Health question....

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Health question....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

raptor wrote:Maybe the exercise increased your testosterone level.
I know, huh? My wife was joking that maybe I'm going to grow some chest hair now. I think I have about 6 or 7 of them. I'm not the hairiest guy in the world. I have an "adequate" beard, but I'm not one of those guys who shaves at 7 a.m, and has a 5 o'clock shadow by 9 a.m. I still have a full head of hair, and my hairline has barely receded, if at all. The funny thing is that both of my younger brothers are starting to lose their hair, and both have heavy beards and hairy bodies.

OTH, if I get a hairy body, I might lose the hair on my head. Don't know if I'm ready for that yet. :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Mad Moderate »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
raptor wrote:Maybe the exercise increased your testosterone level.
I know, huh? My wife was joking that maybe I'm going to grow some chest hair now. I think I have about 6 or 7 of them. I'm not the hairiest guy in the world. I have an "adequate" beard, but I'm not one of those guys who shaves at 7 a.m, and has a 5 o'clock shadow by 9 a.m. I still have a full head of hair, and my hairline has barely receded, if at all. The funny thing is that both of my younger brothers are starting to lose their hair, and both have heavy beards and hairy bodies.

OTH, if I get a hairy body, I might lose the hair on my head. Don't know if I'm ready for that yet. :smilelol5:
Jeff Foxworthy once said "men don't lose hair it just moves other places" :smilelol5:
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

AJ80
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AJ80 »

I'm thinking it's athletes foot.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

AJ80 wrote:I'm thinking it's athletes foot.
Why not? That's as good a guess as any other explanation. :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

flintknapper wrote:Earmites! ;-) :mrgreen:
Knowing TAM, it's more likely to be termites! :rolll
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

If you figure it out, let me know. I've been white headed for many a year now.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

The Annoyed Man wrote:...for some reason, my hair color is starting to come back...
Alright, there's no sense hiding it any longer! Confess you are an alien hybrid. :thumbs2:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

sugar land dave wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:...for some reason, my hair color is starting to come back...
Alright, there's no sense hiding it any longer! Confess you are an alien hybrid. :thumbs2:
I grok you. :lol:

#TINVOWOOT

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sugar land dave wrote:
:shock: Ewww...

:lol:
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

AJ80

Post by AJ80 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
sugar land dave wrote:
To those who don't know, grok is a real word.

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

Hair by hair? :smilelol5: 'Cause that's what's happening. It's not that my entire beard is changing color all at once, but rather that a few of the hairs have changed color, and new ones are growing in darker.....but not all of them.
The body has an incredible ability to repair itself, and IMO, your increased activity level has contributed to the effectiveness and efficiency of your body as a whole. The sudden appearance of hair pigment may simply be an easily identifiable physical manifestation of improved health as a result of your increased activity level.

Fitness and regular exercise have countless benefits, and IMO, you have improved the conditions within your body that has facilitated the ability of those hair follicles to once again produce the pigment that they once did.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

AndyC wrote:TAM aka Benjamin Button :)
Well, either way, I'll likely wind up wetting the bed and crying all night long. :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

fickman

Post by fickman »

When I first started working out last year, I definitely noticed an acceleration in the thinning of my hair on top. I talked to the doctor and read a lot online, and it seems that for men who are predisposed to male pattern baldness, increased levels of testosterone will certainly increase it's progression.

I still have a full head of hair look to the casual observer, but I got my first top-of-the-head sunburns recently, so I know it's thinning.

My wife and I decided we'd rather I be skinny and bald than overweight with all of its complications and a full head of hair. The only advantage to the latter is that I'd look better in my casket, but I'd probably get to find out a lot earlier.

:)
Native Texian

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

AJ80 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
sugar land dave wrote:
To those who don't know, grok is a real word.
Grok is used profusely in Robert A. Heinlein's "Stranger in a Strange Land", circa many years ago.

Return to “Off-Topic”