On this day the Alamo fell

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 1

On this day the Alamo fell

Post by puma guy »

On this day in 1836 the siege at the Alamo ended when 2,000 Mexican soldiers of Santa Anna's 3,100 assembled forces began their predawn attack killing all but a few noncombatants and a slave named Ben. The final moments of some of the defenders is contested, but the notion that some surrendered was refuted by a contemporary interview of Ben. This event triggered what became known as the "Runaway Scrape" as civilians and Sam Houston's army began an eastward trek. Santa Anna allowed the survivors to leave thinking they would tell of the battle and put fear into any who entertained furthering the rebellion. Of course history shows that didn't work out and Houston's retreat ended with the Battle of San Jacinto, which is but a short drive from my home. "Remember the Alamo" and "Remember Goliad" were the battle cries of that battle which was over in only 18 minutes with victory for the Army of Texas.

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

wheelgun1958
Posts in topic: 1

Re: On this day the Alamo fell

Post by wheelgun1958 »

Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad.

Return to “Off-Topic”