Next Middle East war is comming on line fast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

old farmer
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Next Middle East war is comming on line fast

Post by old farmer »

:tiphat:

Morning,

http://www.c6f.navy.mil/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This item is interesting.

Release Date: 03/28/2012
USS ENTERPRISE, At Sea (NNS) - Sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise (CVN 65) are scheduled to visit Piraeus, Greece, March 28 on their first port visit of the ship's 22nd and final deployment.
God Bliss America.

old farmer

Post by old farmer »

http://www.c6f.navy.mil/article396center.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The site is a window to chess pieces being moved and trained. So, at what oil price will the fireworks go off? The general that studies logistics wins the war.
:patriot:
God Bliss America.

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

AndyC wrote:Sure hope it doesn't happen; the Iranians I've known are awesome people.

Why are the meatheads in charge - here and there - always such bolshy, arrogant trouble-stirring morons? Let people live in peace, regardless of their religion - sheesh.
I have to agree.

My Dad taught Iranian Air Force (under the Shah) Officers PMEL courses. He brought them home for dinner all the time.

Iran is just like Russia, the US and innumerable other countries. They are all run by a crazed-elite with their own agendas and no concern for the commoner.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

old farmer

Post by old farmer »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obam ... 45204.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obama sets stage for tough new sanctions targeting Iran’s oil
By Olivier Knox | The Ticket – 1 hr 16 mins ago

(Susan Walsh/AP)
President Barack Obama moved Friday to tighten the economic vise on Iran over its suspect nuclear program, taking a big step toward tough new sanctions aimed at crippling the Islamic republic's ability to export oil.
Obama announced in an official memorandum that he had determined that there is enough oil on world markets to go ahead with measures designed to push countries that buy Iranian crude—including key U.S. allies like Japan, South Korea and India—to get their petroleum elsewhere.
"There is a sufficient supply of petroleum and petroleum products from countries other than Iran to permit a significant reduction in the volume of petroleum and petroleum products purchased from Iran by or through foreign financial institutions," the president said in a message to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Energy Secretary Steven Chu.
"I will closely monitor this situation to assure that the market can continue to accommodate a reduction in purchases of petroleum and petroleum products from Iran," Obama said.
Under a law he signed in December, the president had until Friday to make a determination about whether countries that import Iranian oil could "significantly" reduce their purchases without sowing chaos in world markets.
The law permits Obama after June 28 to effectively cut off banks still doing business with Iran from the U.S. financial system. He could also decide to exempt institutions in countries that he formally designates as having made sufficient progress on cutting imports of Iranian oil.Washington and its allies say they suspect Tehran wants to develop the ability to build a nuclear weapon. The Islamic republic, which relies on oil exports as its major source of income, denies the allegation. The president has repeatedly said that there is still time for a diplomatic end to the tense standoff over Iran's nuclear program, even as Israel has reportedly taken steps toward preparing for a military strike.
Obama's Friday decision could send already soaring gasoline prices—a political liability for him heading toward the November elections—still higher, though media reports suggest that the administration has been working with key allies like Britain and France to release emergency oil reserves to offset any major disruption in supply.
God Bliss America.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Purplehood wrote:
AndyC wrote:Sure hope it doesn't happen; the Iranians I've known are awesome people.

Why are the meatheads in charge - here and there - always such bolshy, arrogant trouble-stirring morons? Let people live in peace, regardless of their religion - sheesh.
I have to agree.

My Dad taught Iranian Air Force (under the Shah) Officers PMEL courses. He brought them home for dinner all the time.

Iran is just like Russia, the US and innumerable other countries. They are all run by a crazed-elite with their own agendas and no concern for the commoner.
:iagree: I went to college with several Persians [that is what they liked to call themselves]. Many of them came to the US to get an education in Chemistry and Chemical Engineering so they could return home to get good jobs. While they were in the US, the people I knew were not political at all. They were afraid to associate with certain groups or speak out in public because they would be reported to the authorities and they feared they would be arrested when they returned home.
NRA Endowment Member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Really? I don't want another war again. My entire adult life (21+) we have been fighting wars over there. Why can't those people (those nutsos in power) learn to behave themselves, just a little bit.

However, if we have to do it. For heaven sakes we need some better rules of engagement, and I don't think our current commander and chief has the guts for that.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Hoosier Daddy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

mamabearCali wrote:Really? I don't want another war again. My entire adult life (21+) we have been fighting wars over there. Why can't those people (those nutsos in power) learn to behave themselves, just a little bit.

However, if we have to do it. For heaven sakes we need some better rules of engagement, and I don't think our current commander and chief has the guts for that.
Has congress actually declared war in the past 50 years?
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

De facto wars then, with some of my classmates coming homes in pieces from them. If these wars have not been wars then what have they been, bake sales with shrapnel?

Sorry, just a little tired of hearing of this classmate from my class or that one from my brothers class being maimed and or dying for people that seem to delight in living the the year 700 and have no desire to progress. (no offense meant to beiruity) Grrrrrr!
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Hoosier Daddy wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:Really? I don't want another war again. My entire adult life (21+) we have been fighting wars over there. Why can't those people (those nutsos in power) learn to behave themselves, just a little bit.

I think the last was WWII.
NRA Endowment Member

dukalmighty

Post by dukalmighty »

4 minesweepers could be ,Bubba,Ralph,Earnest,Jacob in dinghys with hand held metal detectors
It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

We had Iranian midshipmen on our destroyer for training, and I was assigned to teach them the finer points of naval gunnery. I still remember, with great glee, the middies coming to me with a question about gun sight alignment from their homework. The spokesman for the group mangled "collimation tower" so badly that, although I was well acquainted with the subject, I had no idea what he was talking about and actually had to ask him to bring me the book that the question was in.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I really think that BO is deliberately setting the nation up for a crisis-mode come election time; with the obvious implications to his reelection being foremost in my mind.

I really, really despise him as much as I did little Bush. Maybe even more.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Bart

Post by Bart »

Don't let a crisis go to waste.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

lbuehler325

Post by lbuehler325 »

WildBill wrote:
Hoosier Daddy wrote:

I think the last was WWII.
No. Congress has not done their Constitutional obligation of declaring war since WWII. That also means that almost every president since then has also violated the Constitution by engaging in war without a declaration in the same time frame. I really think we would have avoided most of these wars, had Congress been forced to take responsibility for said action, instead of just abdicating their authority to an increasingly powerful Executive branch.
RLTW!
TX CHL (Formerly licensed in PA, MA, KY)
MOPH, VFW, GOA, NRA, 82nd Airborne Division Association

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Beiruty »

USN Big "Chess" pieces are on the move:

http://news.yahoo.com/us-navy-deploys-2 ... 16846.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”