Day after disaster

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Day after disaster

Post by MoJo »

I just watched a show on The History Channel called "Day After Disaster" It explores what may happen after a terrorist attack with a nuclear weapon on Washington, DC. To say the conclusions that are drawn are scary is an understatement. They say there is a secret plan to continue the government after such an attack with non elected bureaucrats.

The program says the probability of such an attack is very high.

If it comes back on you really should watch it.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

USA1

Re: Day after disaster

Post by USA1 »

MoJo wrote:
one thing about the History Channel is that shows are aired many times .

thanks for the heads up . :tiphat:
i'll keep my eyes open for it .
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

I was watching something else, but I'll be watching for the rerun. Thank you for bringing it up. I had a choice and I chose the other one.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

chamberc

Post by chamberc »

MoJo wrote:I just watched a show on The History Channel called "Day After Disaster" It explores what may happen after a terrorist attack with a nuclear weapon on Washington, DC. To say the conclusions that are drawn are scary is an understatement. They say there is a secret plan to continue the government after such an attack with non elected bureaucrats.

The program says the probability of such an attack is very high.

Watched it earlier this week... pretty good show... re-enforces that you should always be prepared to shelter in place for a while, and have all the supplies you need for at LEAST 7 days, if not more.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
LTC since 2000
http://www.texas3006.com

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

MoJo wrote:I just watched a show on The History Channel called "Day After Disaster" It explores what may happen after a terrorist attack with a nuclear weapon on Washington, DC. To say the conclusions that are drawn are scary is an understatement. They say there is a secret plan to continue the government after such an attack with non elected bureaucrats.
That's a scary thought right there!
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Who here remembers the "duck and cover" drills of the 50's and bomb shelters in the back yard?

Folk, if it comes to a nuclear attack on DC :eek6 , you can bet my 1911's, etc. will off of 'cocked and locked' and we'll be heading to the high lonesome at a rapid rate of speed.

It could happen, you just never know.

joe817
Posts in topic: 2

Post by joe817 »

Oldgringo wrote:Who here remembers the "duck and cover" drills of the 50's and bomb shelters in the back yard?

Folk, if it comes to a nuclear attack on DC :eek6 , you can bet my 1911's, etc. will off of 'cocked and locked' and we'll be heading to the high lonesome at a rapid rate of speed. It could happen, you just never know.
I sure do! The duck and cover, and the volunteer mom's on the school evacuations. Car pooling to be sure. And the high lonesome at a rapid rate of speed. We were lucky in that we had a 'high lonesome'. And we practiced it, every weekend.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

When I was in grade school in the early 60's, we had A-Bomb drills regularly. At the age of 6, I remember kneeling under my desk with my hands over my head wondering why people far far away would want to send a bomb to blow us all to bits. There was high tension and I actually believed it likely I would not grow up before someone pushed the button and mutual nuclear destruction became a reality. In an old box in my closet I have items from those days. Among them is the information sheet sent home to my parents. It says in a nuclear event, the children would be kept at the school. It was thought we would never make it home or our homes might no longer exist. In those days, Carswell air force base was a SAC base and was believed to be a target for nuclear strike. Today, the threat is different in one important way; The Soviets did not believe they would go to heaven if they killed us. There is a very big difference between a political motivation to war and a religious one.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

mymojo

Post by mymojo »

MoJo wrote: ... They say there is a secret plan to continue the government after such an attack with non elected bureaucrats.
I.E. Military martial law.

Can't think of a better pro 2A argument than that statement right there.
"Dialing 9-1-1 is wise.... Expecting them to arrive in time to save you is foolish." - Tsung Tzu, The Art of War

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

It looks like the next time it will air is 10/16 at 7:00 am, and 1:00 pm. I just set the DVR to record it.
NRA lifetime member

frazzled

Post by frazzled »

Wait, so they are saying government would be worse off than when Congress is in session? :headscratch

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Technically, if the Presidential Succession plan is actually used beyond the 4th or 5th person, you get to unelected cabinet members. That ain't secret though.

Honestly, aside from the US Military and other services like airports and shipping ports, most of the critical local organization is run by the state or local govts, not the federal govt.

Return to “Off-Topic”