Russian helicopter defector killed by 6 rounds of 9x18 Makarov.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Russian helicopter defector killed by 6 rounds of 9x18 Makarov.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy3jnz/ ... shot-spain

In August 2023, a Russian helicopter pilot, working with the Ukrainians, defected.

The above link contains most of the details, but I have other details. Possibly from the NY Times article, which is a "pay" site.

The defector delivered his Mi-8 chopper to the Ukrainians, as well as some high tech gear he was supposed to be delivering inside Russia.

Although the Ukrainians with whom he was working knew that he was coming, some other Ukrainians fired on him when they saw him. These rounds didn't crash the chopper.

Upon landing, there is speculation as to how his 2 crew members died. They didn't know that the pilot was defecting.
Story 1 - Upon landing in Ukraine, they allegedly tried to run away, and were shot to death by Ukrainian forces.
Story 2 - The pilot murdered his 2 crew members inside the chopper.
Who knows what really happened?

The defector was given $500,00 USD and a new identity.
Mistake #1 - Although the Ukrainians could have keep him safer, he chose to move to a beachside town in Spain. This town is crawling with Soviet agents.

Mistake #2 - He used part of his payoff to buy a large black Mercedes (S550?). Very flashy.

Mistake #3 - He used to drink at a bar that was frequented by questionable Soviets.

Mistake #4 - He got in touch with a former girlfriend in Russia, apparently asking her to join him in Spain.

HOW IT WENT DOWN:
Soviet agents stole a white SUV in another Spanish town and parked it in the defector's parking garage at his apartment.
They were in place for hours before the defector showed up.
They shot him 6 times with a Makarov pistol. Cops knew this because the expended shells were 9x18. Most 9MM pistols are Luger 9x19 MM.
Although being hit with 6 rounds, he managed to run a little distance. The killers then purposely drove over him.
The getaway car was found torched.

Now that Putin killed him, one has to wonder how many other defectors will work with Ukraine.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Russian helicopter defector killed by 6 rounds of 9x18 Makarov.

Post by RoyGBiv »

Ukraine can't fix stupid
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”