the lawnmower deserved it, officer....

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
LedJedi
Posts in topic: 1

the lawnmower deserved it, officer....

Post by LedJedi »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25854715/
Cranky man shoots lawn mower for not starting
If convicted, Milwaukee resident faces $11,000 fine, prison time

MILWAUKEE - A Milwaukee man was accused of shooting his lawn mower because it wouldn't start. Keith Walendowski, 56, was charged with felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.

According to the criminal complaint, Walendowski said he was angry because his Lawn Boy wouldn't start Wednesday morning. He told police quote, "I can do that, it's my lawn mower and my yard so I can shoot it if I want."

A woman who lives at Walendowski's house reported the incident. She said he was intoxicated.

Walendowski could face up to an $11,000 fine and six years and three months in prison if convicted.

A call to Walendowski's home went unanswered Friday morning.
Last edited by LedJedi on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TexasComputerDude
Posts in topic: 3

Re: the lawnmower deserved it officer....

Post by TexasComputerDude »

not to say I'm crazy or anything, but I shot a car in my backyard once lol. We were trying to see if a .45 would go through a door, or an engine block.
Glock 30 - main ccw

Crossfire

Re: the lawnmower deserved it officer....

Post by Crossfire »

TexasComputerDude wrote:not to say I'm crazy or anything, but I shot a car in my backyard once lol. We were trying to see if a .45 would go through a door, or an engine block.
But, were you intoxicated?
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

TexasComputerDude

Re: the lawnmower deserved it, officer....

well, thank god for me, I never caught the drinking bug lol. I love me a Dr. Pepper or a coke. LOVE EM!
Glock 30 - main ccw

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

Aw cmon!

Cut the guy a break! We all have though of shooting the thing after spending 20 minutes yanking on that stupid cord

:lol:
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

TexasComputerDude

well considering my family owns a store that sells and repairs lawnmowers, I can honestly say I've never thought about breaking a mower lol.

Has anyone here ever shot anything out of anger or frustration?

I shot a all in one scanner/printer/fax. That thing was pure evil. (I threw it on the front lawn and unloaded 14 .45 rounds on it.)
Glock 30 - main ccw

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

I don't remember my grandfather, who died when I was less than 1 year old, but Dad told many stories about him. One of those was about a nesting mockingbird who swooped down and knocked off Grandpa's hat while he was mowing, then flew off to perch on a phone wire and proceed to... well, "mock" him.

Grandpa carried two things in his right front pocket: a switchblade knife (for which he had a special pocket sewn), and a .38 revolver. He pulled the .38 and emptied it at the mockingbird, who sat there continuing to mock him before flying away untouched.

That .38 was stolen, along with Grandpa's fiddle, while the house sat empty after his death. :sad: Ten years after he died, we move back and began renovating the place. I had his switchblade, which didn't exactly "switch" because the spring was broken, but it opened with a quick flick of the wrist while pushing the button.

I carried that knife every day to school, but snapped the blade off playing mumblypeg during lunch break. :oops: Yeah, it was a rural school in the '70s-'80s, so we did things like show off our knives, and have deer rifles in gun racks in the back windows of our pickups in the school parking lot.

But other than the family legend, I don't know of anyone just blasting an object out of frustration.

Rokyudai

Post by Rokyudai »

The title of the article should read: "Cranky man shoots lawnmower for bad haircut"

But seriously... :nono:
NRA Benefactor Member

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lunchbox »

this dude should have been sat in the drunk talk and made to cut the grass with a hangover
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

lunchbox wrote:this dude should have been sat in the drunk talk and made to cut the grass with a hangover
Oh! Now thats just mean :reddevil
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:
lunchbox wrote:this dude should have been sat in the drunk talk and made to cut the grass with a hangover
Oh! Now thats just mean :reddevil
i think its more fitting for the crime than a felony and 10-15 years in the joint dont you
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Judging by the photograph, he doesn't look like a man who gives a rip about a nice looking lawn.

...I'm just sayin'....

:smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

well i bet he was out there cuz he would have been the one shot if it didnt get done "rlol"

hoss4570

Post by hoss4570 »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:Aw cmon!

Cut the guy a break! We all have though of shooting the thing after spending 20 minutes yanking on that stupid cord

:lol:
THAT ain't no lie. :lol:: :lol:: I hate to admitt it but there was a time in my life (when I drank) that it would sounded like a good thing to do. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Life member N.R.A.
Take a kid shootin'
ALWAYS count your shots
PROUD C.H.L. holder

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

lunchbox wrote: i think its more fitting for the crime than a felony and 10-15 years in the joint dont you
I think that's more for the possesion of the ShortBarrelledShotgun, than the fact that he shot a lawnmower...
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Return to “Off-Topic”