reviewing a history of arrests they believe the suspect has on her record....

Houston police said the woman, who had a 5-year-old boy with her, walked inside Lakewood Church at 1:53 p.m. Sunday, wearing a trench coat and armed with a long rifle. She reportedly started shooting immediately.

A Houston police officer and a TABC agent who were working off-duty inside the church quickly returned fire, killing the woman.

As the woman went down, officers reported that she threatened to have a bomb. Officers with the bomb squad searched her car and backpack and found no explosives.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Rafe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:55 amIt seems uncertain as of now whether she shot the 5-year-old that was with her, or whether the child was hit by fire from the off-duty officers.
I have been wondering this exact question. I am not in any way condemning the officers involved, but I am pretty sure that the bullets that struck the child will later be revealed as coming from the officers. I have been curious about this and thinking this way from the way all of the articles are just saying the child was shot. Are the police keeping from the media who shot the child as a way to stop blaming them for it? Is the media hiding it to assist the police (I find that hard to believe)? Or did the female shoot the child and the media are quiet to avoid making her look even more evil?

BTW, the article I read today said that the story of her being trans gender is wrong. She was a biological woman and the mother of the boy hit. It also said the boy was 7, not 5, and the message on the rifle (and AR-15, was just "Palestine" and not "Free Palestine". It did say the woman had a long criminal history and used to identify as Jeffrey. I guess she was trans but de-transitioned and still had mental health problems.

And, the woman was from Honduras, had a long criminal record here, with convictions for forgery and assault on a police officer around 2010. That means the gun was obviously illegally obtained somewhere. It also means she should have been deported long ago as an alien with violent felony convictions. Let me see if I can remember which party was in charge of INS back then and could control whether the criminal got deported or not. Oh yeah, that was during the Obama administration.
Steve Rothstein

seph

Post by seph »

srothstein wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:25 pm
Rafe wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:55 amIt seems uncertain as of now whether she shot the 5-year-old that was with her, or whether the child was hit by fire from the off-duty officers.
I have been wondering this exact question. I am not in any way condemning the officers involved, but I am pretty sure that the bullets that struck the child will later be revealed as coming from the officers. I have been curious about this and thinking this way from the way all of the articles are just saying the child was shot. Are the police keeping from the media who shot the child as a way to stop blaming them for it? Is the media hiding it to assist the police (I find that hard to believe)? Or did the female shoot the child and the media are quiet to avoid making her look even more evil?

BTW, the article I read today said that the story of her being trans gender is wrong. She was a biological woman and the mother of the boy hit. It also said the boy was 7, not 5, and the message on the rifle (and AR-15, was just "Palestine" and not "Free Palestine". It did say the woman had a long criminal history and used to identify as Jeffrey. I guess she was trans but de-transitioned and still had mental health problems.

And, the woman was from Honduras, had a long criminal record here, with convictions for forgery and assault on a police officer around 2010. That means the gun was obviously illegally obtained somewhere. It also means she should have been deported long ago as an alien with violent felony convictions. Let me see if I can remember which party was in charge of INS back then and could control whether the criminal got deported or not. Oh yeah, that was during the Obama administration.
Where did you see Honduras? The info I've seen is she was born in El Salvador.
Let's go Brandon! "rlol"

AF-Odin

Post by AF-Odin »

Local media out of Temple was rather emphatic that the rifle was purchased "Legally" in December. If she had the convictions as stated in a number of sources, WHERE was the rifle purchased and WHAT ID was used for NICS?
AF-Odin
Texas LTC, SSC & FRC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor & RSO
NRA & TSRA Life Member

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... o-son.html

Was a woman. Crazy. Terrorized neighbors. Neighbors tried to get anyone to do something. May have harmed child to spite father.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Yep. She definitely doesn't fit the desired leftist narrative. Sorry, Lina; sorry Uncle Joe; sorry Chucky Schumer. I'm actually a little surprised that I'm not seeing more willful suppression of the news about this. Or maybe I am and just don't know it.

