What Did Santa Bring You?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

What Did Santa Bring You?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I got a GoPro Hero 3 HD Black camera from my wife, son, and DIL. That was the "big" gift. I also got a box of Whoppers, a small package of Jelly Belly jellybeans, and a large box of mixed nuts.

Unfortunately, the camera does not have an internal memory chip, and it requires a micro SD card which is not included in the kit. So I've got to make a trip to Best Buy tomorrow morning to pick one up, and a second battery and a battery charger.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What Did Santa Bring You?

Post by mamabearCali »

I got two books, a new set of dishes and some kitchen tools. Wish there were fun firearm stuff but alas we are in N.Y this Christmas, so not an option.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Piney

Post by Piney »

We got our son a GoPro3somthingorother. One of the recommendations was to get a "class 10" memory card. I assume that's a faster model so he can record videos better ? He's been trying to download an update and other software--GoPro web site is overwhelmed.

Back to the original thread-- Santa brought me a S&W 686, case of .38 ammo, socks and underwear.....

PBR

Post by PBR »

tell you what he didnt bring me -- an ar lower -- lol -- guess i was on the bad list :rules:
Houston, Tx.
DPS Received - Jan. 26th
Received Pin# - Feb. 25th
IN HAND!!!!!! June 9th

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jimlongley »

A new Seidel harmonica in G.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by urnoodle »

My family lives out of state and due to recent developments in my mother's health we decided to do visa gift cards. I must have been very good this year. No idea what I'll end up spending them on so I'll hang on to them for another rainy day. I couldn't travel home for Christmas so my best gift was the extended family that came together to show my parents one heck of a great holiday. They all had a blast.

I suppose I can add the pre-Christmas gift that I bought myself, an AK-74 with 1000 rounds of ammo and (4) 30 rounds magazines.

Merry and Blessed Christmas to All!
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Piney wrote:We got our son a GoPro3somthingorother. One of the recommendations was to get a "class 10" memory card. I assume that's a faster model so he can record videos better ? He's been trying to download an update and other software--GoPro web site is overwhelmed.

Back to the original thread-- Santa brought me a S&W 686, case of .38 ammo, socks and underwear.....
My GoPro had been previously purchased and returned, so my wife got a bit a discount on it. Everything was there EXCEPT the owner's manual. So I tried to get it downloaded from the website, and it took for-ev-er. Here's the link to the PDF if your son needs it: http://gopro.com/wp-content/uploads/201 ... AL_Web.pdf

The 686 and the ammo are a neat gift.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I got a DeWalt 18v Cordlesss drill, shell sorter, CAT tool, Old Spice, and a couple of gag gifts. We went to the step-daughter's last night for a meal and gift exchange. Since it's just Mrs. MoJo we went to Luby's for Christmas dinner. I got to talk to all my daughters on Christmas the oldest is in Korea the others are in the Austin area. This was a great Christmas!
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I ask for some Whirled Peas. Maybe when the current POTUS gets back from Hawaii, eh?

urnoodle
Posts in topic: 4

Post by urnoodle »

I love the gag gift. The only gift that wasn't a gift card was the gag gifts I bought for my Mom & Dad. My Mom got an animal print snuggie and my Dad got a pair of these;
He has apparently worn them all day.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

AndyC wrote:$30 Bass Pro card - my wife got a loaded iPad (took her totally off-guard) :mrgreen:
Great gift! :clapping:

I got Mrs. Oldgringo an iPad last Spring. She can now do FaceTime with grandkids 600 miles from here. It doesn't take many 1200 mile trips at >$3.00/gal to offset the cost of an iPad. :evil2:

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

I got a humidor (was damaged durng shipping....have to get a replacement), a 14 pack of cigars, 2sets of new scrubs, a fire safe, and a $25 amazon card.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

My bride got about $400 in clothes, and although she was with me when they were purchased, I picked them all.

And a new flashlight http://www.hexbright.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; She saw mine and darn near stole it from me. On high power it competes with my headlights.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

My best gift was the quality time spent with my family in the morning, and with extended family throughout the day. I was able to surprise my Mrs. Vol Texan with a few items, and my 4-year old daughter got "a Barbie house that's bigger than ME, daddy!"

Santa brought me a new 9mm Sig 2022 with factory-installed Tritium night sights, three 15-round magazines, and a new 5-11 range bag (plus several other very cool things - my wife is an amazing lady, indeed!). The Crossbreed Supertuck is on the way, and should be here within a few more days.

The Sig will be my new EDC, and my .45 Glock 36 will be retired to my bedside weapon.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”