GOP demographics - white, aging, and dying off.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BillT
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

GOP demographics - white, aging, and dying off.

Post by BillT »

I saw this article on CNN today. It got me thinking about a lot of things. Is this also a problem for this forum as well? Are most of the members here "white, aging, and dying off"? I'm asking this as a rhetorical question as I don't want to break the forum rules. What might the make up of this forum be 5, 10, or even 20 years from now? Will the forum just die too when there are no longer enough people willing to bash the Dems or anyone else who is not conservative, or will the forum evolve into a place where gun loving self defense enthusiast of all political persuasions are welcome? It will be interesting to see over time...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/21/politics/ ... ?hpt=hp_t3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

74novaman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: GOP demographics - white, aging, and dying off.

Post by 74novaman »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=47122

So it looks like the answer to your question is....no, it will not die off.

By the way, I'm 25. Libertarian, though a realistic one....which means I vote for the most libertarian candidate I can find in the primaries to be the R nominee, then suck it up and vote R in the general.
TANSTAAFL

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Not a bit of bias to be seen here, nope, not a bit... :roll:

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

Heartland Patriot wrote:Not a bit of bias to be seen here, nope, not a bit... :roll:
You have to qualify the term "bias." Bias from the right is knuckle-dragging Neanderthal racism. Bias from the left is "progressive thought."

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Well I am Caucasian, but i am also 31 years old and hope to have many years left before glory.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

..."Look both ways before crossing the street" seems in order...

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I too am Caucasian, but i'm also 22. Most of my friends my age are gun loving conservatives just like me.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

psijac

Post by psijac »

My first response would run afoul of the 10 year old daughter rule. My second response is y'all need to start making more ten year old daughters
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

Working on it! So far four children. Two boys two girls. We are blessed!
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

FishInTx

Post by FishInTx »

I'm white, aging, and dying off (46). I feel the forum is very race, age, and gender nuetral. It will be around long after I'm gone, with a good mix of all people who love freedom, guns and the USA.

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

ajwakeboarder wrote:I too am Caucasian, but i'm also 22. Most of my friends my age are gun loving conservatives just like me.
I'm certainly glad there are younger folks on here like ajwakeboarder. They can help provide insights that might be illuminating to a situation. OTOH, I am not surprised there aren't a lot more 20-somethings on this forum, even if they share the same ideas as other members here in regards to firearms, the Second Amendment and concealed carry. When I was a young guy, I was concerned about things like working my job, being with my wife and child/children, us hanging out with friends and having a good time when we could. Granted they didn't have the 'Net as such back then, but I still doubt I would have had a lot of time for a forum like this. No matter how I felt about firearms and the like (and I was raised on guns, as they say), there are only so many hours in a day. Today, part of hanging with friends is social networking and online gaming, so there goes a lot of internet time right there...I'm not concerned about the age of folks on here, its just the way life works.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Mostly white + 1/32 Javanese, registered republican but self-identify as "conservative" with a populist streak, evangelical Christian, currently 59 and will be 60 in October.

None of this matters to anyone except liberals, nor should it.

Quoting the article:
"The Republicans' problem is their voters are white, aging and dying off," said David Bositis, a senior research associate at the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies, who studies minority political engagement.

"There will come a time when they suffer catastrophic losses with the realization of the population changes."

Over the next several generations, the wave of minority voters -- who, according to U.S. Census figures released this week, now represent more than half of the nation's population born in the past year -- will become more of a power base in places like Alabama, Mississippi and Georgia. That hold will extend across the Southwest all the way to California, experts say.
The problem with this assumption is that many of those minorities are socially conservative, and that as they age and acquire a vested interest in the stability and financial health of the nation, they will likely become politically conservative on their own without any prompting from aging white boys. Also, many of them, like Cubans for instance, fled countries where anti-capitalism and its attendent absence of personal freedoms drove them out. They are not likely to surrender their salvation to the same kind of enforced income redistribution and nanny statism that they fled in their homelands.

I actually have great hope for conservatism.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

As us aging Republicans are dying off, there will always be young Democrats growing up and becoming Republicans to replace us.

You know what they say - If you are under 25 and not a Democrat, you have no heart. If you are over 25 and not a Republican, you have no brain.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 5

Post by sjfcontrol »

Wait a cotton-pickin' minute! I thought the entire population was aging -- it's only Republicans?

I think that's GREAT news! That means they'll be LOTS AND LOTS of young Democrats available to pay for my Social Security and Medicare!

Just to show them, I may NEVER "die off"!

:evil2:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
BillT
Banned

Post by BillT »

There are a lot of people in denial on this forum. Don't forget the last election!

Return to “Off-Topic”