From an ABC News update a few hours ago:

Suspected Lakewood Church shooter Genesse Moreno had criminal history, mental health issues, documents say
https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-lak ... =107179259
The past of Genesse Ivonne Moreno, the suspected Lakewood Church shooter, includes a turbulent marriage, a contentious divorce, allegations of child and spousal abuse, a checkered criminal record and a well-documented history of mental health issues, according to an ABC News review of documents and records....

Moreno, 36, has used "multiple aliases," including "Jeffrey Escalante," Christopher Hassig, heading the investigation for the Houston Police Department, told reporters Monday. Although it appears she has gone by "both male and female names" in the past, investigators' interviews and documents connected to her life so far show Moreno "has been identified this entire time as female," Hassig said....

"She is a diagnosed schizophrenic and [Child Protective Services] has told her that she cannot have a gun," he said. "I am afraid of her having my address. She has guns and she brags about it while having my son in the car." [said Moreno's ex-husband Enrique Carranza]....

In January 2020, Moreno "pulled an unlocked and loaded gun from underneath a seat in the car and pointed it at the head" of Carranza, "only hours after a first unlocked and loaded handgun was found" by their then-3-year-old son "in his own diaper bag," according to the ex-mother-in-law's affidavit....

The mother-in-law's affidavit also suggests that Moreno should not have been able to own a gun, claiming that under an alias, Moreno had been under involuntary psychiatric commitment at least four times....

Her son "has been reticent to file the criminal charges against his wife; now his former wife because, as she is not a US citizen," the mother-in-law's affidavit said, and "as she already has had criminal convictions, she would likely be deported if convicted of the 3rd degree felony that stems from filing a fraudulent birth certificate....

Among her charges are an Aug. 2009 assault, for which she was sentenced to 180 days in Harris County Jail for kicking a detention officer; a May 2010 charge for forgery, for which she was sentenced to two days in Harris County Jail for trying to use a counterfeit $100 bill; a Nov. 2010 charge for theft, for which she was sentenced to 30 days in Harris County Jail for stealing hats and makeup; a Dec. 2010 charge for evading arrest, for which she was sentenced to 75 days in Harris County Jail; and a June 2022 charge for unlawful carrying of a weapon, which is still an active case.
So, yeah. Not exactly the poster child of "Republican ultra-MAGA" that the left probably wanted. And also yeah: there is no way the rifle she used at Lakewood Church was legally obtained.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paladin »

seemingly using a 7-year-old child as a human shield has been identified as a woman named Genesse Moreno, who police said also identified as a man named Jeffrey Escalante.

My hats off to the officers who stopped the murderer. I think they did extremely well in a horrific situation where the child was being used as a human shield.

May that wicked whatever it calls itself burn in hell.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/joel-osteen-l ... =107203685

Really sad story. I hope the kid makes it without life changing injuries. Mother in law was a rabbi. Apparently her mental illness was well known.

I also read some where she was undocumented. Her mother went to Lakewood at the Spanish language service. Lina’s hate crime may be premature.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Rafe wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:54 am Yep. She definitely doesn't fit the desired leftist narrative. Sorry, Lina; sorry Uncle Joe; sorry Chucky Schumer. I'm actually a little surprised that I'm not seeing more willful suppression of the news about this. Or maybe I am and just don't know it.

From an ABC News update a few hours ago:

Suspected Lakewood Church shooter Genesse Moreno had criminal history, mental health issues, documents say
https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspected-lak ... =107179259

We probably are seeing a willful suppression of the news and eventually, MSM will report it was a LEO that shot the child no matter who actually was at fault.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

A few more details regarding the linkage between shooter & church.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Paladin »

Mike S wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:29 am

A few more details regarding the linkage between shooter & church.
Schizophrenia explains a lot. There is nothing the church could do for her. Whoever awarded her custody of the child should be removed from the court. The child's current medical condition is on them.

I'm guessing there were plenty of signs that the courts should have put this insane woman in custody long ago. Not all schizophrenics can be medicated and not all the ones who are medicated take their meds. While most schizophrenics would never do something like this, there are others that have:

Former Texas A&M, Skyline Wide Receiver Gets Life for White Rock Machete Murder

I'm guessing Houston's Soros DA has a hand in Lakewood Church shooting. Keeping the shooter out of prison or keeping their criminal record clean so that the shooter could purchase a firearm. Maybe both.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”