What on earth is wrong with people?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


jimandyen
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 5:37 pm
Location: Arlington, TX.

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#31

Post by jimandyen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm

In my opinion I think people do things like that because they don't care and they know they won't
be held
accountable for it.

They know there is nothing you can do to them without you getting in some kind of trouble.

It seems like the person who overreacts in these situations gets in more trouble, such as pulling a gun,
smashing a window etc.

Like I told my son at school when he got caught doing something dumb,
the teacher always seems to catch the second one.
Just my thoughts.
:txflag:

User avatar

Excaliber
Moderator
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5830
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: DFW Metro

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#32

Post by Excaliber » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

jimandyen wrote:In my opinion I think people do things like that because they don't care and they know they won't
be held
accountable for it.

They know there is nothing you can do to them without you getting in some kind of trouble.

It seems like the person who overreacts in these situations gets in more trouble, such as pulling a gun,
smashing a window etc.


Like I told my son at school when he got caught doing something dumb,
the teacher always seems to catch the second one.
Just my thoughts.
:txflag:
This is true.

If one takes the opportunity to compound another's rudeness and lack of character into a response that could best be described as felony stupid through lack of self control, he's likely to be the one to take the ride.

His day probably won't be improved by seeing the instigator laughing uproariously as he's being driven away in the squad.

There's a lot to be said for a silent response of "Whatever" and carrying on as a preferred tactic for such situations.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.


Carry-a-Kimber
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:58 am
Location: Harris County

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#33

Post by Carry-a-Kimber » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Excaliber wrote: Just goes to prove Sarah Palin was right when she said:

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Pretty sure Obama said that, Palin said
"Do you know what they say the difference is between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick!!"

User avatar

Excaliber
Moderator
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 5830
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: DFW Metro

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#34

Post by Excaliber » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:
Excaliber wrote: Just goes to prove Sarah Palin was right when she said:

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.
Pretty sure Obama said that, Palin said
"Do you know what they say the difference is between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick!!"
You're right - thanks for the correction.

Fortunately I'm not a candidate for political office, or the leftstream media would be all over me for the gaffe. :lol:
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

User avatar

Topic author
jamisjockey
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:22 am
Location: Pearland, TX
Contact:

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#35

Post by jamisjockey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:42 am

RoyGBiv wrote:It's about 100'F and she's having a bad day....
Take a deep breath, close your eyes and picture her in a bathing suit.

Relax... You'll live longer.

She was a nasty sweat hog. I'd rather picture Hillary Clinton naked than this chick.

User avatar

Topic author
jamisjockey
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:22 am
Location: Pearland, TX
Contact:

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#36

Post by jamisjockey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:45 am

philip964 wrote:You still shop at HEB after they helped kill the sanctuary bill in the legislature yesterday.

What on earth is wrong with people!

Relax. I just barely heard about that yesterday afternoon.
While I would like to avoid HEB, Kroger is a hefty chunk pricier than HEB. My wallet is already being stretched so far.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7405
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#37

Post by ELB » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:57 am

I s'pose just blowing it off and going on about one's business would be the best response, but I have to admit that this one:
Rex B wrote:...

LOL me too.
Pull up behind her car, stop.
Get out
walk over to her cart
slowly walk it to the cart return
Amble back to your car.
Maybe check the air pressure.
pull into your space
:reddevil
has a certain appeal to it... :evil2:
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#38

Post by Oldgringo » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:10 pm

jimandyen wrote:In my opinion I think people do things like that because they don't care and they know they won't
be held
accountable for it.

They know there is nothing you can do to them without you getting in some kind of trouble.

It seems like the person who overreacts in these situations gets in more trouble, such as pulling a gun,
smashing a window etc.

Like I told my son at school when he got caught doing something dumb,
the teacher always seems to catch the second one.
Just my thoughts.
:txflag:
It's always somebody else's fault.

These ill-bred tailess adults bi-peds weren't held accountable for their disgusting and/or shameful actions as children and they don't hold their ill-conceived offspring accountable for their actions either. A pox on their houses!

User avatar

texanron
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1152
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Mount Joy, PA

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#39

Post by texanron » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:09 am

jamisjockey wrote:
philip964 wrote:You still shop at HEB after they helped kill the sanctuary bill in the legislature yesterday.

What on earth is wrong with people!

Relax. I just barely heard about that yesterday afternoon.
While I would like to avoid HEB, Kroger is a hefty chunk pricier than HEB. My wallet is already being stretched so far.
Let the grocery store wars begin!
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL


chasfm11
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3665
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:01 pm
Location: Northern DFW

Re: What on earth is wrong with people?

#40

Post by chasfm11 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:33 am

Excaliber wrote: This is true.

If one takes the opportunity to compound another's rudeness and lack of character into a response that could best be described as felony stupid through lack of self control, he's likely to be the one to take the ride.

His day probably won't be improved by seeing the instigator laughing uproariously as he's being driven away in the squad.

There's a lot to be said for a silent response of "Whatever" and carrying on as a preferred tactic for such situations.
If you watch any hockey, you can see that this true in sport, too. Instigators seldom go to the penalty box for their deeds. Retaliators always do.

I have to admit that this has been a weak area for me. I think that we, as a society, have become a whole lot more tolerant of rude behavior and downright mean spirited acts than we should be. I have reminded people who were holding up checkout lines while talking on their phones that others would prefer that they finish their phone calls AFTER they checkout. That same mentality as caused me to challenge others for similar rudeness in other situations.

Now, I could be put in the "whatever" column. As bad as dealing with the rude behavior is, I don't need the negative reaction that almost always results from challenging it as an "enhancement" to my days. Those who behave this way are just as likely to escalate the matter if you call them on it. Whatever motivated them to act unreasonably in the first place seems to kick in on steroids afterwards. My guess is that these some of these same folks are road ragers behind the wheel of a car.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”