Best Tactical Movie

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

speedsix
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Best Tactical Movie

Post by speedsix »

...The FBI Story...about the Miami-Dade shootout, will show you quite a few don't-dos and one good shotgun tactic...watch it with a critical attitude and you'll be amazed how many things it portrays that are wrong to do...

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Best Tactical Movie

Post by Dragonfighter »

psijac wrote:John Woo was the director that began making people fly off their feet when being shot

Way of the gun was pretty interesting in the final gun battle.
Sam Peckinpah was at the slow-mo, squib spraying, send em flying stage before Woo IIRC.

George Plimpton got yanked off his feet in Rio Lobo in 1970. Hearing him tell of it was side splitting.

Added in Edit: +1 on "Heat". The sound, the hits, pipe checks, etc. I have always hated a truck being blown 20' in the air on a column of fire and not so much as a scorch on vehicles next to it. In heat the used a shape charge and it took out car windows for half a block. I've used them before and you get a prtty good thump from 100' away. Another pet peeve is sparks whenever a bullet hits anything, even brick. Heat did not do this. And did I mention the sound?

Added in Edit Edit: "Proof of Life" was excellent from an intel and tactics realism aspect.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Return to “Off-Topic”