Hill County Court House

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasGal
Posts in topic: 1

Hill County Court House

Post by TexasGal »

I had to go with my dad into the HIll County Courthouse the other day. We were in a hurry and I almost forgot to disarm first :shock: . I was a bit shaken at how ugly that scene might have been since I am used to the way the Fort Worth courthouse does things. I walked up to some beautiful old doors and went in. Not one single person in sight was there to check anything. It was peaceful as could be in there. We went in the tax assessor's office, conducted our business with some of the friendliest people I've met in while and left. I have to say it felt so good to go in and have something be like I remember it as a child. Before everyone thought we had to be searched and our pockets emptied. I sincerely hope nothing bad ever happens there that they have to start doing that. It's kind of nice to know there are still places where peace and order don't come from metal detectors and armed guards. Gosh, I miss those days....
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

Keith B

Re: Hill County Court House

Post by Keith B »

It is probable that the metal detectors and searches are only in the court area. Many multi-use buildings like that will not restrict the assessor or collectors areas and you would not be illegal to go into those areas as long as you didn't enter the area where the court room(s) are.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SAK

Post by SAK »

I went in to the Lubbock County Courthouse the other day for the 1st time since they put scanners in. Dis armed in the parking space, walked up to the front door & read the sign that nail clippers were prohibited. (really, nail clippers?) walked back out to the truck to put my nail clippers up & it hit me - THEY are really afraid of us. Not the criminals, the scumbags, or the hoodlums, they are afraid of the law abiding citizen that pays taxes, minds their own business & is self sufficient.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Texasgal, now you are getting the flavor of why I choose to live in a small hill country town.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

TexasGal wrote:I had to go with my dad into the HIll County Courthouse the other day. We were in a hurry and I almost forgot to disarm first :shock: . I was a bit shaken at how ugly that scene might have been since I am used to the way the Fort Worth courthouse does things. I walked up to some beautiful old doors and went in. Not one single person in sight was there to check anything. It was peaceful as could be in there. We went in the tax assessor's office, conducted our business with some of the friendliest people I've met in while and left. I have to say it felt so good to go in and have something be like I remember it as a child. Before everyone thought we had to be searched and our pockets emptied. I sincerely hope nothing bad ever happens there that they have to start doing that. It's kind of nice to know there are still places where peace and order don't come from metal detectors and armed guards. Gosh, I miss those days....
Please keep quiet about this. If not, people from Kalifornia and New York, etc. will hear and want to move in, drive up the tax base and bring other CHANGE so that we can live like where they came from. We don't need them!

Return to “Off-Topic”