Whitney Houston Death

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 8

Whitney Houston Death

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I guess everybody has heard about it by now. Pretty sad. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have everything you could want in the way of material possessions. Then something like this happens and I realize that money really does not buy happiness. It seems like a pretty common story these days with movie stars and music idols. Well, maybe not common but it sure seems to happen way to often.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Whitney Houston Death

Post by Oldgringo »

My old Momma, RIP, always told me that we're known by the company we keep. No one forced Whitney to become an addict. She did it to herself, to her survivors and to her fans.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Money won't buy happiness, but it will buy crack. Sad.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pbwalker »

Rumor has it that the prices of crack rock plummeted on the news of her death. They say that there will be a surplus on the market for at least two years now.

;-)
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Medic218

Post by Medic218 »

I'm not surprised nor am I sympathetic
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
"Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- M218

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Watching Fox news and they just said that a "security hold" was put on the autopsy results. Hmmm... now what? So did she drown in the tub or was she just dead in the tub? I guess we can all safely assume it is somehow drug related, but I wonder why they can't tell us the cause of death?

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

MedicMan218 wrote:I'm not surprised nor am I sympathetic
Half of me agrees, and half thinks it's always sad when someone dies.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Scott in Houston

Post by Scott in Houston »

I'm just not looking forward to the 'martyrdom' that is coming now.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Watching Fox news and they just said that a "security hold" was put on the autopsy results. Hmmm... now what? So did she drown in the tub or was she just dead in the tub? I guess we can all safely assume it is somehow drug related, but I wonder why they can't tell us the cause of death?
It is so that nobody can "smear" her character (something she did well enough without any help from anybody else) during Grammy Night, at which she was supposed to perform.....or something like that. We can't have nasty facts out there while we're trying to sing someone's praises now, can we?

But, that sarcasm aside, I actually am sad for her and her family. Her 18 year old daughter was hauled away from the same hotel in an ambulance today, apparently suffering from anxiety attacks, exhaustion, and grief. Whatever negative we can say about Whitney Houston, she was a real person, and she is dead, most likely as the result of an addiction that finally beat her. I deal with addicts every week in a ministry in which I'm involved. She could be any one of several friends of mine (who are now thankfully in recovery). There was a tiime when she could have been me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Watching Fox news and they just said that a "security hold" was put on the autopsy results. Hmmm... now what? So did she drown in the tub or was she just dead in the tub? I guess we can all safely assume it is somehow drug related, but I wonder why they can't tell us the cause of death?
It is so that nobody can "smear" her character (something she did well enough without any help from anybody else) during Grammy Night, at which she was supposed to perform.....or something like that. We can't have nasty facts out there while we're trying to sing someone's praises now, can we?

But, that sarcasm aside, I actually am sad for her and her family. Her 18 year old daughter was hauled away from the same hotel in an ambulance today, apparently suffering from anxiety attacks, exhaustion, and grief. Whatever negative we can say about Whitney Houston, she was a real person, and she is dead, most likely as the result of an addiction that finally beat her. I deal with addicts every week in a ministry in which I'm involved. She could be any one of several friends of mine (who are now thankfully in recovery). There was a tiime when she could have been me.
There but for the grace of God, and our upbringing, could be going any of us.

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

The Annoyed Man wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Everyone on the Grammys tonight will be praising her. We can't have the facts messing up the fantasy. It would be refreshing for one person at the Grammy awards to tell it the way it is. I won't be holding my breath.

ADDED after seeing Oldgringo post. Your right... but maybe someone should hold up situations like this as to why it is not a good thing to abuse drugs or alcohol, rather than spending the whole darned weekend immortalizing her. Ja Know what I mean???

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

I never cared to follow what Houston was doing while she was alive and i dont care more now that she isnt. Just turning off the news for another week or so as the circus will be in full force.
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

texasmusic wrote:I never cared to follow what Houston was doing while she was alive and i dont care more now that she isnt. Just turning off the news for another week or so as the circus will be in full force.
When my daughter was a kid, she made us watch a movie Whitney was in but I think Keven Costner was the reason my daughter wanted to watch it. I bet we watched that dumb movie 50 times... I have the VHS tape...LOL.

Is it bad that I am going to watch the season premier of Walking Dead tonight instead of the grammy's...??? :mrgreen:

ninemm

Post by ninemm »

I read that, like Mike Tyson, she earned over $300 million dollars in her career. He's now broke and she died broke. It's clear both had a revenue problem.

texasmusic

Post by texasmusic »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
texasmusic wrote:I never cared to follow what Houston was doing while she was alive and i dont care more now that she isnt. Just turning off the news for another week or so as the circus will be in full force.
When my daughter was a kid, she made us watch a movie Whitney was in but I think Keven Costner was the reason my daughter wanted to watch it. I bet we watched that dumb movie 50 times... I have the VHS tape...LOL.

Is it bad that I am going to watch the season premier of Walking Dead tonight instead of the grammy's...??? :mrgreen:
Gearing up to watch TWD here too. Never watched grammies probably never will. :hurry:
Ubi libertas habitat ibi nostra patria est

Return to “Off-Topic”